Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - the Green Team is coming back this summer!

S. S. Columbia

DIS Veteran
The Green team is coming back* on Tuesday, June 19. :charac2:

From their Facebook page (link):

"It is true loyal fans...the Green team is back at Disneyland.
We'll be playing on Tuesday and wednesday at the Ranch.
The other teams will be performing there on the other days
so when ever you go you'll have fun. Hope to see you there."

Here is a video of the Green team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfwsXZWEXJ4 :charac2:

Billy Hilly and the Hillbillies will move to the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree on June 18.

And starting on June 19 there will be 3 teams again.

Green Team (Tues. & Wed.):
John Marshall- Bass/Fiddle
John Eaden- Front man
Duane Michaels- Mandolin/Fiddle
John David- Guitar/Banjo

Gold Team (Thurs./Fri./Sat.):
John Marshall- Bass/Fiddle
Kirk Wall- Front man
Duane Michaels- Mandolin/Fiddle
Dennis Fetchet - Fiddle/Mandolin

Blue Team (Sun. & Mon.):
Anders Swanson- Bass
Kirk Wall- Front man
Rick Storey- Banjo
Dennis Fetchet - Fiddle/Mandolin

Hat Tip to Malcon10t for the head's up. :goodvibes

BTW, Malcon10t's favs are the Green and the Gold teams.

* The Green team hasn't been regularly scheduled since Feb. 2009.

:earsboy:

YAY!
That was the group that we saw when our family went on our first Disneyland trip. We loved it!

I saw 'Elvis' Billy on my last trip. I know he's a favorite for many, but I preferred the other Billy!

Speaking of the Billies... :charac2:

Does anyone recognize this Billy? :goodvibes

IMG_4649.jpg

Friday, June 8, 2012, Photo credit: DisneyGeek.com (link)

Here's a youtube from disneygeek.com:

"I've Been Everywhere" (June 8, 2012)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DY1cOQCqFI&feature=player_embedded

DisneyGeek posted a few photos and a couple of videos at this link:
http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=57&update_dir=2012_06_08

I'll have to try to catch them, to see how they stack up. But honestly, I can't imagine Billy Hill without Kirk Wall!

-Bob

I'll have to try to catch them, to see how they stack up. But honestly, I can't imagine Billy Hill without Kirk Wall!

-Bob

Ditto. He is awesome. I can't wait to see him in 2 weeks. I started a thread a bit earlier regarding the new location since I couldn't find the old one. Does anyone have details?

What exactly, is the Green Team? From what I saw of the video it is a Christmas thing, but we are in the summer.

What exactly, is the Green Team? From what I saw of the video it is a Christmas thing, but we are in the summer.
The Green Team is led by John Eaden, and they're back after a 3-year hiatus. :wizard:

Malcon10t likes the Green Team, and that's good enough for me. :thumbsup2

The Green Team starts playing today (June 19) in the Big Thunder Ranch - Festival of Fools Arena.

They will be playing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout the summer. :charac2:

HTH :)

The Green Team is led by John Eaden, and they're back after a 3-year hiatus. :wizard:

Malcon10t likes the Green Team, and that's good enough for me. :thumbsup2

The Green Team starts playing today (June 19) in the Big Thunder Ranch - Festival of Fools Arena.

They will be playing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout the summer. :charac2:

HTH :)

But what is the difference between the "green team" and the regular show?

Kirk (Elvis) is my favorite. I am just not a fan of the green team nor the Laughing stock show. Sorry don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but that's just the way I feel. Good to see they will have variety though for everyone.

But what is the difference between the "green team" and the regular show?

Jen, the green team is the group that was performing during the girls trip a couple of years ago, when Jessica was called up on stage.
The blue and gold teams are who we saw on this last trip. HTH.

I have missed this every time we go, but am determined to see it on our next trip. are there any tips on how early to get there, which show times are best, etc? I WILL see it this time!

I have missed this every time we go, but am determined to see it on our next trip. are there any tips on how early to get there, which show times are best, etc? I WILL see it this time!
In the Golden Horseshoe, there were usually good seats available about 30 minutes before showtime.

I'm not familiar with the BTR Jamboree. I suspect 20 minutes before showtime should be o.k., but that's just a guess. :)

Jason (DisneyGeek.com) posted 10 photos and a short video.

Here are a couple of his photos:

"A wider shot to show the crowd. There were more guests in the area than I had seen the past
few weeks, but felt lighter than the crowds I usually see in the Horseshoe." - DisneyGeek (6/22)

IMG_5011.jpg

Photo credit - DisneyGeek.com - http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=32&update_dir=2012_06_22

IMG_4996.jpg

Photo credit - DisneyGeek.com - http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=29&update_dir=2012_06_22

Thanks! I keep reading about how great it is, but because we never make a plan, we never seem to get to it. It looks like maybe 30 minutes out would be good. We really need to see it this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter