Birthday dinner for 2 60 year olds

tiggerunner

Mouseketeer
Celebrating 2 birthdays, money no issue. Just a nicer restaurant where I can get a cake for them. I know this is vague, but really open. Thank you so very much.🎂🎉

Great. Then I agree with ENJ. Topolino's Terrace or California Grill.

Boathouse if you plan on being in Disney Springs.

My wife and I are 60 & 61 and we happen to share the same birthday, here are our top three, well really top one and then the rest.

1) Victoria & Alberts (although don't think it has reopened yet). We think it is many levels above any other option.

2) Jiko - We like it here a lot, so much so that we named our cat after it!

3) California Grill - Another fav, so much so that my daughter's wedding reception was at the Napa Room, food from California Grill.

mac_tlc

Celebrating 2 birthdays, money no issue. Just a nicer restaurant where I can get a cake for them. I know this is vague, but really open. Thank you so very much.🎂🎉
I have some experience in this as I celebrated my 60th birthday, some 8 years ago, at the Crystal Palace. It may not be a quiet, sit-down, charming local but let me tell you what happened to me. I had just gotten up to get food as the CM was bringing our drinks. My wife, unknown to me, told the CM that it was my 60th and was there anything special that could be done. For those of you who have eaten at the Crystal Palace, you know about the Character Parade for the kids. Well, the parade ended and suddenly my table was surrounded by all of the characters. A voice boomed over the loudspeaker saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, please help Winnie the pooh and his friends help a young lad celebrate his 60th birthday with a birthday parade in his honor." Pooh grabbed me and off we went around the CP on my own, personal parade. I have never felt so special, so happy, so young. It was one of the greatest events of my life. My wife and I go to WDW every year to "get our youth back" and believe me, this was a true magical moment. Oh, they also presented me a signed card and a cake.

I have some experience in this as I celebrated my 60th birthday, some 8 years ago, at the Crystal Palace. It may not be a quiet, sit-down, charming local but let me tell you what happened to me. I had just gotten up to get food as the CM was bringing our drinks. My wife, unknown to me, told the CM that it was my 60th and was there anything special that could be done. For those of you who have eaten at the Crystal Palace, you know about the Character Parade for the kids. Well, the parade ended and suddenly my table was surrounded by all of the characters. A voice boomed over the loudspeaker saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, please help Winnie the pooh and his friends help a young lad celebrate his 60th birthday with a birthday parade in his honor." Pooh grabbed me and off we went around the CP on my own, personal parade. I have never felt so special, so happy, so young. It was one of the greatest events of my life. My wife and I go to WDW every year to "get our youth back" and believe me, this was a true magical moment. Oh, they also presented me a signed card and a cake.
Sweet

I would choose CG over Topolino's Terrace any day of the week. My apps at TT were delicious , but both entrees were very disappointing. CG, on the other hand, was great from start to finish.
I actually wasn’t thrilled at TT either. It was right after it opened and I was willing to give it another shot. I’m leaning towards CG because my sister will like the menu a bit more. Hoping I can do a cake- have to embarrass them a bit🎂😁

My wife and I are 60 & 61 and we happen to share the same birthday, here are our top three, well really top one and then the rest.

1) Victoria & Alberts (although don't think it has reopened yet). We think it is many levels above any other option.

2) Jiko - We like it here a lot, so much so that we named our cat after it!

3) California Grill - Another fav, so much so that my daughter's wedding reception was at the Napa Room, food from California Grill.

mac_tlc
I agree on all 3. :)

Since you were asking about a cake to go with dinner, have you checked out the Disboards Cake thread? on the first page (or 2) of the thread it lists what's available thru Disney at different restaurants. Most have done customized cakes with images/white chocolate figures. just keep in mind pricing may have gone up over time. Recent posts on that thread have said that Grand Floridian bakery has been delivering all over property instead of just within the MK loop including in the parks which was stopped YEARS ago.
Most restaurant have "podium" cakes available when you check in at the hostess stand which are mickey head shaped vanilla or chocolate cakes. If you plan on dining in Disney Springs, Amorette's Patisserie will deliver any of their cakes for free when you pre-order. They do not customize any cakes. I had a small holiday cake delivered to Morimoto Asia for my mom's December bday & we really enjoyed it.
As many PPs have mentioned, California Grill has great views & food. I haven't been there since 2010, but my bday celebration there was top notch.

I would choose CG over Topolino's Terrace any day of the week. My apps at TT were delicious , but both entrees were very disappointing. CG, on the other hand, was great from start to finish.
I actually wasn’t thrilled at TT either. It was right after it opened and I was willing to give it another shot. I’m leaning towards CG because my sister will like the menu a bit more. Hoping I can do a cake- have to embarrass them a bit🎂😁
I guess I caught TT on a good day because it was our favorite meal of our spring break trip. The gnocchi appetizer was phenomenal, my kids and DH loved their filets, and I had the rigatoni which was also fantastic. I do give CG the slight edge on view/atmosphere, but the food at TT was fantastic for us.

So many great recommendations, already. I'll add my thoughts. I've enjoyed birthday dinners at the following:
1. Cinderella's Royal Table *during the fireworks*. Special bday desserts available. Celebration cake (delicious) available. I'm not sure if you can get a custom cake delivered to CRT. Food is not on par with the signature restaurants at the resorts, but being in Cinderella castle during the fireworks on my bday was great fun. Plus, I love the Magic Kingdom.
2. Narcoosee's. Beautiful location on the lake, excellent food. Celebration Cake available. Or you could order a custom cake from the Grand Floridian bakery. Could do during fireworks.
3. Citricos at the GF. Not currently open. Situated in the main building right next to Victoria and Albert's. I ordered dessert off the menu but it was decorated with special Happy Birthday decor and a candle. Could do the Celebration Cake or custom cake from GF Bakery. Excellent food, great service.
4. Victoria & Albert's. I had made a reservation for V&A's but canceled it. I decided V&A's was out of my league food-wise and price-wise. I'm from Chicago, have traveled extensively, but I admit that I'm not experienced in super fine dining. I had read some sample menus for V&A's, and I didn't know what half of the food was. It seemed like quite a lot of food, and it seemed like the experience would take hours. No doubt I'd have felt like an ignorant rube throughout. My husband was not at all interested in dining there. As I recall, pricing was something like $300 per person. Clearly an experience for those who would appreciate it! I was at the GF last week and V&A's is not currently open.

Another vote for CG. I don't think we've ever had a bad experience there, and they were very accommodating for my DMiL 50th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter