Birthday celebration a few weeks after?

PJackson

DIS Veteran
My DD2 is 4 in early May but due to school holidays (DD1 is in school) we can't get to DLRP until June half term (had half term been normal time we would have only been 2 weeks or so after her bday).

Is it worth me letting the hotel know in advance that it is a trip in which we will be celebrating her birthday? Eventhough it will be almost a month since her bday? :confused3 Or am I pushing it hoping for anything - even some gold chocolate coins?

theres no harm in contacting the hotel before you go and mentioning you're celebrating a birthday on your trip. You might get some pixie dust, you might not, but if you don't try, you'll never know :).

Thanks guys. I think I'll try - not too bothered about a cake for her - we will book Auberge and Cafe Mickey etc instead. DD1 can't eat the cake anyway and there are only 3 of us the, so it is a waste really. Would rather use the money towards a character meal :goodvibes.

I think what I need to say to them is we are late celebrating due to only being able to visit in school holidays. Had we been able to, we probably would have gone for DD2's birthday or at least within a couple of days of it. But we have to wait for the delayed half term!

Thanks guys. I think I'll try - not too bothered about a cake for her - we will book Auberge and Cafe Mickey etc instead. DD1 can't eat the cake anyway and there are only 3 of us the, so it is a waste really. Would rather use the money towards a character meal :goodvibes.

I think what I need to say to them is we are late celebrating due to only being able to visit in school holidays. Had we been able to, we probably would have gone for DD2's birthday or at least within a couple of days of it. But we have to wait for the delayed half term!

Worth a shot! We will be emailing next week asking for some pixie dust for Rosebug BUT we have a little stash of Disney gifts to put on the bed before she sees just incase!

I think it is totally hit and miss - hubby said he emailed HNY before we went in 2009 and told them it was for my 30th, to celebrate the birth of our first baby and that it was nearly cancelled due to me being ill after the birth etc. He didn't even get a reply apparently and there was certainly no pixie dust!

Good luck!

I guess that they must get a lot of requests. I'll see how I feel nearer the time as it will be 3.5 weeks after her birthday.

I really am keeping my fingers crossed that you get something for Rose - after all it is her birthday trip :goodvibes Even just some chocolate coins to acknowledge you have said something is better than nothing. I remember the coins at DLH that they used to leave on the pillows after turndown each night - they were delicious but never lasted long with my two monsters :cloud9: Some of those would be nice :thumbsup2

I guess that they must get a lot of requests. I'll see how I feel nearer the time as it will be 3.5 weeks after her birthday.

I really am keeping my fingers crossed that you get something for Rose - after all it is her birthday trip :goodvibes Even just some chocolate coins to acknowledge you have said something is better than nothing. I remember the coins at DLH that they used to leave on the pillows after turndown each night - they were delicious but never lasted long with my two monsters :cloud9: Some of those would be nice :thumbsup2

It would be lovely! But if not we have some Tinkerbell slippers & pj's to leave on the bed with a note from Tinkerbell to say welcome to her home! And we have some Cinderella jewellery (pennies in Asda's sale) which we will put in a little blue gift box and ask the waiter if they can pop it at her place in Auberge, as a gift from Cinderella for her birthday!

Aw that sounds just fabulous. She is going to be so excited. I hope you have a big case for all those lovely dresses and things :thumbsup2 Great idea about the present at Auberge as well - hope they can oblige :goodvibes

Aw that sounds just fabulous. She is going to be so excited. I hope you have a big case for all those lovely dresses and things :thumbsup2 Great idea about the present at Auberge as well - hope they can oblige :goodvibes

Me too - but if not, she won't know either way and we'll just pop it in the hotel room or something.

Hope you manage to get a good deal sorted soon so you can get booked up!

Thanks :goodvibes The biggest issue is DH pinning down his holiday (as you can appreciate it's not easy for him at the mo). At least everyone here will be put out of their misery when I know one way or the other :rotfl2:.

Thanks :goodvibes The biggest issue is DH pinning down his holiday (as you can appreciate it's not easy for him at the mo). At least everyone here will be put out of their misery when I know one way or the other :rotfl2:.

Ach - just go without him! ;)

I don't think he'd ever speak to me again :lmao:

Yeah - but you'd have a mint time! Or just don't tell him! (can you tell I have considering going without Ging? It'd be loads cheaper! :lmao: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter