• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bippity Boppity Boutique for 3yo?

TaraZ

Mouseketeer
Has anyone take their 3 yo daughter to the BBB? If so, which package have you selected? Any pics? Thanks!!! princess:

My daughter went for the first time when she was three. She LOVED it and chose the Disney Diva - she wanted the long hair. This time she will be 4 and she is choosing the Fiarytale Princess since she will be meeting Cinderalla and Prince Charming at 1900 PF for dinner. You will love it! Enjoy! Sorry I don't know how to attach pics, but there are many on the BBB thread in the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies section. HTH.

Thanks so much! I told my DH & Mom about BBB... they both absolutely agreed that DD would LOVE it!

What about the dresses... are they worth buying there or bring our own? I have a feeling that my little princess will end up picking out a new dress there... she is such a girly girl about dress up clothes, after all!!!

The dresses are pretty much the same in the parks at the Disney store, but more money, I think. If you can - look for one on sale before you go and bring it with you. If you choose to get one there and go with the Castle package the whole thing will cost you over $200. It includes, make-up, hair, nails, dress and photos. We just go with the coach or crown package for around $50 and bring our own dress. The CM's still take pics on your photopass, but you do not need to spend the time doing a complete photo shoot, unless you want to. My daughter felt that getting her hair done was enough and at her young age I felt it was too. We save the money for Princess dining to enhance her experience. Enjoy!

I think we will probably bring at least one dress with us... but I am sure that my princess will find at least one more that she loves! I just can't wait-- how fun!

We did it with our 3yr old last December. We did the castle package. She loved every minute of it, from choosing the dress and hairstyle to being pampered. She was so impressed with the final result. You could see her looking at herself in the mirror thinking wow, I look fantastic. It's a nightmare trying to even do her hair at home, but she was so good during BBB.

I heard that if you take your child to the boutique for their birthday, they do something extra for them. Does anyone happen to know what that is?

Thanks!

We took DD to BBB for her 4th birthday a few weeks ago, she got a special sash that said Birthday Princess on it, other than that people kept telling her happy birthday.

She had the best time. We did go with the castle package since it was her birthday, it's not something we would do every time, we would, however, go to BBB and do the middle package, after finding out that the little bottles of nail polish that they give you when you leave are $3.50 a piece in the store I figure the $5 difference between the basic and middle packages is worth it.

We took DD a week after she turned 3. She loved every minute. I personally like the dresses at WDW. We got the Belle dress which is gorgeous and she got the fairy tale Princess hair do.

Here's some pics:
Getting the hair done
familypicswithBen022.jpg
[/IMG]

familypicswithBen013.jpg
[/IMG]
familypicswithBen015.jpg

The finished product!
familypicswithBen039.jpg
[/IMG]

I took DD4 to the BBB in January when other DD was only 2. We are going back again in October and the girls will be 5 and 3 (by a month!) I have BBB appointments for both of them before we do MNSSHP. Hopefully, DD3 will sit still for it! She has very long hair and she doesn't like to sit still for me to comb it. I'm hoping that she'll behave for a stranger!

As far as the dresses go, I brought 2 for my DD the last time so she could choose. She wore one to the P&PP that night and the other to the Wonderland Tea Party. Since we went in January, I got a great deal on costumes right after Halloween and right after Christmas. I noticed that many of the costumes at the BBB did not fit a lot of the little girls. They all seemed very loose and droopy. At first, I thought it was just the moms maybe picking out a larger size than needed, but then I noticed that it was the case with most of the girls there. ALL the BBB dresses seemed larger than their wearers.

I took my own pictures and had the photopass photographer take a bunch too. I figured that the cheapest Castle package was $175 and the hair, makeup and nails (Crown or Coach?) was $45 so I couldn't stomach shelling out $130 for a $20 costume and some pictures. I'm doing the same thing again in October...2 costumes for each DD and the "middle" package.

We took DD for her 3rd birthday and she LOVED it!! For her birthday they gave her a sash that said birthday girl so everyone would know it was her birthday. We brought our own dresses (yes more than one:rotfl2: ) from home and did the middle package with hair, makeup, and nail polish. We took her twice while on our last trip which was end of April beg. of May, on her b-day she was Cinderella, and then the day of the P&PP she was Tink (that day we just did hair and makeup, no nails). I purchased the dresses ahead of time at the Disney Store. Personally I liked the Disney Store dresses much better. I thought they were a better quality, less itchy, and less money. They usually have a ton to choose from around Halloween. If you are going after Halloween time, they have awesome sales after so take advantage.
Oh yea, and her hair lasted through the next day both times, (probably would have went a third day, but I made her take it out for a bath) and she wore her princess dresses everyday we were there. She LOVED the attention and I LOVED watching her. She just looked sooo cute! I bet your princess will look just adorable and have sooo much fun doing it!!!
image498.jpg

image501.jpg

We are going next month & DD will turn 3 yr old just 2 weeks after we are there...would she be able to do BBB or do they require girls to be 3?

I was told if they are within a 30 day window....of turning 3 that it is ok (i think only at downtown disney bbb)My dd2 will not turn 3 until the last day of our trip in Dec but they let me make resis for her on the first day while she is still 2 but only at downtown disney....

We took our daughter to BBB this past September. She was just shy of 4. Our little girl who loves all things make up, Princess and girly was not a fan of the whole experience at all.:sad2: We were doing the Castle package for her. She loved picking out her dress but, once she got in the seat she was very nervous and shy. I told her we could just buy the dress and shoes but, she wanted to stay. :sad2: The FGIT was able to get her hair done but, we didn't get one smile from DD. The second FGIT that did her make up and nails had a more outgoing personality then the first so, my daughter warmed up to her. She was very excited at the end when they turned her around to see herself in the mirror.
She was a little shy with the photographer but, her pictures came out beautiful. Of course, she loved all the attention she got at MNSSHP that night.
I think a big part of my DD's issue was that the boutique was packed. It was loud(in a good way of course) and crowded and I think it made her nervous. We were in the DTD location and it seemed like every little Princess that was going to MNSSHP that night was in BBB when we were there, lol. Our FGIT was also a little more serious and she did better with the second more bubbly woman.
We are going in December this year and our DD has asked to go back to BBB. We are going to try again. She will be 5 in October so, she is older.
We have been telling her that there will be lots of other little girls there and that she does not have to go if she does not want to. For now, she can't wait!! We shall see what happens this year.princess:

I took my 3yo to the DTD location in May the same day we went to the PPP party. She LOVED it. We did the Castle package and she choose the Diva hairstyle - she really wanted the long hair. I do think it was a little expensive but the look on her face the entire time - from picking out the dress to her look when she saw herself was priceless. I think we managed to keep the hairstyle for about 2 days. It would have lasted longer but she decided to run through the foutains at Epcot. Water and fake hair do NOT mix. I don't know that I'd do the full package again but she was so into the princesses this year that is was worth it.

I just took my DD3 earlier this month. She wanted to be Pocahontas, so I had a dress made for her before we went not taking any chances that we wouldn't find one(they did end up having one there but it was long sleeved and way too itchy!). We did the Crown (hair, makeup and nails) package and she loved it! She got the Diva hair (long and black of course, just like Pocahontas!) and it turned out adorable! The photopass pictures from that day are some of my favorites from the whole trip!

We took my daughter at 3.5yo and again last week (she is 4yo now) and she loves it each time. This past trip, we got her hair done on 6/18 and took it out on 6/23. It was looking a bit shabby by then, but she was intent on showing her daddy (it was a girls only trip) so I let her keep it in. I did wash her hair (she chose the Fairytale Princess) in the bun, so I was surprised it stayed in as long as it did.

We're going back in August and I'm considering upgrading to the package with the dress/photos, but we'll see. She wants a Snow White dress and it was about $70 when we were in WDW so I figure with that added to the hair/makeup/nail package, it's $120, then the photos, so maybe it's not so bad. We have a bunch of dresses though so it still seems wasteful to me, but I might splurge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter