Birthday/Anniversary Celebrations

mdargen

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I have a question about celebrations onboard. My mom wants to celebrate my 40th :scared1::scared1:birthday while we are sailing. The only problem is my birthday is Dec. 4th and our ship sets sail on Dec. 18th. Can we still get a cake to celebrate with or does your birthday need to actually happen during the cruise?

My husband and I were thinking about celebrating our 10 year wedding anni while onboard this same cruise but our actual date isn't during our sailing dates. Does that matter? For that we are thinking about getting a couple bottles of champagne while we are on Martinique to drink one with dinner and the other while sitting on deck. Is this allowed?

Thanks!

~Michelle

From what I have read on here it does not matter if the occasion that you are celebrating actually occurs during the cruise. You can request a cake. Enjoy your celebrations.

Thanks for the info. How fun! This is the first birthday in about 5 years I've been able to celebrate with my mum because we moved out of state.

No they dont care!! We are going on December 9-12th and we are celebrating my husbands birthday, which is actually the 6th and our anniversary which is the 14th. They didnt have any problems with that!!

No they dont care!! We are going on December 9-12th and we are celebrating my husbands birthday, which is actually the 6th and our anniversary which is the 14th. They didnt have any problems with that!!

Sweet! That is really awesome they let us celebrate. I guess it would be hard to book things around everyone's bdays and annis.

I hope your husband has a fantastic birthday and you both a wonderful anniversary!

Question?

Do they charge a cork fee for champagne?

POP!:flower3:

I know they charge a corkage fee for wine but they don't use a corkscrew to open champagne. LOL

This is our first Disney cruise and I think it is really cool they allow us to bring wine onboard. We are going to Martinique where there is a really good wine/champagne store right by the dock! I can't wait to get some goodies. :drinking1:drinking1

We're going on our cruise to celebrate my dad's birthday. How do you request a cake? Is there an additional charge?

We just got off the Wonder and celebrated my in-law's 50th anniversary. The cake was nice. We got to pick which day we wanted to celebrate the special occasion. No extra charge for the cake. When I booked the cruise I told the cast member on the phone but I'm sure you can tell guest services or the waiter your first night and they'll make sure to take care of your special celebration. Enjoy!!

We just got off the Wonder and celebrated my in-law's 50th anniversary. The cake was nice. We got to pick which day we wanted to celebrate the special occasion. No extra charge for the cake. When I booked the cruise I told the cast member on the phone but I'm sure you can tell guest services or the waiter your first night and they'll make sure to take care of your special celebration. Enjoy!!

That sounds like a wonderful celebration! Thank you so much for information!

We're celebrating our kids' birthdays and our wedding anniversary on our DCL cruise in December and they aren't even in December, so you'll be fine, for sure :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter