Birthday Party Invites...

SLK1

DIS Veteran
My best friend has a daughter who is about 5 months older than my daughter. They have been "friends" since birth. The problem is that my friend's daughter has become a real little brat. Even my other kids notice it. I'm not crazy about my daughter (turning 7) playing with her because she's just not nice. The other problem is that my daughter is having her birthday party in a few weeks and I feel very obligated to invite this child to her party. I know my friend would be very hurt if they were not included, and I would never want to hurt her feelings. I'm not one to force my kids to be friends with my friends' kids, but this just feels like a different scenario. Any advice or suggestions? To invite or not to invite...that is the question!!!

if you want to remain best friends with her, invite the child. if the friendship isnt important, dont.

I agree if you want to maintain a friendship, you need to invite the little girl, if you don't want to continue the friendship, don't.

By inviting her, you aren't forcing a friendship. If you made your DD include her in everything she did and made your DD invite her over to play and not have other friends, then you would be forcing a friendship.

Inviting her to one party for one day is just good manners.

You absolutely have to invite her. How would you feel if it was the other way around? I'm sure your BF doesn't know her daughter is a brat. :-)lmao: )

Are they in the same class at school? If not, then I would have your DD pick the people she wanted to invite out of her class. That way you can say that you only invited people from your DD's class so that she can make new and more friends. I am doing that now. We have friends that have a son two months younger then my DD that we have always been around. However, he is not the best child and so this year we have invited only friends from DD class.

if you want to remain best friends with her, invite the child. if the friendship isnt important, dont.

My thoughts exactly.

If you want to limit your DD's time with this child then start getting together with your friend without children but don't exclude them from the party unless you're ready to move on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter