Birthday cakes for character dining?

gshoemate

<font color=blue>Wants to Talk to the Dolphins!<br
I just made a PS at the Crystal Palace for DS's birthday. The CM that I talked to also gave me a phone number where I could order a cake and it would be at the resturant when we arrive. Has anyone done this?? How are the prices and did the timing all work out with the cake being there and served? Thanks

We celebrated our DS' s first birthday last week at Garden Grill in EPCOT. We called ahead and requested a birthday cake and they did not charge us for it. This may be something unique to the Garden Grill.

We had a cake ordered for a birthday at Chef Mickey's I think it was 35.00 they added it to our bill. It worked out fine except it was suppose to have characters on it and it didn't. It just was a regular birthday cake.

We celebrated my DD's birthday at the CP in October and it was so great. You don't have to call the restaurant ahead of time (I did & was told there was no need). They told me that they always have birthday cakes on hand and that all I had to do was request one when we arrived for our PS. I had already had it noted on our PS though and when we arrived, they had our table all decorated (which was really nice and a big surprise for my DD). :)

I knew that a character wouldn't be permitted to present the cake but I did ask the waitress if it would be possible to time bringing the cake for the same time as Tigger was arriving at our table (DD's favourite character) and that's exactly what she did...it was just perfect. It was actually Tigger's second visit to our table...the first being shortly after we arrived.

The cake was $9.99 and was really good. Here are pics of our decorated table & the birthday cake (we had the same decorations and cake later in the week at the LTT when we celebrated a friend's birthday). I hope your DS has a great day. :)

CP1.jpg
CP2.jpg

Thanks guys...I will mention the cake when we check in. I know we celebrated DH's birthday last year at the castle and they brought him a cupcake, hopefully we will get a little bigger then that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter