Birth Card?

amylia403

Disney Mommy
Just a quick question.... I was born at a naval hospital back in the 70's. I was never issued a large paper birth certificate, just a smaller laminated "birth Card". It has the raised seal of the county on it and has my information the way a birth certificate would. Will DCL accept this in place of an actual birth certificate?

I don't think so.

Were you born within the US- if so, it should be pretty easy to get a standard birth certificate... If outside the US, I am not sure....

I don't think so.

Were you born within the US- if so, it should be pretty easy to get a standard birth certificate... If outside the US, I am not sure....

Yes, I was born in Florida. My family was not in the air force, but my grandfather had been so my mothers benefits were still through the military. It's a Florida County birth card

I would take it your local Post Office and see if they would accept it as proof for a passport. Our oldest DD (born at NAMI in P'cola late 70's) has the plastic card from FL, went to get her marriage license in FL and they questioned it. I guess it depends on who you get to review it on any given day.

I too was born at a Naval Hospital. it is NOT valid.

you need one from the COUNTY the hospital is in. the one the hospital issues is not an official document.

I too was born at a Naval Hospital. it is NOT valid.

you need one from the COUNTY the hospital is in. the one the hospital issues is not an official document.

DD's card was issued from the county, not NAMI. Neither of our DD's received anything from the military hospitals they were born at. The card should be valid, but people rarely see it any more, so they question it.

DD's card was issued from the county, not NAMI. Neither of our DD's received anything from the military hospitals they were born at. The card should be valid, but people rarely see it any more, so they question it.

Thank you :) I'll have it checked out. Mine is also issued from the county in Florida, but its also the only one I've ever seen...lol. I'd hate to get to the port and have them question it!

I used one exclusively while cruising until I received my passport and had no problems. If it is issued by the county, has a raises seal, and say something like "record of live birth," "birth abstract," etc. you should be fine. However, if in doubt and concerned, you can usually order a paper copy for around $20 online. I did this when I ordered my passport as I didn't want to be without my only copy.

Thank you :) I'll have it checked out. Mine is also issued from the county in Florida, but its also the only one I've ever seen...lol. I'd hate to get to the port and have them question it!

Here in GA, you can go to almost any courthouse and walk out with a certified BC if you were born in the state.... Not sure if you can do it in FL also, but surely there is something similar

I would take it your local Post Office and see if they would accept it as proof for a passport. Our oldest DD (born at NAMI in P'cola late 70's) has the plastic card from FL, went to get her marriage license in FL and they questioned it. I guess it depends on who you get to review it on any given day.

:thumbsup2
This is the best advice.

My wife is an Air Force brat born outside the U.S. at an Air Force base with no medical facilties. She has a stack of very official looking documents that she discovered are absolutely worthless. Only thing worth anything are her naturalization papers. Yup, born of U.S. citizens, but because she was born off base, technically she needs naturalization papers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter