Birthday present idea for 8 year old girl

Swimalie

DIS Veteran
Help! My son was invited to a birthday party next Tues for a friend's sister who will be turning 8. But, I had ankle surgery last Friday and can't go out yet which means I will have to send my husband to a store to buy a present for this girl. I usually go and browse until I find the "right" gift. I have very little ideas this time (my son is 5 so 8 years is beyond me yet alone a girl :goodvibes) I would love some ideas. I asked her mom and she said "Anything. She likes Barbies some days, Zhu Zhu other days." This girl has almost anything! She and her brother have a full play room of toys so there are few things that she doesn't have. Budget is around $20-25 and our closest store is Target. Toys R Us is about 20 min away.

Please help. Thank you.

I would go with a gift card...Target, Justice etc. My dd just turned 8 and loved getting gift cards as she could go shopping and pick what she likes.

My niece just turned 9 and asked for a password journal. Since she lives in Seattle, and I'm in Boston, I ordered from toysrus.com; I think they had it at Target for a little cheaper, but it was about $22-$25. It was also on the justice website.

My dd will be turning 8 in 2 weeks and she's asking for a pillow pet. You can get the big ones for $20 or the smaller ones for $10.

I would get a board game. I think that would be easiest for your DH to find. American Girl 300 Wishes, Apples to Apples Jr., the Cranium Games, Blokus, Stare Jr., etc. I have seen all of these at our Target.

Thanks all. I like the pillow pet idea. My husband works near a huge mall and can go during lunch (he goes back to work tomorrow - I'll be on my own Ack!). I love the board game idea, too. Then he could play with his brother and parents, too. Keep em coming. These are great.

What about craft things? My DD (who is 7 and a half) LOVES anything crafty: construction paper, tape, ribbon, scissors, pens, clipboards, etc. She can play for a long time with these basic things. Or, other craft things like a bead kit, scrapbook kit, bracelet kit - like those Klutz brand activity books. Klutz makes a very fun Nail Art book, too.

I was just on vacation with my 8yo neice. We LOVED playing the Disney Apples to Apples...it was great because everyone from 4-70 could play!!!!!! Craft things are also very big with my niece. Last year for Christmas I gave her lots of new markers, a big drawing tablet, colored pencils...etc - she LOVED it!!!!

I have two DDs, 11 and 7, and I second the password journal and pillow pet! Also, my 7 year old loves anything Littlest Pet Shop and Webkinz. And gift cards would be awesome, especially to Target and Justice.

Micheal's has some American Girl craft sets...but if you have to send DH, I know my husband prefers to have a specific item....so I'd go with the American Girl 300 Wishes or a pillow pet.

My DD7 wanted a pillow pet. I picked one up for her for $20 at walgreens.

Do they have the original pillow pet or the generic one? My kids want one but they picked out ones from the website.

Japanese erasers are a huge deal for my 8 year old.. she collects them. She also likes the silly band bracelets. The best gift is a gift card though.

For kids who have a lot of stuff already we tend to do gift cards for activities. A gift card for the local movie theatre, mini golf place, jewelry making store, etc.

My DD is turning 8 next week and she is asking for polly pockets and clixos. She also loves craft supplies or gift cards. HTH

Thanks all. Great ideas. I love the craft ideas, too. The Klutz books are popular in our house, too and I hadn't even thought about them here. I'm feeling well enough today that maybe by Sunday my husband can drive me to a store so I can pick something out for her. Then the big test, me driving, with my son, to the party on Tues.

As a mom of an eight year old I would hate if my daughter got a pillow pet. She would use it for about a month and then it would end up being dismissed.

But the craft idea is great. She is always asking for things so she can create. :) Cool markers, papers, things to glue and cut, etc.

She also enjoys to play with legos, webkinz, likes to draw--so we get her how to draw books, she also likes to do cats cradle and other tricks with finger strings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter