Bikinis on thrill rides at water parks?

Mehudicka

YOU make the magic in others' lives everyday!
Hi, all.

My daugter (the little compact athletic 9-year-old sweet thing she is) -- loves wearing bikinis rather than one piece suits. I read that on the extreme water slides that one piece suits were advised. Is this true, or are bikinis OK?

Tell all!
Mehudicka

Going in 15 days!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Bikinis are not recommended. They fly up. Thankfully, my DD decided to buy a tankini suit for the trip - at least there's a slight chance it will stay put better than a regular bikini. Young girls love their bikinis - it's hard to sway them into a one-piece, I know.;)

We were at a local beach recently watching people go down the water slide. Lets just say at one point I had to cover my DS's eyes. :eek:
After that incident, Id go for a 1 piece at a water park.

Last time we were at TL I was standing at the bottom of the large slide and a girl completely lost her bikini top. The teenage boys standing next to me made the comment that they might stay there the rest of the day and watch people coming down.

If she isn't developed, it might not be that big a deal if her top went up (unless she is modest). Tell her that there is a good chance that could happen.

If she does have breasts, one-piece.

yes, it happens.. and often too when i was lifeguarding at blizzard beach. The three slides you have to worry about is Summit Plumit (the hugeeeee slide), slush gusher (the body slide next to the HUGE slide) and Snow Stormers when entering the splash pool (the mat ride where u zig and zag between the flags on your way down. I've never really seen it on any other attraction in the park though....:D

This problem is at every water park. Last week we were at Splash Country in Tennessee. I was waiting for DD12 to come down one of the bigger slides. It was quite amusing for me and all the other onlookers to watch each person as they hit the water at the bottom of the slide, furiously fixing their swimsuits. Everyone had a major wedgie to dig out LOL!!! More than one woman was almost topless, and ususally very embarrased. My girls wore one piece suits, but I think it would depend on how modest your daughter is. There are lots of CM's and other guests watching you enjoy the ride!!!

gshoemate,

::taking detailed notes::
Exactly which slide at TL was this? :eek: :o

Thanks!:jester:

I am so gonna get slapped in the back of my head for this post by my girlfriend.
:rolleyes:
this same problem happened to my GF once,i guess that best way to put this is she has 2 aftermarket parts that were added to her body. (im sorry i cant think of any really nice way to put it)
she was wearing a very nice 2 piece swimsuit to the waterpark that day and when she went down the waterslide,she ended up without her top.
now me being the really dumb guy i am i made the comment well hun you bought them you might as well show them off. (got the slap to the back of the head for that too)
so needless to say she now wears a very nice 1 piece swimsuit when ever we are at any pools or water parks.

:D :D :D

In the 1977-78 time frame I used to work for Martin Marietta on Sand Lake Road. About once a week 3-4 of us would take a trip down International Drive to a rather fledgling Wet and Wild. There were 2 speed slides within view from the street. Benches were also available (nice touch). We would grab our Big Macs (sandwiches of course) and enjoy the view! Usually during a half hour at least one top would fly off! I would say we were dirty old men but in reality we were quite young. Ah, the good old days!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter