Birthday surprise Jaleo or Trattoria

aviva5675

DIS Veteran
Going June 21/22 for Hubbys bday (60). Doing Jaleo dinner and Trattoria breakfast. Would like to suprise him with some treat at one or the other. He wouldnt like a big deal coming up to the table everyone kind of thing. Does either do anything or any suggestions? Thanks!

Going June 21/22 for Hubbys bday (60). Doing Jaleo dinner and Trattoria breakfast. Would like to suprise him with some treat at one or the other. He wouldnt like a big deal coming up to the table everyone kind of thing. Does either do anything or any suggestions? Thanks!

Disney does do special pre-order cakes, but this would not be available at either restaurant that you are dining at.

You can mention the birthday when you check-in and may get a little treat.

Jaleo has great dessert choices and can probably bring out a special one for him.

We dined at Jaleo Friday and this has to be one of the worst restaurants at Disney. While service was good, food was subpar. I ordered a glass of Tempranillo which was served chilled. Undrinkable. We ordered the tomato brushed bread, which did not appear to have fresh tomatoes. The cheese board was good. After all what can go wrong with cheese. We love gazpacho so we both ordered a bowl. The menu states with beets. I like beets, but this was borscht, not gazpacho. My husband ordered paella. I ordered nothing more. I took a few bites of his meal and it was another terrible dish. The atmosphere is loud to the point that it was difficult to hear the server. This was definitely a one and done for us.

We dined at Jaleo Friday and this has to be one of the worst restaurants at Disney. While service was good, food was subpar. I ordered a glass of Tempranillo which was served chilled. Undrinkable. We ordered the tomato brushed bread, which did not appear to have fresh tomatoes. The cheese board was good. After all what can go wrong with cheese. We love gazpacho so we both ordered a bowl. The menu states with beets. I like beets, but this was borscht, not gazpacho. My husband ordered paella. I ordered nothing more. I took a few bites of his meal and it was another terrible dish. The atmosphere is loud to the point that it was difficult to hear the server. This was definitely a one and done for us.

I've also heard the paella isn't great. I love Jaleo, but I also ordered completely different. The chimichurri steak and black garlic chicken were my favorites.

Wow, I could not disagree more about Jaleo. We had the shrimp and paella and both were amazing.

I’m sorry @Pipkin had a bad experience there but fortunately our visits have been nothing but good.
I have never had dark red paella or beet colored gazpacho.

Attachments

• FB144A67-0DC4-4E7C-9E9C-F9BE86916324.jpeg
    FB144A67-0DC4-4E7C-9E9C-F9BE86916324.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2B5D9F8D-0EA8-48F0-90F6-B7E78F378B7A.jpeg
    2B5D9F8D-0EA8-48F0-90F6-B7E78F378B7A.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter