Bingo without playing

lorrie322

Earning My Ears
Are we allowed to go to bingo and NOT play? What if we brought in our own "cards" and crayons? My 3 year old LOVES bingo, but I'm not sure if he'll sit for a whole game, plus he's kind of slow at it. We have pre-printed cards already for his set at home and play, but I thought he might like to do it on the ship too. Just not sure if we'll be allowed if we aren't officially playing.

You can attend without playing. Obviously you just can't win. My mom went with me and loved just being there. The CM's make it a lot of fun!!

Yeah, once I came in late and just had a drink and waited for the next round to start.

Wouldn't be a problem at all! Surprisingly, they even let kids play, even though it is gambling...

TheLanes said:
Wouldn't be a problem at all! Surprisingly, they even let kids play, even though it is gambling...

Really! DD18 was hoping to play. Cool!

I think children can play, but only an adult can claim the prize if the card is a winner. So technically the adult is the player, not the child. :)

Well.... sort of. They can play, they can yell Bingo, but they cannot be the actual person who truly wins. There must be someone 18+ with them that is the technical player and winner.

- Dreams

Well.... sort of. They can play, they can yell Bingo, but they cannot be the actual person who truly wins. There must be someone 18+ with them that is the technical player and winner. - Dreams

You're right. Still a tad sketchy if you ask me.

Kids can't be close to machines in Vegas. Voids the jackpots if they were there first and then adult takes over.

I only went to one bingo session (it was really not my family's thing at all) but before the game even started they announced that there was a prize hidden under one of the chairs. Anyone who was in the room at the time could have won it even if they weren't playing. That was a fun little surprise.

mytripsandraces said:
Not really - kids can attend and participate, but only an adult 18 or over can purchase bingo cards or machines. Your 18-year-old will be fine, though.

Yeah, I told her no, because it's "gambling" and I thought the age for that was 21.
She will be thrilled. She is a little old lady at heart! ;-)

How much are the cards?

It depends on the session. There are also different packages. My parents and I bought a family package, which was the most expensive and it was $60 for 2 3-board paper sets (which equals 6 boards per game and there are 4 games per session) and 2 24-board machines (48 boards per game). I think the cheapest set was $30 for 1 6-board paper set (6 boards per game).

I love bingo but I wish there waver $$ attached to the game. I'd hate to sit in there and not pay. What if I got BINGO? Then I'd be upset that I didn't play!! Lol!

Well.... sort of. They can play, they can yell Bingo, but they cannot be the actual person who truly wins. There must be someone 18+ with them that is the technical player and winner.

- Dreams

aaah okay! this seems reasonable!

but what if there is a child.. that loves bingo and just shouts out bingo all the time :) :dance3:

On some cruises, if you spend X amount in the ship's stores you get a free bingo card, for the next session. Check the Navigators, for details.

aaah okay! this seems reasonable!

but what if there is a child.. that loves bingo and just shouts out bingo all the time :) :dance3:

Ah, Disney is ready for said child. :)

When someone yells Bingo, but doesn't actually have a Bingo, they will explain to the crowd that the person has a Bongo. LOL. And they have a little stuffed flamingo that they will bring out in honor of the Bongo. :)

Now, if the same child were to yell it over and over and over... that might be perhaps where a teaching moment from the parents would come in to play? :)

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter