Birthday cake at Disney Restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thf913

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever ordered a personalized birthday cake at one of the WDW restaurants? We are arriving on Dec. 10th, which will be DS #2's 4th birthday. We are having dinner at Chef Mickey's that night and I was wondering about ordering one of their cakes. How big are they? Are they worth the cost?

We celebrate DS6 Birthday every year at CM. We always have a cake, but it doesn't come from the restaurant or the resort unless you want a standard cake. If you want a personalized cake, call the Cake Line at 407 827 2253. We order either an 8 inch round which serves our family of 4 quite nicely with leftovers. You can order several different size cakes and several different batters and icings. Since CM has really good desserts, this last year we had the cake delivered to our room at KV and had it for breakfast. Either way, we enjoy it even though it's a little pricey. It's one of the things that's now tradition in our family, so the cost is built in. Enjoy!

Thanks. That really helps! I will give the cake hotline a call! I looked through the cake thread but there are so many posts I couldn't find a picture of a birthday cake from Chef Mickey's. Can they do different characters?

Thanks. That really helps! I will give the cake hotline a call! I looked through the cake thread but there are so many posts I couldn't find a picture of a birthday cake from Chef Mickey's. Can they do different characters?

They can do a character that you choose. I think they can do almost any one that you pick, however, it has to be the bigger cakes. The smallest 6 inch cakes cannot be customizable. My DD got a Snow white cake with dark choc. mousse filling. When I got to the restaurant, I just told them at the podium and it was delivered after our meal. The servers also sang happy birthday to my DD. Beware, the cakes can be pretty expensive. This cake cost me $60. Here is a pic:

545.jpg

541.jpg

Yes, the cake hotline will get you to the right location.....In 2009, we celebrated 4 different celebrations during a 10 day trip. I ordered 5 different cakes for 5 different restaurants. :woohoo: That is the first year that all the cakes but one tasted bad, or old. They just werent good. A huge surprise to me because we ordered 4 cakes in 2008, they were amazing. Don't know if they were just extra busy Sept 2009, or what. However, it was a real disappointment considering the money spent on cakes. They were beautiful though, absolutely beautiful. I have never really read many bad reviews so I guess we were there when the chef was on vacation. lol, He must have prepared our cakes before he left. :laughing: I hope the cakes we order soon will meet my expectations. I know Disney has good cakes, especially the Grand Floridian. From my experience, GF has the best!!! Enjoy your Magical celebration!!

thanks for posting the links to the cake threads. Headon over there - all the experts are there!

closing this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter