Birthdays and the resorts...

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
I arrive at POP on Jan 12, with my 31 y/o dd for her first trop to WDW. Dh arrives at YC, for a conference on Jan 13 (he will have 14 y/o dd with him). But, Jan 12 is my dh's 50th birthday...so what do I do? Yep, head to WDW. So...14 y/o dd was going to bake him a cake and such. But, now that they will be in WDW the day after his big birthday, I thought that perhaps I might do something special for him at YC. I've been to the Disney Florist site but see nothing about balloons being an option. I though I might get a cake and deliver it myself since 14 y/o dd will have a room key. But I did want to do some balloons. What's the best way to get some birthday balloons to a room, after checkin? I certainly don't mind paying for them...just want to find someway to get them.

you can call the cake hotline & have something delivered to his room or even call the YC directly

as for Disney Florist.....you can request balloons, etc for an extra charge...ive done that a few times!!

I think you can have an autographed pic of mickey & minnie with balloons for his bday too...i got one for our anniversary...see
Picture297.jpg

I arrive at POP on Jan 12, with my 31 y/o dd for her first trop to WDW. Dh arrives at YC, for a conference on Jan 13 (he will have 14 y/o dd with him). But, Jan 12 is my dh's 50th birthday...so what do I do? Yep, head to WDW. So...14 y/o dd was going to bake him a cake and such. But, now that they will be in WDW the day after his big birthday, I thought that perhaps I might do something special for him at YC. I've been to the Disney Florist site but see nothing about balloons being an option. I though I might get a cake and deliver it myself since 14 y/o dd will have a room key. But I did want to do some balloons. What's the best way to get some birthday balloons to a room, after checkin? I certainly don't mind paying for them...just want to find someway to get them.

Not sure this will help but when we checked in at the Pop Century this past December I asked for a birthday button for my daughter who was turning 18 the next day. They asked for all her info and on her birthday there was a card from Mickey with several balloons attached to it waiting in her room at the end of the day. She actually received a second one from Pooh and all his friends the next day also.

Not sure this will help but when we checked in at the Pop Century this past December I asked for a birthday button for my daughter who was turning 18 the next day. They asked for all her info and on her birthday there was a card from Mickey with several balloons attached to it waiting in her room at the end of the day. She actually received a second one from Pooh and all his friends the next day also.
Wow, that's so cool. I've been to WDW with my dd twice for her birthday. Actually was there on her birthday twice....never got more than a few happy birthdays while she wore her button. Never did the resort do anything out of the ordinary. And it has always been noted on our reservation. A CM actually mentioned seeing that someone was having a birthday while at WDW, so I figured for sure there would be a card or something...nope, nothing.
That's one reason I hesitate to just call the YC and ask. I want to be sure his birthday gets celebrated. So, I'm willing to pay for the 'extra's'. I'm so happy to see that your dd got that extra magic on her birthday though!!

The Birthday button is SO worth it and heck.. it's free... no harm in him wearing it!

We've restarted the tradition of going to Disney on my Birthday (9/11) and last year had an absolute blast. I wore my button on the 9th, 10th, and 11th.. yes I admitt I cheated. Anywhere I went... I got a Happy Birthday from CMs, guests, ride attendants, etc. There were extra details everywhere, especially during our meal times in which our reservation didn't even state we were there for a birthday. I got confetti and a card at Crystal Palace, Ice Cream sundae at Mama Melrose, and a bithday cup cake at Cape May Cafe. CMs went out of their way to embarass me about it... disney characters pointed it out during photos; it was such a personal/amazing experience. As an adult, you definately loose that "birthday magic"... but at Disney... I was a kid again!

The resort did nothing for us (we didn't expect anything) and during our my actual birthday dinner, in which it stated that we were celebrating, we got nothing, not even the ice cream sundae like the waitress mentioned to my mom when we were seated.

On my birthday, I got back to the room to find that my bf had sent me flowers from disney flourist (amazing) with birthday balloons, similar to what another poster had shown in her picture. They were amazing... but pricey... gotta love men!

We considered doing a cake at several meals, but there was no way we would have the room being on the DDP. I'm considering it this trip though. You can use the cake hotline for sure and I know they do rest. delivery as well as resort.

Don't let past events get in the way! I've learned that with Disney, the best thing to do is never expect a thing. I wanted a button for my scrapbook (got it after we checked in) and it was a suttle way to show of my special day. I wasn't expecting desserts or any special treatment... but guess I just got lucky. Even had just one of those things happened... I would have been thrilled, and no matter what, I was in Disney for my Birthday... ya just can't be that! I think your right on the money, don't "wait" for Disney, make sure you take the steps to ensure a great birthday! Anything in addition, is that much more special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter