Birthday's and special events...

two*little*birds

DIS Veteran
This is our first ever family trip, and although we are traveling from 09/09/2007 - 09/16/2007 my family is celebrating a few special events.

DD will be turning 3 on 08/23
DS will be turning 5 on 08/26
DH and I will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary on 10/01

Is there anything special we can do? Should we maybe order the kids a special Mickey birthday cake (although slighly belated)? Also since these events aren't actually happening during our trip, should we still let our hotel know?

Any suggestions?

I'm planning an event for my friends birthday around the same time. And I was reccommended to this website. That will create for your occasionn.
giftsofalifetime.com
I hope it works.

IMO, as far as Disney is concerned, they want to know if you are *celebrating* something. IMO they don't really care if it's the exact day, they just want you to be happy.

We'll be at DL a month after our anniversary, and we're planning on celebrating it there.

So I see no harm in letting them know the milestones that you will be celebrating!

When you check in, ask for birthday buttons for the kids. I think there are anniversay pins too, but Im not sure. You might as well ask though. You can wear them for the whole trip if you 'd like. This *usually* brings a little extra pixie dust, at least by way of birthday greetings from CMs. If you're going to any character meals, the kids should definitely wear the buttons. At Chef Mickeys, birthday kids get placemats and cupcakes. If you're planning any special dinner for your anniversary, let the CM know when you make reservations. There's usually some sort of dessert that can be arranged at the nicer restaurants. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter