Birch Run Outlets

minniemomof3

Mouseketeer
I am planning to visit Birch Run outlets and also would like to visit the large Christmas store in Frankenmuth. Can anyone recommend a hotel? Should we stay near the outlets or Frankenmuth? Are they relatively close to each other.

Thanks.

Birch Run and Bronner's are about 15 minutes from each other. When I've stayed overnight, I have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites, located right in the parking lot of the outlet mall. You could actually walk to some of the shops from the hotel.

In Frankenmuth, although I haven't stayed there personally, my aunt and uncle stay at the Drury Inn, every year.

I would stay in a hotel near the area you are planning to spend the most time (i.e. if you are only to going to Bronner's in Frankenmuth, I would stay near Birch Run).

If you plan on spending the most time at Birch Run Mall, then Country Inn/Suites is the best. There are other hotels (Best Western, Holiday Inn, Super8) there but it is nice to be able to walk back to the Country Inn. We are going Remembrance Day weekend but we are staying at the Bavarian Inn lodge in Frankenmuth as I will have lots to do in Frankenmuth as the girls go shopping at the mall.

In Frankenmuth, although I haven't stayed there personally, my aunt and uncle stay at the Drury Inn, every year.

If you do decide to stay in Frankenmuth, stay here! My family and I always do, and have always loved it!

If you do decide to stay in Frankenmuth, stay here! My family and I always do, and have always loved it!

A third rec for Drury. If closeness is your chief concern, then by all means book Country Inn and Suites--but if value is a consideration, this chain can not be beat.
Besides the standard free breakfast (and it's actually well above and beyond the standard free breakfast), you get:
--free light supper
--free popcorn and unlimited pop
--free alcohol (yes, you heard that right, three free drink tickets)
--15 minutes of free calling to anywhere in Canada
--a bunch of other freebies that escape me at the moment

We paid $144 all in for the room, which I thought was a bit steep until I surveyed the other prices. Frankenmuth is touristy and everything is priced a notch above. Drury represents EXCEPTIONAL value.

I love Frankenmuth and have just returned! Even if you are planning to do alot in Birchrun, I would stay in Frankenmuth. It is nice and such a sweet little town to walk around in! The Zehenders hotel and Bavarian Inn are both very nice. We have also stayed at the marriott and it was also very nice. Also has a little breakfast inlcuded. In November there is a weekend called Deer widow weekend and the place is packed and it would be hard to get a reservation in either Frankenmuth or Birchrun! The deals are incredible and much like the fridays after Amer Thanksgiving! Enjoy! Don't forget to try the chicken dinner at Zehenders!

My vote is for the Bavarian Inn. There are wonderfull shops to walk around and visit at night.

We always stay at Zehnders, which shares a driveway with the Christmas store. However, we always go to frankenmuth as a family trip, so DH and the kids play in the Zehnders waterpark all day while I shop. At one point over the weekend I drag the boys with me for a couple of hours to buy shoes and other such things that they must try on. The benefit is that they count in calculating the exemption limit!

It's only 10-15 min from Frankenmuth to Birch Run. If I was going without the kids, however, I would stay in Birch Run.

We always stay at Zehnders, which shares a driveway with the Christmas store. However, we always go to frankenmuth as a family trip, so DH and the kids play in the Zehnders waterpark all day while I shop. At one point over the weekend I drag the boys with me for a couple of hours to buy shoes and other such things that they must try on. The benefit is that they count in calculating the exemption limit!

It's only 10-15 min from Frankenmuth to Birch Run. If I was going without the kids, however, I would stay in Birch Run.

We like the Bavarian in for the very same reason. We spent two nights there in August and are looking forward to a trip back in March. It's super convenient, and I love that the kids are having a good time while I shop.

We stayed at Zehnders, and really enjoyed the watermark, as well as the kitschy German stores and the Christmas store. (We could have used a GPS to navigate our way through!) DH still regrets not getting a Christmas palm tree!

And a word of warning about the outlets. We stopped by there thinking we would be just two hours or so. Six hours later we were still going strong. The deals were unbelievable.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter