Birthday Pin NOT on actual birthday?

bellelab

Mouseketeer
Is this ok to do? DD6 will be turning 7 the week after our trip. One day we are going to surprise her with a new Princess Aurora dress (her fav. :lovestruc) and BBB for hair, makeup, and nails as an early birthday present. Would it be wrong to get her a birthday pin to wear that day too even though it won't actually be her birthday? I tried to search on the forum but didn't come up with much so any insight you can give would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup2

I personally don't think it is a problem....you are there and "celebrating" her birthday even if it is not the actual day. I did the same thing for my DD when we went last year...it is fun for them to have people wish them a happy birthday and maybe get a little birthday cupcake or dessert if you have TS meal that day!!! Go for it!!!! I hope she has an amazing day!!!!

You may unfortunately get negative nellie's jump in and tell you it's dishonest, lying, etc. which I feel is ridiculous. You are there to celebrate your daughter's birthday and Disney encourages guests to wear it the entire trip. It is such a wonderful feeling to have CM's and perfect strangers wish you happy birthday. Go and enjoy and don't let naysayers get you down!

With as much money as you are spending to go to WDW I don't think scheduling conflicts should get in the way of celebrating a birthday. It's not like your money isn't going towards the "perks."

I was debating celebrating our 15th anniversary while we are visiting there in May which our anniversary is a couple of weeks after our trip, but I'm not sure if we will or not.

Just as a FYI, when you book the BBB, you can add the birthday celebration and she'll get a special birthday sash.

... in the past I got my 2 DDs birthday pins - we were visiting 2 weeks after one birthday, and 2 weeks before the next - right smack in the middle of "birthday season". ;) What I had the CMs do was write the date under their name & age on the pin. If you feel guilty that it's not the exact date, that's an option. HOWEVER, I don't think they really care if it's not their actual birth date when they wear the pin - it's just what you're celebrating on your vacation. (Similarily you could get a celebrating pin?)

Just as a FYI, when you book the BBB, you can add the birthday celebration and she'll get a special birthday sash.

... in the past I got my 2 DDs birthday pins - we were visiting 2 weeks after one birthday, and 2 weeks before the next - right smack in the middle of "birthday season". ;) What I had the CMs do was write the date under their name & age on the pin. If you feel guilty that it's not the exact date, that's an option. HOWEVER, I don't think they really care if it's not their actual birth date when they wear the pin - it's just what you're celebrating on your vacation. (Similarily you could get a celebrating pin?)

I had no idea about the birthday sash. Does it cost extra? I do like the idea of having the date on the pin.

I spent my birthday in WDW recently as an aging adult and I wore my button every day of our vacation. I was asked on our first day what we were celebrating and we said my birthday and the CM filled out a button with my name on it but I told him my bd wasnt' until the following Saturday. He said no problem that because I'm at WDW I get a whole week to celebrate my bd.

I had lots of CMs and guests wishing me a happy birthday. I was given several free desserts and I tried to say it wasn't my bd yet but they said it was fine. So after the first 3 days I gave up and enjoyed my birthday week.

I think your DD wearing her button all week is an appropriate thing to do!

Enjoy,
Daisy

Yeah i dont see a problem with it either. I cant imagine its hurting anyone to be wished a happy birthday all week or a day off.

Where do you get these pins? We will be celebrating my DD's 4th birthday while we are there and i would like to get her one of these pins

If you are staying on property, call and tell them you are celebrating a B-day. There will be a couple of small surprises in your room when you arrive, including a special message on the phone.

If you are staying on property, call and tell them you are celebrating a B-day. There will be a couple of small surprises in your room when you arrive, including a special message on the phone.

That is good to know. We just booked the other day. Should we call now to tell them that or tell them before we check in?

I feel weird calling and saying hey its gonna be my daughters birthday while we are there but i suppose they are used to that

... in the past I got my 2 DDs birthday pins - we were visiting 2 weeks after one birthday, and 2 weeks before the next - right smack in the middle of "birthday season". ;)

That's what we're doing! One DD has a birthday 2 weeks before, the other has a birthday 2 weeks after... NO WAY could we be AT Disney on each's ACTUAL birthday, so we're doing our best. ;) They'll both get a birthday button and wear it as often as they'd like. :)

I always celebrate my kids birthdays there. I just tell the front desk that we are only "celebrating" and it is not their calendar birthday. They have never said no to giving us the pins. They each get to wear their pin for one single day of the trip and it has to be a different day for each of them.

all that ever happens is the CMs just say happy birthday to them. No big deal.

We will be a Disney for all three of my kid's birthdays next trip and I plan on letting them wear their buttons the entire week. I don't see anything wrong with it provided you aren't expecting major pixie dust because of it.

So, we will be there one week after mine and dd's bdays (she was born the day after I turned 30). My younger dd has a bday a month before that. Is it still OK to "celebrate" all the bdays so that younger sister isn't left out? The trip is actually a celebration of us being debt free and it just happens to fall right after all 3 bdays. I'm not looking for special perks or pixie dust. I just don't want one dd to feel left out.
Now that I've written this, I feel like I have taken over OP's post. I'm going to leave this here but also do my own post. Thanks!!

What if your "celebrating" your birthday and it's not til oct. Could it be a late or early b'day for yourself. I was suppose to go last oct and due to sudden unemployment had to reschedule to may. Do you thing anyone would really care??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter