• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bit of trouble using DAS today

MinnieMSue

DIS Veteran
At AK today and we did not make either of our pre booked reservations but apparently it kept one or both in the system longer than the hour. For one ride we booked a regular day of DAS after missing the prescheduled return time. Apparently without me realizing it - the system used the prescheduled pass instead of the one I booked day off. Well I have some vision issues so I had no idea what happened and thought I had booked the next ride later. Turns out instead of saying confirm the new reservation it was telling me it was cancelled or something similar. I had no idea and we kept getting rejected on rides. I have been having trouble seeing our daily scheduled rides etc on the app under my plans so I didn’t realize that my day of das picks were not going through. Eventually a lovely cast member took my phone and got it all straightened out. It was very embarrassing for us. It went on a couple of hours. So bottom like is double check those prebooked rides. They may be active longer and mess up if you also book a day of ride for the same thing. For me I am going to have my daughter do the das picks since she can see very well as my poor vision was not helping any

Vision problems are the worst. I make my screen as big as possible and still have to use reading glasses. If you can't get the screen big enough, you can always take a screen shot and then zoom that in.

Vision problems are the worst. I make my screen as big as possible and still have to use reading glasses. If you can't get the screen big enough, you can always take a screen shot and then zoom that in.

Yeah I should have done that and will from now on. I guess I should have known if the pre-booked experienced still show up they may work. We missed most of them and I assumed they no longer worked. I will have to be more careful. Having a great time though.

I make sure to have my reading glasses handy (usually on the top of my head) so that I can easily see my phone, but at Disney that is tricky for me as well. Glad you figured out your issue with seeing the screen properly. This post reminds me to order a few extra pairs of glasses for my next trip :)

Yeah I should have done that and will from now on. I guess I should have known if the pre-booked experienced still show up they may work. We missed most of them and I assumed they no longer worked. I will have to be more careful. Having a great time though.
Honestly, the pre selects are not worth the hassle, IMO. Most of the time you don't even need them and can get on the rides that you want anyway. I don't even bother doing the online chat. I just renew when I get there at a blue umbrella. It has always been fast and easy.

Also, if you have the ability to carry a tablet (which may have better screen/text enlargement options for you) the My Disney Experience app will run on a tablet. You use the free Guest Disney WiFi to connect.

I have run into the same thing when booking a same day DAS for a pre booked that we missed. When we would scan in, it would use the pre booked instead of the day of DAS. And it was usually several hours difference.

Also, if you have the ability to carry a tablet (which may have better screen/text enlargement options for you) the My Disney Experience app will run on a tablet. You use the free Guest Disney WiFi to connect.

I don’t have one unfortunately but pretty sure I wouldn’t bring one. I just had my daughter make the reservations after we figured out what was wrong. It was much easier that way. Plus she is more tech savvy which also helps

Oh boy, we had not encountered this last year, but we didn't go on any rides more than once. We didn't book anything that we already had advanced DAS times for. This trip however I can see DS wanting to do some rides more than once. Thanks for the heads up. And I'm sorry it glitched your day.

I just had to buy myself readers and then realized I need sunglass readers for outside at the pool, and you just made me realize I'm going to need them for Disney so I can see my phone! One more thing to carry and keep track of.

Oh boy, we had not encountered this last year, but we didn't go on any rides more than once. We didn't book anything that we already had advanced DAS times for. This trip however I can see DS wanting to do some rides more than once. Thanks for the heads up. And I'm sorry it glitched your day.

I just had to buy myself readers and then realized I need sunglass readers for outside at the pool, and you just made me realize I'm going to need them for Disney so I can see my phone! One more thing to carry and keep track of.

I do have sunglass readers and took my reading glasses (like I always have anywhere I go). My reading glasses broke on the trip but luckily they sell them in many gift shops with the sunglasses. I got a new pair at the Pop gift shop but saw them in many gift shops in the parks

Also we had test track that was prebooked at Epcot change to anytime pass but was only able to be used for a few rides including test track. Also our day of ride that we booked for frozen did the same. It too was for limited rides including frozen of course. I was worried that it would use it for the wrong ride but that didn’t happen especially since each pass could not be used for the other ride. Also it was interesting that they tapped green when I used them without having to have the cast member approve them.

I do have sunglass readers and took my reading glasses (like I always have anywhere I go). My reading glasses broke on the trip but luckily they sell them in many gift shops with the sunglasses. I got a new pair at the Pop gift shop but saw them in many gift shops in the parks
Yeah, they sell those Mickey reading glasses everywhere. I have a pair but they are not the most comfortable.

Also we had test track that was prebooked at Epcot change to anytime pass but was only able to be used for a few rides including test track. Also our day of ride that we booked for frozen did the same. It too was for limited rides including frozen of course. I was worried that it would use it for the wrong ride but that didn’t happen especially since each pass could not be used for the other ride. Also it was interesting that they tapped green when I used them without having to have the cast member approve them.

The rides change to an Anytime pass when the ride goes down. At that point, the DAS should become a Redemption Experience (or something like that). If that happens, you can book your next DAS before using the current one. And because it is anytime, it will always scan as green as it is no longer seen by the system as a DAS.

The rides change to an Anytime pass when the ride goes down. At that point, the DAS should become a Redemption Experience (or something like that). If that happens, you can book your next DAS before using the current one. And because it is anytime, it will always scan as green as it is no longer seen by the system as a DAS.

I didn’t know about booking another ride so we didn’t until after we used it but that’s ok and good to know next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter