Birth certificate to prove age under 3?

MorganK

Earning My Ears
Our next trip is planned for December. My youngest son will have just turned 2.5yrs old when we are there. However, he is a VERY tall 2 year old (at 27 months he was 39" tall, wears size 4/5). I'm guessing come December he will easily be 40-41" with how he's been growing.

Should I be prepared to be challenged on his age? Due to his height I'm worried they will think he is 3 and try to make us pay for him as well. I'm thinking maybe I should bring his birth certificate along, but at the same time don't want to have that in the parks. Or is there a way I could show the CM when we check in at the resort and have it entered into the computer maybe?

You won't have any problems. I have to basically force by 4 and 5yo's tickets at the CM as they just assume they don't have them. I believe they're not even allowed to ask, even if they think you're full of it. :scratchin

I'm bringing a copy of dd's just for my own peace of mind.

My dd will be 2.75 on our next trip and very tall for her age too.

They won't deny you entry but I have heard of CM's rolling eyes, giving dirty looks.... And they may ask your child how old they are - which is fine by me- I just don't want them to give me an attitude about it.

If you really want to be subtle they sell this shirt at Old Navy :rotfl2:

62u1.jpg

My DD will be 3 in Jan and she is also tall for her age. We were there last week.

We had gotten DD a Magicband bc we were with another family that has a 4yo Dd. We didnt want her to feel left out if she was the only one without it.

Everytime we went through the gates, she would try to use it. Obviously, it would never work. We told the CM it was just for show and they never said anything.

They may ask but they won't press the issue when you say he is two. What we have done is to copy and reduce the birth certificate to wallet size and just carried it along. Writing was tiny but we have never needed it. We have had them ask the kids how old they were is a fun, matter of fact way, and we have been asked directly their ages at character meals many time.

I was wondering the same thing as well. We go 12/12/13 and son will be 2.75. We have booked buffet at askerhaus and mickeys backyard bbq, both are free for under three to eat off of their parents plates but my son eats more than my wife most times and was wondering if we were going to encounter problems with CMs.

Our next trip is planned for December. My youngest son will have just turned 2.5yrs old when we are there. However, he is a VERY tall 2 year old (at 27 months he was 39" tall, wears size 4/5). I'm guessing come December he will easily be 40-41" with how he's been growing.

Should I be prepared to be challenged on his age? Due to his height I'm worried they will think he is 3 and try to make us pay for him as well. I'm thinking maybe I should bring his birth certificate along, but at the same time don't want to have that in the parks. Or is there a way I could show the CM when we check in at the resort and have it entered into the computer maybe?

No one will even ask. My DD was already 40" at 3 and no one questioned or even looked twice. You tell them the ages when booking the reservation and that is the only time anyone even asks.

We went when ds3 was just under 3, and tall. The only issue was being charged for him at O'Hana, and they quickly removed the charge when I explained he was only 2. We never had problems at any other TS because they always asked the kids ages upfront.

We went twice when my son was under 3 and were never even asked - it won't be a problem. If they ask for his ticket, just tell them that he's 2.
We did have several restaurants try to charge us at buffets - and this was when he was 16 months old and looked even younger. It happened frequently enough that I started to think they must just charge as a matter of policy and only remove it when questioned. Each time they quickly and easily removed the charge when I pointed out that he was under 3, but I was pretty annoyed by the end.

We went twice when DD was 2. It was never a problem. Although I did bring a copy of her BC, I didn't need it

My daughter was 2.75 when we went, she was well into size 5's for height. When we went to MK one day at rope drop, the CM said "How old are you?" in a small talk conversational way. She had a major look of surprise and disbelief on her face and I said "I have her birth certificate with me if you need to see it." She responded that the CM's are not allowed to ask to see them.

Just went in September with my almost 2.5 year old daughter that is somewhere over 36" now and speaks more like a 4 year old. We were asked once at the MK turnstiles how old she was, we said 2, and on we went.

She wears 4's and 5's and is a good head taller than a bunch of kids in her daycare classroom.

My husband wanted to bring a copy of her birth certificate, but after reading on here that it wasn't necessary I decided against it. Glad to have not had all that information on us. It really was not an issue.

Oh and our tickets were not on magic bands and not linked to our hotel reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter