• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday Cake Requests

Sleuth

Disney Fanatic
We are going to WDW in August and staying onsite for the first time. The main purpose of our trip is to celebrate my son's 5th birthday. I have heard people say that you can get birthday cakes sent to the hotel room. Is this true and if so, does anyone know the price or how to go about it? I'd love to have him surprised, like a cake waiting when we get back from a day at the parks. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

i had a cake made for our anniversary while we stayed at OKW. I had called the boardwalk bakery directly and handled everything through them - the type of cake, the size, the price etc...then OKW picked up the cake for us. depending upon where you stay, i've read posts that you can simply call the resort directly and they can handle everything for you. That would be my first recommendation to you - check first with your hotel, if no luck, contact the boardwalk bakery.

the cake we got was supposedly for 2 people, but clearly could have fed 5 as we had the cake for 2-3 days (until we finished it) - depending upon what you want on the cake (if you want a mickey topper, etc) the price fluctuates. we had a simple cake that had happy anniversary written on it and while i cannot recall the price, it was pretty reasonable - maybe somewhere along the 20-30 dollar range.

good luck

we stayed cr cl in oct for my ds 8th b-day i just told them and they sent a cake with balloons and a picture from goofy. i would have it noted on your reservation and maybe the hotel will do something for you! :D

Directly from the DIS (www.wdwinfo.com)

Birthday Cakes

Restaurants: Six-inch cakes are available at most full-service restaurants for birthdays and anniversaries for a fee. Additional cakes are also available for a charge and should be ordered in advance through the appropriate restaurant.

Resorts: Contact Resort Room Services or Guest Services.

Free Birthday Perks

Inform Cast Members/Travel Agent when you book your reservation that it is a Birthday celebration. If it's a child's or a milestone birthday, you can also let them know the age
Tell the Cast Member at your Resort know when you check-in. Sometimes they will do something special for your child ranging from autographed character pictures to balloons in your room. This does not always happen but you may get some surprise "magic."
Visit ‘City Hall’ on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, ‘Guest Services in EPCOT and ‘Guest Services’ in the Animal Kingdom for a complimentary ‘"IT'S MY BIRTHDAY" button. This always generates special attention from the Cast Members in the Parks.
Make sure your child has an ‘Autograph Book’ when they wear the button. They will receive special Birthday greetings from the Characters.
Tell the server about the Birthday at all meals on this day. They should bring a cupcake with a candle, or you can order a cake (see above.)
If you are staying at a ‘Disney Resort’, contact the front desk and request a special birthday phone call for your child from a Disney Character or you can dial 8-224-2144 for a birthday wish from Goofy
Purchase a passport in EPCOT to have stamped in each country around the ‘World Showcase’ and make sure the Cast Member’s who signs it know it’s your child’s Birthday. They will receive Birthday greetings in many different languages.

yhey also sell birthday hats which really get everyones attention. we were on a ride and a girl was wearing one of these hats and we all sang happy birthday to her she was about 10 so it really seemed to make her day! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter