Birthdays at Disneyland?

Ayep, birthday buttons can be requested. The only thing to ever expect at DLR is lots and lots of Happy Birthdays by CMs, and even guests. :)

Sometimes people will get little extras, but nothing like what I've read about happening at WDW.

Though we did eat at Blue Bayou on DS's actual b'day, and he got a big bowl of ice cream at no charge. :goodvibes

if he wears it he would probley get free deserts. my son did at goofys and ive heard at bb ppl have and stuff to.

You might get free desserts but don't count on it. We were there last month, it was DD12's b-day (I need to update my siggie!) and she wore her button all 4 days we were there. She got lots of b-day wishes and she gave them too but not so many free desserts. Most of those she got when we ate offsite, at Mimi's they gave her a chocolate cake and at Bubba Gump she got something too, cake with ice cream iirc. Nothing at RFC but she did get something at the Jazz Kitchen, they brought her ice cream covered w/powdered sugar. LOL She loved it!

I hear you may get a whole bag of tortillas, rather than just one, at that tortilla making exhibit (which BTW is the most awesome-est attratcion in all of DLR :rolleyes: )

You definitely get a bag of tortillas. And if you eat at a sitdown they will generally give you a free dessert. We have celebrated four birthday's at Disneyland through the years and we have always gotten a free dessert and some special well wishes.

They do have a party at the Plaza Inn where guests get to decorate their own little birthday cakes. They have this funny guy named Pat E. Cake who runs the party and Mickey and Minnie usually come for a brief visit at the end. Its not free but its pretty fun. Its gotten more expensive though which is too bad.

When you have your birthday at Pat E. Cake and Mickey and Minnie visit at the end, do you get an opportunity for pictures? Planning my DS's 7th and that could be critical! :)

They do let you take a picture and they have a photopass guy there as well. But no autographs are allowed.

I do have to add, I haven't done this in almost two years. So maybe someone who has been there more recently can clarify. As far as I know, its still the same setup but things do change!

pic yes autograph i dont remeber but tis gottin more excpincve last year was cheap this year to much we wont go but were getting big cake from goofys kitchen for ds

When you get your button, the CM will sometimes have Goofy give you a special birthday greeting over the phone.

Wear the pin and enjoy your birthday without abandon! The positivity you exude will bring so much birthday good vibes from CMs and other guests, it will be a great day! If you get some freebee during a meal just take it as a surprise, if you expect it you won't enjoy it was much and if you don't happen to get anything you won't be disappointed.

Go on the Columbia sailing ship and tell the captain you want to fire the cannon!

I wanted to add to the Blue Bayou thing. When I made the PS I told the CM that it was his actual birthday (we canceled the Princess b'fast, which he had wanted to do but then lost interest in, b/c he got SO into pirates as the trip approached) and she noted it.

When we sat down at our table, there was a slip of paper on the table with our PS info, my name, and something like "4th birthday free dessert" on it.

That's all DS wanted (he was scared by their mac and cheese last Sept, and there's nothing else that he will eat there as we're veggie and he doesn't like mushrooms) so hubby and I shared the portobello dish while DS ate the free ice cream the CM offered him for his birthday.

There was a server change in the middle of our meal, and they were going to charge us, and I almost let it go, but it was something the PS CM said we would get, and it was written right on the slip of paper, so I asked, and they apologized and took the charge off.

Adding: other than that free dessert at that one meal, we expected NOTHING but well wishes, and we got those in abundance.

Oh, and yes, the pack of free tortillas. :) But nothing else.

We were just there for three days celebrating DD's 3rd birhday. We went to City Hall right away to get her birthday button. We found out later in the day that DCA was giving out stickers instead of buttons and the last day of our trip Disneyland ran out of button and was giving stickers so I am glad we got hers when we did. She got lots of "Happy Birthday, Princess!" greetings which she loved. She became very good at replying "thank you!" :) She got a candle stuck in her ice cream at Ariel's Grotto (we didn't buy the birthday bucket so she just got the standard dessert) and they sang happy birthday to her. But at Storyteller's she got an amazing chocolate mousse with a white and dark chocolate mickey face on it and surrounded by candy confetti. I was impressed. They also sang to her.

Anyone know about the Birthday Package?
or the thread that talked about this?
I can't seem to find it :guilty:

TIA!

Just kidding I found it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter