birthdays

mcplbooks

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about going to Disney on my daughters birthday.
Is there any place to buy a small cake on properity. Or do any the the the resorts do anything special for birthdays?

Thanks for the help.

If you're eating at any of the sit-down restaurants you can get a birthday cake for a fee (just call in advance to make them aware) and you can get a free birthday button at any of the guest relation areas at any of the parks. The CM's will say happy birthday to the birthday person and sometimes you get a birthday call from a character, but not always.
:earsgirl:

chef mickey you said is daughter birthday gift placemat,birthday button,and small cake

We stayed at the Poly last year for our birthdays. I received a signed picture of Snow White as well as a palm frond basket with all kinds of goodies. My DS received a bunch of balloons with a cake, noisemakers, certificate, and hats. I hear that this kind of thing is hit or miss. Sometimes the resorts do something, sometimes they don't.

You can order a cake at the parks from Main Street Bakery and another place at the Boardwalk -- I think. However, if you mention it while making your PSs and also during checking in at the restaurant, most places do something. At the Biergarten, my DS received a cake, got sung to in German and also the entire restaurant toasted him. At Chef Mickey's, he received a placemat and a cupcake. At Whispering Canyons, he received a large chocolate cake thing -- for breakfast! The CMs do their best to make birthdays special!

Thanks for all your great suggestions.

It sounds like a lot of fun.

Can't wait to go. We are planning for the first week in June 2004

Hi I just got back for my DD 5th B-day. I cannot tell you how happy she was. She was treated like a ... well... princess. So much pixie dust it made me realize that the magic had been lacking a bit in the last few years. Ok. Birthday cakes are available in all the sit-downs but if you want something other than a cupcake you have to call 48 hours ahead and there will be a charge. Also I noticed in POP century food court there were birthday cakes with Mickey on them in the cooler section. Don't know about other resorts. Definitely get the "Today is my Birthday" button at each park's customer service desks. All day my daughter was told happy birthday and sung to by CMs. At Epcot they let us ride a 2nd time and gave us the picture for free just because they saw her button. And made an announcement on the loudspeaker and EVERYONE in line wished hr happy birthday. Basically tell everyone. CMs, ride operators and have them put it on your ressies that it is a birthday. We came back from MK 1st night and I had left some little presents from Mickey, princesses, tink etc for her to find. Housekeeping had put a bouquet of balloons and a personalized autographed picture of Mickey and Minnie for her as well. She was in heaven the whole trip. At Epcot we ate at the pub in England and they were wonderful for her as well. The highlight was dinner with Cindy at 1900 park fair. They gave her a tiara, cupcake and placemat. Amazing. I was in tears the whole time seeing my princess so happy. Of course now I am worried she will expect that every time we go but that is life. Kids should get to be princes and princesses at least for a while at Disney. Real world and all that can come later. Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter