• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthdays at DLRP

I read this thread because I am going to be celebrating my 50th at DLP in June... I was planning on staying at the Santa Fe... but... it doesn't have air conditioning? Will this be bad in June?

If you are used to ac I would really suggest booking an hotel that has it.

Temperatures in June last year were between 12.3°C and 22.9°C so 54.14°F and 73.22°F

The changes must have been last year when I was away as all the new menus that I photo'ed in Novembre and Decembre 2014 show the "cake" being a Vacherin at 27€

It should be a lighter version than the old cake as it's meringue and ice cream. They are very populaire here.

Apparently back in 2010 the birthday cakes were like this :confused3

Did you get a photo of the cake?

Did you get a photo of the cake?

I've never eaten a "b'day" cake at Dlp so it's not my photo but yes after a quick look around I've found you these photos coming from Petitbidon :flower3: on DCP

This is what they got at Bistrot Chez Remy in Oct 14 - whole cake and a piece of

2014-112.jpg

dsc03810.jpg

Gives you an idea - This one is raspberry but I'm reading also that one with chocolate running through it could be available.

Will look around for more photos :rolleyes1

Those who have ordered cakes in the past is there a particular restaurant you would recommend having it in?

this new cake looks great... when we were in October there were still serving the chocolate as little girl shared her with us and other guests at Cafe Mickey...

I've seen people mentionning Vacherin in the following flavours - Vanilla/Raspberry or Vanilla/Chocolate or Vanilla/Strawberry

I wouldn't have a b'day cake in a buffet restaurant as you've already got/had your dessert in the buffet option.

I'd rather have it at a table restaurant with an à la carte menu so Walt's, Blue Lagoon, Bistrot Chez Remy, Silver Spur or The Steakhouse in the Village as at least like that I'd enjoy a bit of bit and just eat a main course.

:)

If you are used to ac I would really suggest booking an hotel that has it.

Temperatures in June last year were between 12.3°C and 22.9°C so 54.14°F and 73.22°F

Oh, those temps aren't bad at all... I can live without A/C for low 70's. I'm used to June getting up in the 80's and I couldn't sleep if it's that hot. Thank you for the information.

My wife had a slice of birthday cake in June when she was eating at Inventions. The family at the next table had ordered one for their child's birthday but it was too large for them so they ask a CM for more plates and they shared it with the Guests at tables around them.

DW said it was very nice cake.

Chuckers we visited DLP from June 8th to 12th last year. The temperatures for the first few days were about 29 degrees C. We were given a room without working A/C and we really struggled, so I would recommend changing to a hotel with A/C if you can.

Chuckers we visited DLP from June 8th to 12th last year. The temperatures for the first few days were about 29 degrees C. We were given a room without working A/C and we really struggled, so I would recommend changing to a hotel with A/C if you can.

Really :upsidedow That's not what the meteo archives comes up with but if you were there...that would explain why August was wet if it was already in the mid high 20's in June.

If that's the case go for the ac but it will be typically then that this year it will tip it down :rolleyes:

Sid74 just out of interest do you have ac at home too as no one I know has it here in France and we manage to sleep ok without even in high summer due to cross ventillation and leaving the shutters closed etc

Carrie_Cat there was a heatwave the weekend we arrived. We were put in a room at the Hotel New York that they knew didn't have working A/C. The windows didn't open much, so the room was very hot and uncomfortable. It actually made my whole family ill, and ruined our trip.
We don't have A/C at home in the UK, as we can open the windows fully and run a fan if we need to.

So which hotels have a/c? I may not change if the price difference is huge.

The birthday cakes were still chocolate when we had one on the 14th November...

Which restaurant as some of the menus didn't change until start of December ?

Looking at all my menu pics even the ones that I haven't put up here as they are only in French they all mention a Vacherin cake.

I think it could be good to have a choice of either but it will have come down to cost like everything else :sad2:

Ok just seen your photos

On the 21st Nov I took this picture of the CM menu - you can see it says Vacherin cake
131_zpsc2d2b59c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter