Bike racks

adriawest

Earning My Ears
Anyone have suggestions for a good bike rack? We're going to try to bring all 4 of ours, and are looking for the kind that attaches to a fifth wheel ladder....thanks in advance.

Sorry, mine has the pullout rack mounted under the trailer. Hopefully somebody will be along shortly and can help you better than I can.

I would also like to know about a good bike rack as well, but I only have a TT not a 5er so suggestions there are also welcome.

We have a 2 bike rack that works with a 2" receiver hitch I have bolted on to the back bumper of my 5er, works pretty good. Bought the receiver at Camping World, and the bike rack came from Walmart, it's the V-shaped style that hold the bike by the wheels. I also have a ladder mount rack, don't really trust to to hold a heavy beach cruisers style bikes, (I'm a big guy so I have to have a 1 ton bike haha). The ends that hold it onto the ladder are plastic, if was a Christmas gift that came from Camping World. If I used it I would also strap my bikes down to the ladder for safety.

We have a 2 bike rack that works with a 2" receiver hitch I have bolted on to the back bumper of my 5er, works pretty good. Bought the receiver at Camping World, and the bike rack came from Walmart, it's the V-shaped style that hold the bike by the wheels. I also have a ladder mount rack, don't really trust to to hold a heavy beach cruisers style bikes, (I'm a big guy so I have to have a 1 ton bike haha). The ends that hold it onto the ladder are plastic, if was a Christmas gift that came from Camping World. If I used it I would also strap my bikes down to the ladder for safety.
Thanks. My husband was worried about the ladder rack's stability as well.

The Jayco came with it installed. There was an option for that or a receiver hitch. Actually, it will only hold 3 bikes if they are full size. Smaller bikes will fit more. Usually we put the bikes in the back of the truck and use the rack at the rear of the camper for the tables, grill, or if I take the gas cooker.

I would also like to know about a good bike rack as well, but I only have a TT not a 5er so suggestions there are also welcome.

Do you tow with a truck? When we had a TT and truck we tried two different in-bed methods - 1st was a PVC bike rack we made where the bikes just stood in the rack. It was nice because we could then use the rack on the ground at the CG to keep the bikes parked neatly (DH and I don't have kick stands). Eventually the PVC cracked and instead of making it again with a thicker schedule PVC we opted for a series of fork mounts screwed to a 2x4 that was cut to fit the width of the bed. We had to mess with taking the front wheels off, but it was a bit more stable. Though it didn't offer that neat storage at the campsite like I liked with the PVC.

PVC was something like this:
http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?21860-**OLD**-PVC-Bike-Rack

Fork mounts were like this:
http://www.bikeforums.net/mountain-biking/156035-good-truck-bed-bike-rack-new-equip.htmll

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter