Bippidi Boppidi fun!

cuteduck223

Mouseketeer
Alright--i know there is an all you need to know thread...but i just wanna hear from some folks who've done it --best things/worst things. My DD4 has been asking for over a year, we keep telling her no--suggested maybe trying pirates league this christmas trip--then went ahead and made a NYE ressie after lunch at DTD location. Give me your best and worst.

No bad; Only good. My granddaughter LOVED it. If you are going to buy a costume I would suggest just after Halloween (NOW), you can always phone a head to make sure they are marked down, at the Disney Store near you. The costumes they sell at DW are very expensive and not nearly as nice. I was surprised at how inferior the Jasmine costume was there. We had her done in the am so she could be Jasmine all day, then we went to the Princess dinner in Epcot for her birthday. If anything, they really do a number on the hair it is tight and full of stuff so by the end the granddaughter was a little sore.
ON another note, we also were Pirates on another day. 5 Adults and the granddaughter...we loved being the surge of the seas though MK for a day is as well. ARRGG!

Best- She will be treated like a total VIP by the BBB staff. It is all about the little girls there. She will LOVE it. You will get tons of fun pictures. After the BBB, CMs around WDW will make a fuss over her when they see her. If you decide to buy a dress there, they are on the whole good quality dresses that hold up well. We have mostly found them to be better than the ones at the Disney Store, but the Disney Stores are most times really nice too.

Worst- The price. Also, I'm not a big fan of the hairstyles on the whole. If your DD is tender headed, watch out for the bun hairstyle. We've done BBB 4 times now. The first time when DD was 4, we did the bun and DD was begging for me to get it out because it was giving her a headache within about an hour of leaving the BBB. The 2nd and 3rd years we did the diva hairstyle and it was comfortable for her and she left it in until bath and bedtime. Last month she did the newest hairstyle (I think it is called Couture?- it's the one with rolls at the front), and that one she made it several hours, but did eventually start complaining it was too tight. If your DD is not tender headed, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, although DD is tender headed and also complains about everytime I comb her hair, she never once has complained when a Fairy Godmother in Training is doing her hair at the BBB.

Tender headed is one of my big concerns! She HATES having her hair combed out, its fine and long, so it tangles pretty easily.

My daughter is significantly older than yours, but I'll answer.

She has had it done at age 9 and 10. She absolutely loves it and I enjoy watching her enjoy it from the time she gets dressed to the last shot of the photo session and into the park with the compliments.

She's tenderheaded, but I usually mention it at the beginning and she's done well with the bun style. She doesn't want to try a different one. Both times she kept the hair for 2 days before I washed it out.

3rd and probably final appointment is in April for her birthday. She will age out and is sad to do so. After that we'll likely switch to Pirate's League since her brother is now old enough to try that.

I really don't have anything bad to say. I don't have experience with the costumes as we brought clothes from home and didn't even wear Disney princess clothes. First time we had a long formal gown I got on ebay as we had CRT after. 2nd time she had a sparkly tank top and pettiskirt and denim vest. Next time will be some type of party dress or gown as we'll have CRT again.

Our first trip to Disney, my DD was 8. I did not schedule the BBB because I thought she might think she was too old for it. When we were there and she saw all the girls having it done. She seemed disappointed. So I went and asked at the castle if there was any openings. There was! We did not buy the outfit just the basic package. She had her hair done, nails and a sash to wear. Everyone around the parks would address her as "Princess." The best feeling in the world. We attempted to maintain the hairstyle everyday the rest of our trip and she wore the sash. So now we are going back. She is almost 12 and she wants to do it again before she is too old. ;) if your DD likes dressing up and being treated like a princess, then I would recommend it! Enjoy!

BBB is awesome. My girls had a ball when they did it. An unforgettable experience for sure!

We did the 60$ package. Hair, nails, make up. Personally I hate the hair styles and the make up BUT I'd totally do it again. She loved it and I was super impressed they got all her hair in the bun. We had our own princess gear so that really helped. It was cute. I'd do it atleast once.

Age 4 was the best for my DD.
At 3 she cried that the hair was too tight and it only lasted 2 hours (if that) but the experience was amazing and I said I would do it again even if she took it down right away.
Age 4 she loved it! Kept the hair style in 2 days.
Age 5 - we had issues again. She decided she didn't like that her brown hair was stiff (from the gel) and it took some convincing to have her keep it in all day.
Despite that, she said she will probably go back next year and I will let her :)

My profile picture is DD at 3 after BBB. She loved it at 3 but she was over the top about it at 5. We are Puerto Rican....DD has thicker hair so I tend to put her hair pretty tight so having it tight for BBB doesn't bother her. Even the Fairy Godmother was from Puerto Rico and made a mention about how tight DD's hair was already so she knew she didn't have to be to careful with that. :lmao:

DD just loves it and we always do CRT right afterwards. She loves being called princess. She is a big dress up girl at home. Way into fashion and clothes at only 7 so this fits right into.

At $60 I really don't think the price is that bad. WDW could charge $100 for the basic package and I would still pay it just for the experience. As I'm sure tons of other people would.

We just did BBB for the first time. DD is 3.5 yo. She loved it, but I disliked the fact that her hair (the bun) only held for a couple of hours. I had read that the hairstyle really lasts, so I was disappointed when it was falling out by mid-afternoon. We brought our own dress and changed there. The ladies were all very nice.

She will love it. It's like a magical, beautiful salon just made to turn little girls into princesses. There is a lot of sitting, but lots of interaction with colors and choices and funny conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter