Birthday while on cruise...

Kathyeba76

Earning My Ears
We will be sailing on our daughter's birthday. She turns 8 on the day we sail. Do they do anything special for kids if it is their birthday? A friend of mine mentioned something about a tiara and tiny glass slipper being brought to table during dinner? I am either ordering a cupcake to be brought out or a birthday cake as it will be 8 of us on the trip.

Hi,

Back in 2008, my family and I celebrated my 14th birthday on the Wonder. We had a great time. My parents bought the in-stateroom decorations for a birthday and the decorations were already in the room when we entered our cabin for the first time. As stated before in another post you can order a cake to be brought out your dinner table the night of your child's birthday! I am sorry I do not know the exact number that you would need to call to order the cake. It was fun and spending my birthday on DCL was a memory I will always remember! Have fun!

We were on board in June for my recent birthday, which I didn't want a fuss made over but with your info. out there on your redo, that's not the case. I received the traditional serenade of Happy Birthday in the dining room and our server brought out a nice chocolate mouse or lava cake that said Happy Birthday. Looking back it was fun and a memory. I'm sure with kiddos, the fuss is worth it. Call ahead and see what can be done!

Here's a picture of the special birthday dessert they bring out. My daughter also got a birthday button, which she wore the whole day. Be sure to note the birthday on your reservation. The CMs all wished her a happy birthday wherever she went.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 40
stop at guest services and ask for the birthday button. also, be sure to let your room steward know about the birthday and there will probably be a b-day cake towel arrangement on that day.

We purchased the decorations at the dollar store and our room Steward put the decorations up. We made sure to tip him extra. We printed special birthday door magnets too. They at one time used to give you a big cake for free but have downsized it. It's just fine though. You are so stuffed anyway. There is a glass slipper available for purchase for engagements on the DCL website. They will also sing Happy Birthday to you when you enter the ship:

The Princesses will also acknowledge birthdays. My daughter was talking about her favorite kind of cake here.

We purchased the decorations at the dollar store and our room Steward put the decorations up. We made sure to tip him extra. We printed special birthday door magnets too. They at one time used to give you a big cake for free but have downsized it. It's just fine though. You are so stuffed anyway. There is a glass slipper available for purchase for engagements on the DCL website. They will also sing Happy Birthday to you when you enter the ship:

The Princesses will also acknowledge birthdays. My daughter was talking about her favorite kind of cake here.

That is too cute!

Plan ahead to decorate your stateroom door (I'm going to assume she is staying with you in the same room) the night before her bday. Make sure she's the only opening the door in the morning.

Plan ahead to decorate your stateroom door (I'm going to assume she is staying with you in the same room) the night before her bday. Make sure she's the only opening the door in the morning.

We actually sail on her birthday so I would have to either get to the room before her or have someone else do it.

We actually sail on her birthday so I would have to either get to the room before her or have someone else do it.
You embark on her bday? No problem! Just find some time after you get to the room to decorate. I'm sure she doesn't care when her door is decorated, just that it IS decorated. My suggestion is get everything packed in your carry-on, not checked luggage. Maybe you can take her to the Kids Club for a little bit before sail away. It shouldn't take too long to put the magnet decorations on the door.

Hi,

Back in 2008, my family and I celebrated my 14th birthday on the Wonder. We had a great time. My parents bought the in-stateroom decorations for a birthday and the decorations were already in the room when we entered our cabin for the first time. As stated before in another post you can order a cake to be brought out your dinner table the night of your child's birthday! I am sorry I do not know the exact number that you would need to call to order the cake. It was fun and spending my birthday on DCL was a memory I will always remember! Have fun!

You can order all of that fun stuff on one form: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/

We will be sailing on our daughter's birthday. She turns 8 on the day we sail. Do they do anything special for kids if it is their birthday? A friend of mine mentioned something about a tiara and tiny glass slipper being brought to table during dinner? I am either ordering a cupcake to be brought out or a birthday cake as it will be 8 of us on the trip.

Same here OP! My daughter will be turning 8, her golden birthday, when we embark on 8/8/16. I am so excited! It will be our first cruise and we aren't telling her until we arrive to port! I feel like everything and anything will then be all the more magical, but I will definitely pick up the button and decorate our door.

Same here OP! My daughter will be turning 8, her golden birthday, when we embark on 8/8/16. I am so excited! It will be our first cruise and we aren't telling her until we arrive to port! I feel like everything and anything will then be all the more magical, but I will definitely pick up the button and decorate our door.

When my family celebrated my 18th birthday/ high school graduation on the Wonder in 2012, my mom made a DIY door decoration saying what we were celebrating with magnets on the back of the sign. What are you planning to decorate your door with? No matter what you do have fun!

I've been looking at some etsy stores for personalized magnets, but haven't bought anything yet since I have nearly a year before our cruise.

In addition to the birthday dessert pictured above, they also folded a napkin into a Minnie bow and placed it on my head :)

I've been looking at some etsy stores for personalized magnets, but haven't bought anything yet since I have nearly a year before our cruise.
There is a thread here on the Dis that makes the designs you for free. You need to buy magnet paper from Office Max and print them out on your home printer. Cheaper than buying them off Etsy. Also do the FE exchange. It's so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter