• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bippidi Boppidi BUMMER. :'(

AMT826

Earning My Ears
So, we're going to our first family trip to Disney in September (90 DAYS!!!!:)) I will have a 5.5 year old and an almost 3 year old, both girls. We have reservations for our first day in MK at BBB then breakfast at the castle. :) I had no idea about this when I made the reservations, but I just read that the BBB is for ages 3+.. & that they are very strict about it now because so many people have abused the system. & that they have been asking to see park tickets for anyone that looks 3 and under. :/ I'm so bummed. DD2 will be just 3 weeks shy of her 3rd birthday. She is tiny for her age too. BBB & eating at Cinderellas castle was what I was looking forward to most for my girls. Are they really strict about being 3 years old? I don't really think there would be much of a difference if we went 3 weeks before her birthday or on her birthday. She's very well behaved, super sweet, a little shy, has really thick hair and she can sit still long enough for me to do French braids, pigtails, etc. & she loves princesses. I hate that she won't be able to do it. :( idk what to do, We were just going to do the 55$ package so I was just bringing dresses. Should I just bring DD2 a dress, then let DD1 do the whole BBB thing? Or just skip it all together, because i really dont want her to be left out? We have the appointment before the park opens so there won't really be anything for my 2 year old to do during that time (I don't think). Should I just cancel it? :/

I would do it for the older one. She is at a great age for it. I would explain to the little one as best you can that she is not old enough. I would go out before the trip and purchase her a tiarra (they have them at Claire's) and some press on nails or special nail polish and glitter hairspray and do her up before you go so that way she feels special too. Have fun :)

I would do it as long as she can sit still long enough for them to do it you can tell them she is turning 3 on this trip. ;) both my daughter and my niece went when they were almost 3 and they were fine and have enjoyed it every year since.

Worst case scenario you can buy her a ticket as if she were 3, and then you could do BBB.

If it were me, I would just follow the rules and would explain to her that fairy Godmothers know everything, and FG will know that she is not yet 3 and not ready for the magic. Then do as a PP suggested and make her as magical as possible, with all sorts of amazingly princessy things. Also, you could get her a gorgeous, custom dress, sneak it into your luggage so she doesn't know it's there and pretend that FG left her an amazing dress instead of an invitation to the salon. I'm talking full on princess dress with a hoop skirt, gloves, tiara, magic wand and all. Spend the $55 that way, and she'll be overjoyed.

The makeup is not approved for children under 3, so it is a liability issue. I've read several reports on here where they have not made any exceptions.

You could try buying her a child's ticket, not sure if that would work.

You could still dress her up, put her hair up and do her nails yourself if you want. They sell those same crowns BBB uses. Plus, if you ask they will sprinkle pixie dust in her hair for free. While waiting for my daughter’s appointment earlier this month I saw girls come by and get sprinkled.

I imagine you could put some of your older daughter’s left over makeup on her afterwards as long as you accept responsibility because of the liability issue. But the leftover makeup and nail polish does go home. Once you pay and leave there it belongs to you.

She can still have a great time at CRT. Being under 3 doesn’t affect that, just what they give her to eat. Because they don’t charge for children under 3, it is limited in what they can get to eat, unless you buy a meal. She’ll still get the wand and wishing star girls get at CRT as well. My son was 2 when we ate there and he still got a sword and wishing star.

If you have someone one going with you, I'd buy a tiara ahead of time and bring polish with you. Then leave your older daughter with another adult at BBB. Then I'd make a big deal out of letting your youngest daughter getting to choose WHATEVER ride she wants to ride, along with getting a fun dessert as well (even if it's morning!). Then I'd do the ride. If it's a long line then I'd do her hair and nails and tiara in line. Otherwise, I would do the ride and find a spot with a good background to do the hair and tiara and nails. Finish off with dessert. Then ask for Pixie dust to finish off her look. It won't be quite the same but at least she will feel special too with special mom time to boot.

she can sit still long enough for me to do French braids, pigtails, etc

Sounds like you would do a nicer job on her hair than the tight ballerina bun they do at BBB. Why not do her hair, etc, on your own that morning, while letting the CMs do your other daughter? The younger one will already look fancy while she watches her sister, and it could turn out just fine.

I don't believe Harmony Barbershop has an age limit. She could get a haircut there and then you could style it. We're bringing DS there for the "first haircut" package. He's only going to be 18 months.

I second harmony barber shop we have taken ours there twice- they will make her feel special too! Our youngest had her hair cut and styled there, they used to use colored gel and glitter (not sure anymore) and pulled her hair up. it was just fine and she enjoyed it too.

I'm the odd one out, but I think it would be very hard for an almost three year old to see her sister doing something she really wants to do too. As you said, before park opens, there is really nothing for her to do while her sister gets her make over. I would not count on them letting her do it anyway, and I would not lie in front of my kids.....So..... I would do them both in the room before breakfast and save BBB for the next trip. You can practice and do their hair the way you want it, buy a crown and make up, let them pick nail polish etc. If you do decide to let your older one do the BBB, I would send her with your DH or another adult, and find a quite place to do your younger child an equally special make-up with all the stuff you bring in.

I'm the odd one out, but I think it would be very hard for an almost three year old to see her sister doing something she really wants to do too. As you said, before park opens, there is really nothing for her to do while her sister gets her make over. I would not count on them letting her do it anyway, and I would not lie in front of my kids.....So..... I would do them both in the room before breakfast and save BBB for the next trip. You can practice and do their hair the way you want it, buy a crown and make up, let them pick nail polish etc. If you do decide to let your older one do the BBB, I would send her with your DH or another adult, and find a quite place to do your younger child an equally special make-up with all the stuff you bring in.

I agree to do both yourself this year. You can pick up a hair clip order dresses, stop at Sally's beauty supply for glitter spray. Then you won't have a heartbroken child.
:surfweb:

As a pp mentioned, the make up is not approved for children under 3. It's not that Disney doesn't want to allow it, it is a liability issue.

You know your children better than any of us. If you think your younger DD would be OK with older DD doing it and her not, then go ahead. If not, I would either book both at the Harmony Barber Shop and bring dresses and whatever else you need. It will be hard for a 3 year old to see her sister get all that attention and magic while she is left out.

Good luck, this is a difficult situation. I'm thinking I would have both do the same thing, whatever that is.

I'm the odd one out, but I think it would be very hard for an almost three year old to see her sister doing something she really wants to do too.

The child is 2. She probably doesn't even understand what BBB is. The OP said herself that the OP is sad her DD can't do it; she doesn't mention how her DD feels.

Get the one child ready; she'll be princessy first. Then she can watch it being done to the older daughter, because it's something for older kids. Someday the young one can do it, but not this time. But she'll be the princess first. ;)

2 year olds may not know what BBB is when you talk about it, but they sure would notice when their big sister gets to do it and they don't! I fight this battle daily with my almost 3 year old who wants to be just like her sisters! I would also say skip it. Dress them up yourself, they will love it no matter what!

If it was my girls my younger would have flipped if she watched her sister get all dolled up while she sat there. She understood that she couldn't always ride rides because she was too little and would wait them out with me or DH but watching something like that she would never understand liability etc. I'd skip it or visit Harmony Barbershop it or if you were going with an another adult one adult go do Harmony Barbershop with the little one and the other go to BBB with the older.

Have fun! :)

Skip it they pull the hair so tight shell prob hate it anyway go to the barber shop so much cheeper this way next time they both can enjoy it. She's 2 .i have a 6 year old I'm not even waisting my time or money I got her a dress for every night (dinner)we are there a Disney store brand at consinment / eBay/yard sales and I'm doing her hair and makeup for the price of one dress at bbb. She's going to be a princess everynight . Think how much fun that would be pulling out a new dress each day.

Have you called BBB and asked? I think when I called last to ask they had to be 3 within a certain time period... We went in July but her b-day is in November. That was not close enough. I have to say that she had just as much fun watching! There is so much going on and pixie dust everywhere...

I have to agree with those saying wait for the next time when both can enjoy it. Just seems too unfair to the almost 3 year old to have to watch sis get all that special attention during the process &/or afterwards walking around the park.

Although as I type I'm wondering, do they ever do the BBB without makeup? If it's only about the makeup liabiltity, then perhaps you could have both girls skip the makeup and just do hair/dress?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter