Billy Hill and the Hillbillies

DLRfan31

A Pirate's Life for Me!
So, they are back at the Golden Horseshoe now?

When I first heard they would be back at Big Thunder Ranch, I didn't like the idea. But after seeing them there several times, I thought it was even better because there was so much more room. And it was funny when Billy would stop every time the train went by and tell everyone to yell.

I see by the calendar they are in the Horseshoe, which is fine but it gets so very crowded in there.

What is happening back at the Ranch? Anything?

We were there in early Feb and they were switching their time between Golden Horseshoe and Big Thunder Ranch. This was due to the Golden Horseshoe Revue though. Prior to that, they were in Big Thunder Ranch for (working backwards here) Christmas, Halloween, and the opening of the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Since I haven't been there this month yet, I'm not entirely sure if they're permanently situated in the Horseshoe. I preferred them at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree too :)

I was there Sunday the 24th. They were back in the Golden Horseshoe. We found a seat upstairs about 5 minutes before the last show without issue. It was hilarious! We had a great time as usual. Downstairs was pretty crowded though!

Big Thunder Ranch is being closed intermittently, due to the massive rehab going on at BTMRR, so I think they are planning on doing less back there for now.

So the ranch is closed because of BTMRR overhaul? I wonder why. Its not even attached.

It's probably just because it's difficult to get back there with the Trail being closed and all. The only way people would be able to access it would be to go through Fantasyland, and Disney probably doesn't think there would be enough people will be drawn there if one of the main pathways there is closed

Oh I didn't know the Trail was closed. But that makes sense I guess. Where is it blocked off? Just past the landing for the Mark Twain and Columbia?

had reservations at the Ranch for Tuesday April 2ns and got a call yesterday that they would be closed that day. The Ranch is only open on Saturdays and Sundays so we had to change our reservation.

I'm not entirely sure where it's blocked off, and yes, for right now the BBQ is only open Fri, Sat and Sun while the Trail is home to the big crane. I'm also not sure when the Trail will be reopened, as the weekday closures were supposed to end yesterday.

The trail is closed on the weekdays due to the BTMRR refurb. They use the trail to move heavy machinery, etc. When the trail is closed, they have to close the BBQ too.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Where are they located now? How often do they perform each day? I'm not going until mid June, but I would like to figure out how to see them this trip. Thanks!

The Ranch currently hosts the "Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree" a couple times a day on the weekends according to the times guide (but not on the website), but I'm not sure what it consists of besides character meet and greets. Last time I was back there, when the Billys were still there, some dancers came out and did a hoedown. Perhaps that is still happening.

I saw the Billys last Saturday, and Kirk made the comment that they are glad to be back at the Horseshoe, but they will be returning to the Ranch soon. I hope that means something new will be replacing them, maybe a permanent Revue-style show. Surely, they would not move the Billys back to the Ranch just to put Laughing Stock permanently inside, would they?

Also at that performance last Saturday, the Billys did a full half-hour set, INCLUDING Puddle Prance! It was one of the best sets I've seen from them in a long time. Some sign language signers were present for the hearing impaired, so the Billys did The Auctioneer which, as Kirk pointed out, is especially amusing when signed! Kirk also teased the signers, making them say ridiculous things. I'm not sure why we got a full show (Opening, Auctioneer, Orange Blossom Special w/ teeth, and Puddle Prance), but I hope to see more of it. I returned for a later show, and it was the reduced 20-minute set w/o Puddle Prance. That later show was also a very light crowd, maybe 15 of us (all regulars), most likely because the parade was going on at the time. Kirk entertained us with some Elvis, which is always fun.

Kirk? Come on man, don't ruin it for the kids. Everyone in that band is named Billy!

Since we're calling him Kirk - have any of you been to see his Elvis at the Continental Room? I'd love to go but can't get a group together on a weeknight and it seems like something crying out for a group of fun girls.

Any interest?? It's 1 thursday a month in fullerton - and not till 9 or so.
If you've seen it - how long is his show? Does he do multiple sets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter