Bit Of A Shock But........

tinkertot

Mouseketeer
Yes it is a little shocking with the prices of the Disney resorts. I've been
reading some of the other threads of how others are choosing not to
stay on site because of the price increase. I just picked a resort that I
know that will fit in our budget. I'm going to start planning from here
for our stay in March of 2008. We'll stay at the POFQ for $199.00 a night.
Might be lucky and get a pin code. But I choose not to stay off sight because
we did that before and the magic just isn't there. :wizard: We truly
want the whole shabang!!!:banana:

Us too! You can't beat the transportaion system and (currently) free airport to resort transportation, that would run about $100 right there. We also go during value season, so the pricing doesn't really affect us much...no price increases during weekends. I couldn't bring myself to stay in a deluxe during holiday season, but we go when the price is right for us.

Hey I see that your also from Texas.:wave2: We're from Needville, just 30 minutes from Houston.

Mesquite, just outside of Dallas :wave2: When in Feb are you going? We are hoping for a quick trip Jan 31 - Feb 3. School is out on Feb 1, and it's a early release day on Jan 31. DS is in middle school 6th grade, DD in 5th grade, so we don't want to take them out of school for long. Maybe we'll do Jan 30 as well, depends on how thier grades look by then to see if they can afford a few 0's (especially DS, I don't think he can make up work...DD can, I work at her school ;)

I couldn't agree more, I can't imagine after a long day driving back to an offsite resort. I do like the whole Disney feel. I have been paying on my trip for about 8 months now. If you pay here and there it doesn't seem too bad. I also got my first value season, so I could afford a room always wanted. I lived in Mesquite when I was a teen (too many years ago) I went to North Mesquite High School. Only for a year, I did love Texas though.

Mesquite, just outside of Dallas :wave2: When in Feb are you going? We are hoping for a quick trip Jan 31 - Feb 3. School is out on Feb 1, and it's a early release day on Jan 31. DS is in middle school 6th grade, DD in 5th grade, so we don't want to take them out of school for long. Maybe we'll do Jan 30 as well, depends on how thier grades look by then to see if they can afford a few 0's (especially DS, I don't think he can make up work...DD can, I work at her school ;)

Hello, fellow Texans! I'm about 20 miles east of Mesquite. Small world ain't it. I go May, Sept, and Dec and will continue to do so. I just can't imagine staying offsite. I love being immersed in the Disney feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter