• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bistro de Paris loves "us people"

tampaguys

AUGGGHHHH
I just wanted to do a shout out for this Epcot restaurant. In case you haven't been there, Bistro de Paris is a small restaurant located upstairs from Les Chefs de France. It is an elegant dining space, admittedly pricey but very worth the money, particularly if you have a special occasion and enjoy French cuisine.

My partner and I had New Years Eve dinner there. The food was amazing (5 courses with wine pairings) and the service was fantastic. But the meal was bookended with two things that really impressed me...

We were seated next to and at the same time as a very nice straight couple about our age. At the beginning of the meal, the waiter brought Mr. and Mrs. McStraighty complementary glasses of champagne..."a special treat for our romantic couples this evening". A minute later, he appeared at our table with the same thing..."and we mean all our couples, yes?". Huge grin from my boyfriend who had begun to sulk, thinking we would be left out.

At the end of the meal, each couple got a little gift bag which included a red new years hat for him, a red and white new years tiara for her, noisemakers, and a little satchel of unbelievable French chocolates. When they brought ours, they had swapped out the tiara for a second hat so that we would each have one. Hooray.

Needless to say, we tipped large that night. :)

Wow. That is really nice to know. I've often thought of going "up there" but was never sure we would be comfortable. Your report makes me think we should give it a try!

The NYE menu sounds lovely. I like everything listed, so would have no problem in choosing. I like your idea of each getting something different and then sharing. Makes good use of the nice bits, eh?

Thanks for the report!

Happy New Year!

Nice report! Thank you. That's just the sort of thing we like to hear and you inspire me to wonder if it's time for a repeat visit?

The last time we ate there was well over ten years ago and we were with our two very well-behaved children. It was a wonderful meal; we've always enjoyed all the food "Paris" has to offer - the batissierie is to die for!:thumbsup2

One of my most favorite memories of WS, is when my partner and I bought a cheese plate, wine and some other bits at the bakery. We were eating our meal at one of the outdoor tables when it started to rain. We have one of those wicked huge umbrellas so we simply put it up, moved together under the cover of it, and had a grand meal!

we've always enjoyed all the food "Paris" has to offer - the batissierie is to die for!:thumbsup2

<drool>

A night at Epcot is never complete without a stop there to buy two criossants au chocolat and two glasses of vin ordinaire. That's our usual snack as we watch Illuminations.

</drool>

I would have immediately requested a tiara in place of the hat.

But that's just how I roll. :)

Hi everyone!
I've never been to Bistro before but I'm REALLY looking forward to it. My husband picked it out because he's sure the wine list will meet his standards, and I'm just glad to go to some fancy-smancy restaraunt! :cloud9:
Any how, I really want to order a specialty cake for our anniversery and I'd like know what they have to offer. Has anyone else ever had a cake made special for them and delivered to their table at Bistro De Paris? And if so, what was it like?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I know there's a thread somewhere on these boards for the cake order hotline. I've had a few different Disney cakes, and they do a great job! One year for my b-day, we went to Artist Pointe and my DP had a cake made for me. It was chocolate, with chocolate pudding filling and dark chocolate frosting. I ended up eating the whole 6" cake the next day since I was home alone LOL

We had our 10th Anniversary Dinner at Bistro. Our waiter was very nice. He brought out a complimentary chocolate mouse cake with a candle, and two spoons ;-) The food was excellent, the atmosphere was ellegant but the best part was ordering the escargot and watching the DP's facial expressions while I ate it. Priceless!

We had our 10th Anniversary Dinner at Bistro. Our waiter was very nice. He brought out a complimentary chocolate mouse cake with a candle, and two spoons ;-) The food was excellent, the atmosphere was ellegant but the best part was ordering the escargot and watching the DP's facial expressions while I ate it. Priceless!

I guess the snails didn't bother her TOO much if she was able to help you with the desert. :lmao:
The chocolate mouse cake does sound good, but I'm hoping to get something personalized. Just spoiled I guess.princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter