• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

birthday pin ( how long is too long when wearing it in park )

Most people take it off pretty quick, it does get exhausting with happy birthdays pretty fast.. It's your bday trip, enjoy the pin however you want... It's not some special pass to get on rides easier or anything, it's just a pin that prompts some people and castmembers to say happy birthday.

Your birthday is only one day, correct?

That's cute, but I've always heard from cast members that you can/should wear the birthday pin for a couple days before or after. I say "should" because I've had cast members "yell" (in the nicest, sweetest way possible) at my brother for not wearing his birthday pin even though his birthday was yesterday or tomorrow.

While not a birthday pin, I ended up wearing my 1st Visit button the 4 days I was at Disney World (which technically worked since each of those 4 days was my first visit to each of the 4 parks). In fact, I ended up making my own 1st Visit button with Zootopia characters just for fun and the Cast Members loved it.

As a Catholic, important celebrations are always octaves (8 days!) so I generally would celebrate a birthday octave anyway! (I used to have a housemate who always did so, and it rubbed off!) At WDW, I wore my birthday badge for maybe three days, as after that I was ready not to have people wish me Happy Birthday all the time!

We arrived on our trip this time on our anniversary, and wore those badge for the first 2/3 days too. As the new badges don't specify anniversary/wedding/etc, we had one CM ask if we were on our honeymoon (awww, thanks but no- 6 years married!) and otherwise they ignored it in a way that didn't happy two years ago when we had the specific anniversary badge.

I wear the pin all week. We go in August and the trip is a culmination of my birthday in June, Anniversary in early July, twins birthday in late July, and DH's birthday in August. Last trip we had birthday, anniversary, and first trip buttons to wear plus I had Guest of Honor badges from the early 2000's that they no longer make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter