Birthday ideas for 9 year old?

crazymama

DIS Veteran
Our first day of our big WDW adventure is my DS's b'day! Any cool ideas of what to do to celebrate? It will be a Monday in March. I hoped to go to MK that day but am open to any ideas you have tried/thought of! Thanks!!! :woohoo:

Magic Kingdom during the day, make sure to get him a birthday pin from city hall! then, dinner at chef mickeys in the contemporary. you can order a cake through of of the bakerys and they will bring it to you after your dinner.

We had lunch at the Royal Table and went to the luau at the Poly for my DDs 10th birthday this past March. We had a cake delivered to the luau for her too. She had a great time..

It's a shame that Disney did not have any transporatation to bring attendees back to DTD for buses back to their resort (the Monorail had closed since we attended the late show... I shoulda known). It took us 3+ hours to get back to POR via DTD. I will never do that again without a car or taxi.

Jeff

I agree with DonaldsNo1Fan. Also, If your son needs a haircut get one at the barbershop. It will make the day a little more memorable. We celebrated a few of DS's birthdays at Disney and always have done Chef Mickey's. We ordered the cake and it was a wonderful time. Make sure he comes with you to City Hall to get the birthday button. He just may get a birthday call. Also make sure wherever you are staying that you let them know it will be his birthday when you arrive and then again just mention it at check in. You never know what may happen. Just don't get upset if nothing does.

There is also a site where you can make arrangements to have a character call and wish him a happy birthday with a little more of a personal message than the one you would get while at the parks. If you are interested PM me and I will try and find it. My husband did it for our son and then we ordered one for his best friend on her birthday.

Diane

Great ideas everyone! We are not staying onsite so that may limit some things. I will definitely take him to city hall. I would never have known to do that! If we don't want to leave MK for dinner that night, would LTT be okay? He is a "plain" eater so ham and beef is always welcome! Is Chef Mickey's worth the trip to the Contemporary? I know that Crystal Palace is a CM too but it seems to be more of Winnie The Pooh etc. That wouldn't be as good as Goofy to him... at least I think! Also, since we will not be packing him gifts... I thought we would give him some money to spend extra that day. He loves Lego, Stitch etc. Is there good shopping in the MK or would we need to go to DTD for shopping. Sorry for so many questions. Never been there before! Can't wait!!!!! :Pinkbounc :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter