BL Challenge Black Team Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good MOrning Ladies. I did get in some yoga this morning.

Tri-MOm good luck with the potty training. THat is so long ago for me I have forgotten what it was like.(sons are 18 and 23)

leanne2255 Congrats on both Chicago teams being in the playoffs. Dh is a Mets fan and we all know what has happened to them the past two years.

PrincessGeek Congrats on the brocolli.

goldcupmom I was really inspired to see how Jerry did last night. I had been wondering when they were going to start sending only one person home.

Question of the Day
What is your favorite Disney movie?

I will get back to you on this.

QUESTION OF THE DAY RESPONSE:

My favorite movie is "Meet the Robinsons". The whole theme of the movie just struck a cord with me.

Hear Ye Hear Ye, the Weightkeeper speaks

Finally here it is. The results are in. The tabulations have been made. Everything has been double checked for accuracy. And the biggest question is 'Will your name be on the list?'

We started the week with 142 participants. We had 6 new folks join us and 6 folks have been removed for not reporting in at all. So we are still at 142 participants.

-------------------Black Team-----Blue Team-----Red Team-----Total
started week---------48-------------46-------------48-----------142
newbies---------------2--------------3--------------1-------------6
removed--------------2--------------2---------------2------------6
current-members-----48-------------47-------------47-----------142
not reporting 1 wk----13------------10---------------7------------30
not reporting 2 wk----11-------------5---------------4------------20
newbies not reporting--1-------------1---------------0-------------2
weigh ins for week----23------------31--------------36-----------90

What I find amazing here is that 50 people have not checked in for the week. That is 35% or our participants. So remember ladies (I think we are all ladies here - if not speak up now) anyway ladies always check in with your weight keeper. She worries about you when you do not check in. Even if you had a bad week no apologies are necessary. Just try to do better the next week. We all have an off week every once in a while.

Black Team week 2

23 weigh ins
1 newbie initial weight
2 gains totaling 3.7 lbs
2 maintains
18 losses totaling 32.6 lbs

Weekly net loss 28.9 lbs
Cumulative net loss 101.3 lbs

Now let's get to the good stuff. Let's look at our Black Team Superstars.

Please note - Thanks so much for the notes revealing your names. It showed me that folks actually read this junk I spend hours typing.

This weeks note is about those that skip a weigh in. If you come back after two weeks and have a great loss that is wonderful but you may not be a superstar for that. I take that percentage and divide it in half since it was for two weeks. That only seems fair doesn't it?

Also I need a weight report made to me every week. If you stayed the same still report. When you report state your weight for the week not just 'I stayed the same' or 'I lost 2 pounds'. I need the number of pounds you weigh. If you post your report on the team thread it does not count unless you PM or email a report to me.

Keep in mind I am human. I do make mistakes (ask the Red Team, sorry about that). If you have a concern please PM or email me.

Are we ready now? Can you stand the suspense?

The Black Team Week 2 Superstars

#10-0.676% -barbmouse-??
#9-0.807%-heart4pooh-Lynne
#8-0.889-MyManGoofy!-??
#7-0.949-pixiemagic30-Becki
#6-0.966-Pooh46-Pam

#5-0.974%-TriMom-Kat
#4-1.255%-mtdsnylvr-Mona
#3-1.317%-katiemacsmom-??
#2-1.493%-experiment_627-Candy

and now

The Black Team Week 2 Biggest Loser

#1-1.494%-knovak-Kim

Congratulations Kim. Great work! That sure was a close one but it is all you girl. Keep it up. Here is a special clippie for you to add to your signature if you would like. You are welcome to flaught it until the next official announcement that will be made next Tuesday. Enjoy your reign!

31040weeklyWIfinal-thumb.jpg

or use http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyWIfinal-thumb.jpg
followed by

Now this is all exciting news but there is more. Well here it is.

The week 2 WISH BL 6 Challenge Biggest Loser Team

#3-The Red Team-.387%
To be #1 they would have had to lose an additional 26 pounds!

#2-The Black Team-0.635%
To be #1 you would have had to lose an additional 7 pounds!

and now announcing our weekly Biggest Loser Team Champions

#1-The Blue Team-.774%

Well that is it for this week. We did have our Biggest Loser week 2 slump. What are you doing about week 3? You never know when we will hit a slump. If you have a great week that week that increases your chances of being a superstar. So what's holding you you back? Get to work. You hold the fork. Can you help the Black team reclaim their #1 Biggest Loser status? Can you be a superstar? Yes you can. I know you can so get going superstar!

Have a healthy day!

I would have to go with Pocahontas. I love Native American culture and the three critters (Meeko, Flit and Percy) are just so funny.

Mine is definately Little Mermaid. That has the best music too. But truly love all Disney movies animated or not. Doing well this week Keeping up with my diet and walking the tread mill everyday!

leanne - I'm SO SORRY for the spoiler!!! :eek: I don't have a DVR, so never think about it!! Lesson learned!!!

Off to the gym this morning although I was REALLY tired....bed at 11, up at 4 to do dogs, then didn't get back to sleep before I had to get moving at 5:30.
But, I did it & swam 63 lengths & did my 50 stair push ups & 50 tricep pushups on the stairs. My arms are like jelly!!

QOTD....hmmmmm.....I can't think of a favorite a the moment, but will keep pondering.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!!

Well, if I think only of the animated movies, then Beauty & The Beast is it for me. The animation in the that movie is awesome. Non-animated, Mary Poppins. I was totally transported into that world when I first saw the movie, growing up.

Congrats to Kim for being the BL on our team, week 2. Great job to all the team members. Getting ready for WW Weigh-in. Got my fingers crossed.

WOW! I never imagined that I would have made the 10 BL of the week! Yeah Me! Now just to keep that momentum going...

Keep up the good work everyone! I know things can get in the way of our eating and our workouts -- they have for me this week -- but I know that I am better off than just a few weeks ago. Can't wait for the challenges!

As for my favorite Disney movie: Mulan. I love them all, but I love how Fa Mulan is couragious enough to do what she feels is right in her heart even though she may die or bring even more dishonour to her family.

QOTD - All time favorite movie - Pollyanna - unfortunately no one in my family will watch it with me. My favorite animated movie is either Alice in Wonderland or Robin Hood

How is everyone doing with their water and steps today - I've been doing laundry, and instead of sitting down and folding it, using a basket, a stood, folded a handful, walked to put it away, and repeat. I am up to 3200 steps today!!!! I am also at 6 glasses of water. And I have written down every bite of food I had today. Good job so far!

goldcupmom what are stair pushups? I can't do a traditional pushup to save my life, so if they are a little easier, it may be a good start for me.

leanne Mary Poppins is a very close second to Pollyanna for me - it was a tough decision. :laughing:

mommy..... great job on having a good week!!!!

Raenstroim Why am I not surprised that you love the critters in Pochohanas??!!!!

kim :dance3: :yay: :cool1: :woohoo: Way to go!!! Biggest Loser!!!

Dona Thanks for reminding me that I NEED to get to a yoga class this week. I hope I can find a night to get out of the house....

Awesome job Black Team!! #2's not bad....hopefully we can overtake the Blue team this week!

Great job on being our BL this week, Kim! :cheer2:

TriMom- keep up the awesome work. I don't know what I would do if my DH wasn't able to pitch in as much. You have a great attitude, keep it up!!

I was SOOOO disappointed when the Yellow Team fell below the line. But so happy to see that Jerry didn't give up.

QOTD: I have a hard time picking a favorite because I love them all. But The Little Mermaid is probably at the top of the list. princess:

:confused: :confused: :confused: I have a question for the team: I know a lot of you guys are on WW. I can't do the meetings but might be able to do the online WW. What are the pros/cons of joining online vs. going to a "live" meeting? TIA!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Have a great Wednesday all!!!!
Sharon

Good afternoon everyone. I just sent dh grocery shopping. We have been married for 30 years and I think he has gone with me just once or twice. I had to give him a very specific list. He even needed to know how many plum tomoatoes to buy. I kept the list to a minimum but who knows what he is going to bring home. Since it is 4 I even asked him to pick up some chicken for dinner and he acted like I was killing him to pick up one more thing.I do this every week I am aksing him to do it one time:confused3 :confused3 Did I ask for the shingles?

Movies I have too many to pick one. Lady and the Tramp , watching Bednobs and Broomsticks at Radio City Music Hall one Christmas, Mary Poppins at a drive in, THe Fox and the Hound with dh and I being the only adults in the place without kids. Beauty and the Beast, which I explained why last Friday. The Parent Trap (since I am a twin) I love the original but do enjoy the new one. I recently saw Pollyanna and had fun watching it. Don't forget Alladin , who could not love what Robin WIlliams did with the genie. I think I better stop

I will be getting a few more veggies in at dinner and finish my water then too. I haven't felt like walking yet but I am glad I was able to get some yoga stretches in this morning. Maybe tomorrow morning I will walk on my patio after dh goes to work.

Congrats on being in 2nd place. NOt a a bad place to be. COngrats to all the top 10 and especially Kim. Keep up the good work. Let's have another losing week.

I can't believe I lost the most this past week. How inspiring! I'll have to remember that tomorrow morning when it's 41 degrees while I take my morning walk! YIKES! I've been dropping my girls off at school and walking 1 1/2 miles before I go to work. My neighbor says I'm making her look bad - LOL! I've seen quite a few moms in my sub at school who have commented on my walking - maybe I can inspire someone else! I don't know how I'll fair this week with my weight loss, but I'll just keep plugging along!

Thanks for the kind words and inspiration!:goodvibes

My favorite move is Beauty & the Beast. And congrats to everyone losers and non-losers....as long as you're here then you are still a winner!!

Good Thursday MOrning everyone.

Question of the Day
What is the hardest part about losing weight?

FOr me it is the fact that the last couple of times I have started on this journey I have either gotten sick or injured. I can't lose weight without working out and it has hindered me.

Hardest part about losing weight: The lack of instant gratification. I know, I didn't get fat over night, so I won't get skinny over night; take it 1 day at a time, yada yada yada.... But it's hard to put all of the hard work in today - staying OP, working out every day, and knowing that it will be months before your see the results of your work AND you will only see results if you keep with it.

QOTD

My biggest issues is what I call the floor factor. I have been on the 200-teens for as long as I can remember. I work and work and work for months and only hit a floor. It is not a plateau since I can never get past it.:sad: There is obviously something I need to add or subtract or something that I just haven't discovered. The lowest I can get to is 209.2. I have been keeping meticulous records for almost ten years (weighing in like clockwork and recording it every week, keeping written records of what I eat and how much I exercise). If I saw a 208.8 one day I think i would just cry. Currently I am sitting at 212 point something. I can get back to 209 point something really easy and then I just sit there and gain a little then lose a little always coming back to 212 point something. It is so infuriating! :furious: Then of course I binge for a few weeks, skyrocket to 220. I even hit 224 twice in the last year! The first was October 27, 2007 and Jan 6, 2008 (told you I keep the records!) I always get back to 212 and then to 209 with little issue, but I hit the floor and get stuck!
I have joined a group personal training "class" that runs twice a week until Jan 30th. If that doesn't help, I will have to go to weight loss doc the first of the year.

QOTD: Like donac, everytime I start feeling better about myself because I start excercising again and watching what I eat I get hurt. Last fall and then again this past spring I had fallen on my knee in a way that was compared to being ina head on crash and smashing the knee cap on the dash board, sounds fun huh?! Over the summer I noticed the pain was gone and I was super-uber happy. Then, the last couple of weeks it has started up again. Tuesday, I took my dc on a field trip and we hiked up an ancient Indian mound of 117+ steps and I have been on ibuprophin ever since because of the pain. It is really difficult to workout and stay postive when it hurts to even walk. For me, that is what is the hardest thing about losing weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter