• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday???

The waltons

Earning My Ears
Hi, our wee man has his seventh birthday while were at ASM.
As a first timer, can anyone tell me if there is anything special I can ask for to surprise him? cheers:wave:

Hi Tommy,

Make sure you go to City Hall at MK and ask for a Birthday Badge - CM's and most other people will make a fuss.

Ask for the "Goofy" birthday message on the phone.

Also - if you have a PS - make sure the resturant is aware.

Let the people at your resort know.

My DH had his 25th bday while we were at a Disney resort, and when we got back to our room that night, there was a cake, balloons, confetti, and a autographed picture from Mickey and Minnie. He got a HUGE kick out of it.

Thanks Bonzo and jenblaze, were going to be a bit lost till we find our bearings but we will get there.
p.s bonzo, what did you mean by ps at the resturant?:wave:

If you want to surprise your child arrange and pay for it yourself. Some will post and mention they were surprised at their resort but don't count on it. It will happen once in a while but if you don't want to be dissapointed take care of it yourself.

PS- priority setting at a restaurant. You can arrange for certain times at WDW restaurants.

All the parks have a birthday button. Be sure to ask for one at guest relations at each park.

You may also get a magical moment on a ride. They give you a certificate.

I also got the Goofy phone call.

They sang Happy Birthday to me at Prime Time Cafe.

Welcome to the Dis! Have him tell everyone he sees that it is his birthday. If he tells as you get in lines, sometimes special things happen and you can avoid the line, or something happens when you get off the ride!! My 4yo had a blast there 2 weeks ago!!

Happy travels!!:wizard:

Does anyone know if you can get the goofy call in the evening or is it just the wake up call in the am? The night we arrive, is my son and hubby's birthday.

Also, please explain about a magical moment ride (is that what it's called?).

Thanks, carolyn

Magical moment certificates can be given by Cast members. They do something special for you and you get a certificate to keep. It can happen anywhere. It's not something you ask for, it's just something that happens. I got to ride Journey into your Imagination by myself with my family. Not other cars were loaded. I got my Goofy call at the same ride. The CM asked if I had gotten my Goofy call yet. You could also ask for them to do this for you. It is a special extension on the phone.

Thanks! I guess they knew it was your birthday when they saw they saw the button. I will make sure we get a birthday button for both of them. Thanks again.

As you can see, I will be celebrating my birthday the Disney way this year too. I will be 33. My husband will be deployed during that time, so I have no problem doing things for myself. My daughter's birthday is later the same month, so I am going to make sure we do something special just for her too. Don't want her to feel left out. We will be meeting my parents there, but don't know if they would think to ask. A celebration is a celebration!!! With hubby gone, it will be exactly what I need.

Hello Waltons! I just wanted to step up and say Welcome to the DIS -It's a very helpful website. I also wanted to share the fact that we are Waltons too. We live in South Dakota. I hope that your family has a very safe and magical trip to Disney. It's a wonderful place to visit. When we visit in July we will be celebrating our daughters 3rd birthday. I can't imagine a better place to celebrate a birthday. ::MinnieMo

I just also wanted to say that in my experience, the resort I stay at, the Polynesian has always asked me ahead of time if there is a special occasion that I will be celebrating while at Disney. So, please don't be bashful, let them know. Obviously, Disney wants to know and that is another reason the place is so special.

For my DHs 40th, we had PSs at Rose and Crown and were lucky to get a great table to watch Illuminations and also got a birthday cake (big enough to share with the next table!). I also sent a cookie bouquet from Cookies By Design (they have Disney character choices) that was delivered to the hotel when we got there.

We did the Family Tour of MK on his actual birthday and we got a lot of attention, especially with his birthday button from City Hall. I recommend the tour for your son, our DDs loved it.

My DD had her B-Day back on Jan 30 and we got a button at each park. MK and MGM were the same button, but AK was different and the EPCOT one had "happy Birthday" in all the different languages that are in the world showcase. And each country we visited the CM's oooh'd and ahhh'd over her and pointed out which langauge was theirs.

Hi again, just a wee note to thank all you nice people who replied to me.
Maybe see some of you soon.
Cheers. p.s. 125 hrs till we fly, and they have just issued a severe weather warning for Scotland, snow, 70mph winds and freezing.

we celabrated my sons 10th b-day in the world . he got the goofy phone call the cms where wonderful just about everyone he encounted with a laynard gave him a free pin off of thiers. in epcot durning the opeaning they pulled him over the rope and eveyone in the crowd and the cms sang happy birthday to him. and he got a ticket to ride misson space anytime during the day no waiting. also at ak a cm pulled him aside and he got a certificate for being a jr birdkeeper every where we went he got someting magical he still talks about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter