Birth Certificates needed?

buttercup10

Mouseketeer
OK, so we leave tomorrow morning - I haven't flown in years - I can't find my DS5's birth certificate - is it necessary for the plane? I have a "proof of birth" letter from the hospital and an ID card with his birthday on it issued by the local police dept. (I think the birth certificate must have gotten misfiled when I had it out to register for kindergarten - but of course no time to scour now, with night-before-departure packing!)

Do airlines even ask for kids' ids when flying domestically?

You're fine - your daughter doesn't need any ID. The only time (domestically) they ask for the birth certificate is if your daughter was under 2 years and was flying as a lap-child (you'd need to prove that she was under 2 years).

Have a safe trip!

Thanks - DS5 could not be mistaken for a lap child, and my DSalmost-2, whose birth certificate we do have, has her own seat as well - so good to know they don't need ID (although I'll probably bring what I have for them anyway!)

Can anyone update me on whether there's any issue with bringing snacks thru security? (I'm not going to try to bring any juice/liquids)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter