Birthday priviledges?

IheartMickey

I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!
Hi everyone! I'm going to be in WDW on my 21st birthday, I've never gone anywhere for a birthday before so this is really awesome in my book. :blush: But I was just wondering if there's any birthday "priviledges" aside from the Birthday button.

And they don't sell like "birthday girl" hats or anything do they?

You can get a custom painted Mickey Ears hat, but I think you have to call ahead and order it and I'm not too sure how much it costs. Other things in the parks are just random. You never know what kind of a birthday suprise you might end up with.

We're going to be at Mickey's World during the week of my daughter's 8th birthday. My understanding is that CM's *may* do special things for birthday celebrants, so you have to make them aware that it *is* your birthday. I think they may bring the birthday celebrant a cupcake with a candle, when eating at a Disney TS restaurant, and you might find some extra stuff in your Disney resort room when you return. Key, I gather, is to let everyone from the resort desk to the guy/girl at the restaurant podium know that it is your special day. I have noted that with the reservation folks when I made lodging and meal reservations, and will "remind" them when we get there. I think that the odds are good that if you have an "It's My Birthday" button (available at Guest Services) on, you might get some preferential treatment at times, and for sure some extra recognition.

Anyway, that's what we hear.

Good luck, and happy 21st. (I can *almost* remember being 21..sigh...)

~YEKCIM

i was there last year on my birthday. in epcot i was buying my daughter an ice cream from a cart and the cm noticed my button. she gave me a free ice cream. most of the other places just wished me a happy birthday. it could also be that i am an adult. being it's your 21st they might make a bigger deal.

I was there during my 21st b-day too. I got the buttons at each park (they are different) and wore them with the rest of my pins. When CMs noticed I got birthday greetings all the time and I also got a free desert at 2 resturants, a birthday certificate at one and priority seating at a show. You never know what will happen!
Minnesota

Fun, I am going for my birthday also. But I am old so it really doesn't count. I plan to give my pin to my son instead so he gets the attention. :Pinkbounc

I was there in March on my birthday and got a birthday button in Epcot. I got a lot of happy birthday wishes from CM's throughout the day. We went to Le Cellier for dinner and they brought me a free desert (it was a chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce....so good!) and they wrote Happy Birthday on the plate in chocolate sauce. They also gave me a card signed by the wait staff. Some CM's go out of their way though to do fun things. When we were walking into The Land to go on Soarin', one of the CM's told me to follow because he had a birthday surprise for me. He went over to a phone, dialed a number and handed it to me. Goofy was on the other end singing Happy Birthday :rotfl2:
It's the little things like that that keep me going back to WDW. It doesn't matter how old you are, they do everything they can to make you still feel like a kid at heart :cloud9:

I was at WDW for my birthday in 2003, and the family had snuck out the day before and bought me the HUGE Mickey birthday hat that lights up and says Happy Birthday. :teeth: They made wear it all day!! :crazy:
It got a lot of attention from CM's. I also got the Goofy phone call 2x's during the day. Once at the front desk and once at World of Disney store.
And I received a birthday card from Ariel too!! Very cute!! :goodvibes

I hope that everyone who is celebrating a birthday at WDW soon will have an awesome day!!! :cool1:

Oooh, I'm so excited by all the info! And what big Mickey light up hat?! :Pinkbounc

We were at WDW for my niece's 4th birthday, my sister took her into town hall to get her birthday button and the CMs gave her the button and asked what her favorite ride was. She was being shy, so my sister told them it was Dumbo. They gave her a pass that the entire family could use all day long to get on Dumbo without waiting on line. That was the best present!!

Celebrating your birthday at WDW is awesome! In March 2004 I celebrated my birthday there. On my actual birthdate, I did get a birthday button at MGM. While there, we (my DH, DB, DSIL and me), got special seating at the Indiana Jones show (2 rows away) and got recognized at Star Tours and got a bday card from all the CMs from that ride. We celebrated dinner at the Crystal Palace and I got a cupcake with a candle. They also decorated the table in confetti and I got a card signed by Pooh and friends (who are my favorite). Also, anytime the characters see the bday buttons they acknowledge it.

Hope you enjoy and have a great bday there!!

When we were there the week of my husband's birthday we got front row seats at the Beauty and the Beast show and he was serenaded by Four for a Dollar. We got some great pictures and a special moments certificate. My kids loved it!

I'm hoping for something special in December for my daughter who will turn 15.

Sher

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter