• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday Stateroom Celebration???

meandmad

Mouseketeer
We're cruising next January, just before my DD's 8th birthday. Any opinions on the birthday stateroom celebration?? I wish they offered a Princess theme instead of just Mickey. :wave2:

Maybe you could do your own? Just pack some things so she doesn't see them. I think Feralpeg is doing her baskets again, maybe she delivers to the port? Our last cruise one of the DISers we met online mentioned it was her DDs birthday and a few of us brought some little presents. They also added Happy Birthday to her magnetic door sign. The will do a birthday cake at your table at dinner, serves 1-2, and sing. A few ideas anyway...HTH! princess:

I would contact Shirley at The perfect gift. She made two absolutely wonderful baskets for my daughters, who were celebrating their 7th birthday on the cruise. I would recommend her VERY HIGHLY

They are door signs ou design and either print on the printable magnet sheets or attach to magnet sheets and place on your stateroom door. The stateroom doors are metal. I did one the said surprise birthday cruise with characters and our names and dates.

LisaTex said:
What exactly are these magnetic door signs I've read about? :confused3
You can do a search to help explain but basically they're a sign printed on magnetic paper that you can put whatever you want on, then put it on your stateroom door (and later your fridge as a souvenier). The hallways are long on the ship so it can help you find your room. Also, it can be a conversation starter. We had our Dis name and hometown listed on ours in Disney font along with some pictures, so did our Dis cruisemates. I also saw two other families nearby with theirs. It's fun. :boat:

My friend had them do the birthday decorating for our stateroom for her daughter...basically it was a happy birthday sign hung on the wall...this one decoration hung from the ceiling and a small cake..that was it. I would just contact shirley and have her send a nice basket!

I made this door sign for a DISer who went on the same cruise I was on.
f73df4f2.jpg

And this one for another DISer on a different cruise.
f7580110.jpg

meandmad said:
We're cruising next January, just before my DD's 8th birthday. Any opinions on the birthday stateroom celebration?? I wish they offered a Princess theme instead of just Mickey. :wave2:

DH had our stateroom decorated for my 30th birthday this past February. Here's a link to the pics...
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/44/33/45205060-7403-02000180-.jpg
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/9D/47/45205661-ab18-00800060-.jpg
http://a8.cpimg.com/image/04/6B/45206788-1873-00800060-.jpg

Sorry -- the last 2 pics are small and I can't find a way to send a link to them w/o sending you the entire album (and I'm sure no one wants to see EVERY picture I took!) I thought it was great - plus, I took the decorations home and used them for DD11's birthday last week!

Stacy

I buy the Avery brand at Walmart. It's near the photo paper and is $7.87

byrdsnest said:
Where do you find the magnetic paper?

I got mine from Staples but any office store would have it and possibly Wal-Mart too. You print it right on your computer printer.

When we went on our cruise back in January, the day that we embarked was also my DH's b-day. So to surprise him, I order the Birthday stateroom celebration. I also made a sign for the door for him. He was really surprised, so I was glad. I don't have a picture here at work that I can post of the sign, but I basically used some Mickey paper that I picked up at Office Depot and it read, "It's Mike's Birthday and we're celebrating with Disney." The paper that I used fit well because it looked like something that you would use for a celebration...(confetti, balloons, etc.) I just glued the paper to the magnetic paper and it worked well.
As for the stateroom celebration, I thought it was worth the $30. There was a banner that read "Happy Birthday" that they hung and then a little centerpiece that they set on the table along with his cake, and then they had another little thing that they hung from the ceiling. Plus, one good thing about all this is that it's all there when you arrive, so you don't have to worry about trying to sneak to get it done! I do have some pictures of the decorations, cake and the door sign, so if you still want to see them, just PM me your e-mail.

Thanks for these ideas. I have a niece and a nephew that will be celebrating birthdays while we are cruising. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter