Bizarre Call at Work from DVC

Whizzo25

Disney Me Baby !!!
At work the other day, my secretary/assistant/administrative executive/right hand/indispensible partner buzzed me and said there was a weird message being played on my office line. By the time I got on the phone, all I heard was "remember, this offer expires in 24 hours." Click. End of call. When I asked her what she heard on the call, all she could remember was something about DVC ("what is that?" Oh, what she is missing) that it was for 4 days/3 nights, the cost was only $99 and that I had 24 hours to call an 800#. Needless to say, I called MS practically salivating into the phone thinking wonderful thoughs (a promotion for BCV, a random selection for belonging to DVC). MS couldn't have been nicer, but they couldn't figure out what it was, especially since the call was to my work phone.

Any ideas what I might have missed out on?
:confused: :confused:

I have recieved two of these calls recently, they are not from DVC or MS, but from one of the other timeshare properties in the area that likes to throw the Disney name into their call promos. They offer 4 days, 3 nights in the Orlando area with 2 one day tickets to "Disney" and then another 3 days, 2 nights at one of their other properties in Fort Lauderdale, all for $99.00 but you have to return the call within 24 hours with the code number they give out on the phone. But definately not DVC!!

A co-worker played back the same voice mail for me the other day. No mention of DVC, I don't remember any actual name. I'm sure it was a scam, you probably had to give your cc# to reserve it. She is not a DVC member and another co-worker got it on her VM, she is also not a member. My guess is they were dialing random #'s.

I received a very similar message on my answering machine this past winter, I called back for the hell of it - machine on the other side, company I never heard of - left my name and number and never received a call back.

How funny, I got that call on Saturday morning June 29th as I was making my bed just before we left for the airport. I laughhed and hung up. It is great to not wonder about these offers since I get to go whenever I want to with DVC!

Me too. Last week we were at OKW and I called my office phone mail and I had the same message. I almost called to laugh at them, but I was having too much fun at Disney.

Has anybody noticed a sharp increase in the number of phone calls and letters about selling or renting your DVC??? Or is it just me???

I don't recall ever getting a phone call or mail other than directly from DVC - thank goodness :)!

We received a phone call last week on our answering machine with the same type of information. It did not mention "DVC", but was the typical, call in 24 hours to claim this wonderful offer to Orlando.

Who ever the marketing company is, they are really missing the mark. I don't see DVC members as being very likely to bite on such an offer. We already have our very own personal "great deal".

Troy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter