Bit of a problem

I am going to assume that the cruise doesnt sail until Saturday or Sunday. While I think she should go tommorow morning and get the new passport you are pushing the time constraints for international flights Is ther anyway she can switch to a lter flight or perhaps even a flight on wed?
The first Med. cruise leaves from Barcelona on Saturday.

Thanks for the advice everyone. We were able to change her flight with no fees or anything until Thursday! The tracking suggests she will be able to get her package by then. What a crazy situation.

Our flight isn't til 4 out of LAX so it is possible! Anyone know the name of the same day passport service??

Oh, LAX, that's so much easier! I figured you guys were leaving from FL.

Even without a reservation you can do that?

The person last week did.

It's best to set up an appointment, even if it's later the same day. Because the people with appointments get to go ahead of those without appointments.

But, yes, you can do it without an appointment. The poster needing to get the same-day passport didn't have an appointment. As noted she was on the door step at 5:30 am (7:00 opening), was processed by 11:00 or so, and picked up her passport at 1:30-2:00. She was the 3rd person in line at 5:30.

The person last week couldn't get an appointment time that day at all, which is why she didn't do it. I think you know that, but others won't.

Thanks for the advice everyone. We were able to change her flight with no fees or anything until Thursday! The tracking suggests she will be able to get her package by then. What a crazy situation.

Oh, wow. Honestly I'd be at the passport agency tomorrow anyway. I don't trust shippers quite THAT much.

But it's great that you could change her flight without fees. Whew!

Several of these things don't happen for international travel, like checking in at the gate or having other people check your luggage (unless they can check it as their luggage if they have the weight allowance available). For international travel, you have to check in with your passport before you can get a boarding pass.

But I think the suggestions are good to have a way to get to LAX independent of the rest of the group, with minimal luggage and not having to return a rental car or otherwise be delayed. Or see if there is a later flight.

Nancy

Good point on check-in. I definitely meant for others to check her luggage as theirs: if 10 minutes means making the flight, it is worth the charge for someone else to check the bag!

Glad to hear you could change the flight. I agree with PP who suggested getting replacement passport anyway.

I was part of a big group sailing this feb, and we were supposed to leave a day or two after that big blizzard hit up north. If something happens and you truly can't get there, this is what several people had to do: meet the boat at its next stop. You miss the first day or two of your cruise, but it is still better than missing all of it. We picked up two groups at our first stop this february. The biggest thing for that is to keep in contact with the cruise line so they know what is happening.

Obviously, it is much better to be able to get on the boat on time, but just in case, there are still some other options.

I was part of a big group sailing this feb, and we were supposed to leave a day or two after that big blizzard hit up north. If something happens and you truly can't get there, this is what several people had to do: meet the boat at its next stop. You miss the first day or two of your cruise, but it is still better than missing all of it. We picked up two groups at our first stop this february. The biggest thing for that is to keep in contact with the cruise line so they know what is happening.

Obviously, it is much better to be able to get on the boat on time, but just in case, there are still some other options.

That definitely seems to be a case-by-case or ship-by-ship basis thing as I seem to remember that when this situation happened a week or so ago, that cruiser was told that she could NOT join the cruise already in progress.

I should have clarified too - the line in Feb was RCI, not Disney. But I would hope Disney would work with you just as much!!

Please keep us updated and let us know how everything turns out! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

That definitely seems to be a case-by-case or ship-by-ship basis thing as I seem to remember that when this situation happened a week or so ago, that cruiser was told that she could NOT join the cruise already in progress.

Yes, it was the specifics of that exact repositioning cruise, where only the last stop was the foreign port. Although I feel like the discussion of not joining the ship was in regards to another cruise, and she actually could have boarded in SF, but it all got a little technical to follow (for me). :)

The Med cruise would all be in foreign ports and it's easier to deal with, from what I understand, in such a situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter