• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bikes On Cc

lisa08

Earning My Ears
BIKES ON CC HAS ANYONE rented bikes on cc. Is there alot to see, is ot worth the six bucks.

My ds 8 & I did and we had fun, we went to the eeeeeeeeend of the island where we stopped and took pictures and did some bonding...

I think it was well worth it just for the quality time spent....

There were some sites on the way....an airplane, able to see where Serenty bay and the massage cabana's were.

My DW rented a bike on our last cruise back in '01. She thought it was a nice ride.

I believe they are just mountain bikes - there is a paved road for you to follow, so you don't need to take them into the sand.

We had a great time on the bikes. DEFINITELY worth the money, IMO.

My wife and I will be renting the bikes on the Member's Cruise in October.

They do have a package....snorkel, tube rental for the day, and bikes for an hour. We had that booked, but it was a little to cold to snorkel or sit in the water, so we cancelled and went with the bikes and did the paddleboat.

CIMG3068.jpg

CIMG3070.jpg

The length of the total path is only about 2 miles (2 miles out and 2 miles back) and that includes the section of the runway.

So if you own your own bikes and ride any distance on a regular basis, I think you'll find it too boring (we did).

We did it on our last cruise and will definately do it again this time. It was a relaxing way to see the rest of the island... and work of the double desserts at dinner!

We did the bikes too and had a great time! They also didn't seem to check the time, we may have gone over the hour....but they didn't charge us more. Can't wait to do it in November again! I have told my small nieces that they need to learn to ride a "big girl's bike" by cruise time!! :cool1:

professorandmom said:
I worry July will be too hot to want to bike...any experienced July cruisers who also biked?
Barb
We were there last July and paid for the package and never got around to riding. It was hot, but I think that it would have been fine to ride the bikes, we just ran out of time to do things.

We rode the bikes in August and it was very hot. I'd have to say though, it made us peddle that much faster just to get a slight breeze!! We enjoyed ourselves and our DD can't wait to do it again next time however, not in August.

UNIXADM- Where did you rent that 4-seater bike in your pictures? That looks like a fun family time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter