Bikinis for busty teen girls?

My daughter has the same issues. She has found better fitting bras from a place online called bare necessaties. They have bathing suits too and she was thinking about ordering one but hasn't yet.

Thanks for all the great advise! I especially like the idea of buying a top that might be more expensive but fits and buying cheaper bottoms elsewhere. She's not into the matchy-matchy top and bottom anyway.

Target has a larger cup sized bikini online only. I like it because it the bottom is a tie, not a clip so I can tie it as tight/loose as I want.

I just bought my daughter, who is 18 and has a 34F bra size, several bikinis for spring break/our upcoming Disney trip/college near the beach. I bought one complete set (Fantasie brand) from herroom.com since her strapless bra is the same brand and fits her well. I also bought tops from Amazon (I also have Prime so they shipped fast) in Cleo and Panache brands which were patterned. She matched them to solid bottoms from Target. I think she told me that the Panache was the most supportive, followed by the Cleo and the Fantasie. They were still a bit pricey ($35-$45) but if I have to choose between paying a little more and her being exposed, I'll pay a little more. She's small everywhere else but unfortunately inherited the large chest from me, and she absolutely hates the fact that she can't just go to the store and pick up bikinis on sale to fit her. I will say that shopping online gave me the best deals and when I ordered the wrong size at first from Amazon on the Cleo top, it was absolutely no problem to send back the one that didn't fit and replace it with the next larger size. Hope that helps-good luck!

You've gotten some great suggestions. I'm a similar size and I often have swimsuits altered - it is worth it for the right fit! VS is good. I grew up in So Cal so local surf shops were a good place to find quality suits that fit well - not sure where you live but if you have something like that it would be worth checking out.

You already got a lot of good advice, but I can't help throwing in my 2 cents. Back when I felt okay enough with myself to wear bikinis, I always got halter tops with a thick bottom band. I found they had the best coverage and support. In initially went for pricey brands like VS, but once I found a cut that worked for me, it turned out that even a cheap Target top that was the right cut did the job. My advice is for your DD to make sure she's in a good mood before suit shopping because it can take time and patience to find a suit top that fits and provides good support.

DD (not busty) just bought her suit at Esther Williams. com! I was shocked that she wanted such a bikini - retro indeed, she informed me that Taylor Swift have made them "popular" anyway, hers is a good halter top, and it covers the belly button, and the inside has a bit of "spanx" added...

Another vote for Victoria's Secret-they are a little pricy but usually have tons of sizes and options, and the one I got a few years ago is still in great shape so they are a decent quality

I'm almost the exact same size as your daughter, and I am always worried about modesty with swimsuits. I've found that AE, hollister, etc. just don't really make swimsuits for curvy girls. But the most important thing to look for is a good style for support. Halters, bandeaus, and underwire styles are best. String styles are awful, and the balconette type are really bad, too. Gap, J. Crew, and Old Navy carry lots of good options. VS is hit or miss--some of theirs are great, but others are awful. If you have the money, you should look at Betsey Johnson suits, too. They're adorable and supportive. You could also take her to a store like Everything But Water, so she can try on lots of options by various designers.

I bought my swim tops at Dillard's. They sell a brand that only makes tops by bra sizes. They have traditional bikini tops and tankini style. I purchased them over 6 years ago and they still look great. I got ops in easy to match black and white so finding bottoms to go with them are easy. They come in bra sizes 32D and up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter