Birth certificate seals?

val2001

Mouseketeer
I thought a seal was required on birth certificate. I requested my daughter's from State of Georgia and after 9 week+ wait finally received it but no seal is on it. Should I be concerned?

Anyone else from GA with birth certificate that does not have a seal?? All other family members were born in different states so I can't compare it to our others.

Go to the count office. Mine and my DD,4yo, are from Cobb county and they have the raised seal.
Magic May 22 2004

My dd was born in Fulton county which is why I ordered through the mail and I am trying to avoid a trip to downtown Atlanta if at all possible. Going to Fulton county office would be a day-long trip. thanks for info. about Cobb county though. Anyone else with Fulton county birth certificate??? Still hoping I'm o.k. without seal.

You may just want to call the office that issued the birth certificate. Mine came from Illinois and they have an embossed seal, not a "raised" seal like the ones my children have.
Good Luck!

I'd call the vital records department ... VA's birth certificates no longer have a raised seal, instead they are printed on special paper.

I got one w/o the seal a couple of years ago, called and was told they aren't "sealed" anymore ... to me an "unsealed" birth certificate is bound to cause problems ...

Have you considered a passport. You still have time. No confusion with those.

My Ohio certificate does not have a seal, but rather a redish stamp of certification.

What documentation do I need to bring?
"All U.S. and Canadian citizens must travel with proof of citizenship, which is a valid passport, original, state-certified birth certificate and picture identification, or a certified naturalization certificate with a picture identification. "

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/disneycruiseline/faq/faqgroupingindex?

"I'd call the vital records department ... VA's birth certificates no longer have a raised seal, instead they are printed on special paper.

I got one w/o the seal a couple of years ago, called and was told they aren't "sealed" anymore ... to me an "unsealed" birth certificate is bound to cause problems ..."

Thanks for your post, that is very similar to what I am experiencing. I have also recently discovered that VA's birth certs no longer have the raised seal.

I was just wondering if you have found any thing more about it. I have recently ordered my mother's birth Cert from VA's Vital records dept. And as you can see by my counter we are very close to leaving and I would like to ensure a smooth embarking.

LOL....I am so stressed about it, I have not removed it from the Fedex Envelope that it was sent in just in case, it helps out with validation at the desk.

I sent email to GA vital statistics asking if seal/stamp was no longer required. Have not yet received response.

My DW's Mississippi birth certificate does not have a raised seal either. It is printed on some type of official paper with raised etching. We have been on two cruises since 9/11 and have had no problems with it. ::yes::

Well, I got response to my email and she said the stamp/seal was on the back of the birth certificate. DUH--I didn't look on the back before, but she's right. It's there.

Why, why, WHY do you people spend SO much effort dealing with state bureaucracies on all the variations of a piece of paper that was NEVER designed to be travel i.d.? Pay attention to the intelligent point made by Wog, e.g.

GET A PASSPORT .

Unlike a birth certificate, it's 100% INARGUABLE travel I.D.

Unlike a birth certifcate, it's DESIGNED to be portable.

So stop wasting time and go HERE now:

http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html

Passport is good idea and I have one for dh and me. But for my dd, I would need birth certificate first to even get passport. Therefore, I HAVE to deal with state bureaucracy.

But thanks for the link anyway. Maybe I will get kids a passport in the future if I think we'll be taking them out of the country again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter