• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

Okay.... I finally made it. I'm here. But, of course, I have no time right now to do lots of replies.... but hopefully tomorrow.

Hello to all of my "old" BL friends and I look forward to meeting all of you new folks! Sorry I've gotta run again now.... busy, busy weekend. TTYL.........P

today is moving day, right??

I was confused too. I saw Rose's post about moving and was like "I though we were moving on monday". Then after catching up on the first few pages here I realized it is Monday.:lmao:

I will be so confused tomorrow.:rotfl:

Hi ladies !!! :goodvibes Please count me in for the Summer Challenge. My BFF is still here visiting but she is leaving tomorrow.

We have had a FANTASTIC 50th birthday extravaganza trip around Europe and we got home late last night.

Im so glad you had a wonderful trip with your girlfriend Shawn. I am amazed that you lost weight how impressive.:thumbsup2

We went 4 miles at a run 4/ walk 30 sec interval. I think the average ended up being right around 11:00, so pretty slow compared to earlier in the spring. But my goal was to go 4 miles. My knee got sore pretty quickly and then just stayed there. No real pain.:banana: If it wasn't for the fact that I have battled the itbs for so long now, I would have just ignored it. The really exciting news is the soreness went away during the walk breaks and NOTHING hurts now.:banana: I am cautiously optimistic, for the first time in a long time now! We'll see what the doctor says--he might still say more time off, but I'm hoping he says I can keep running for now.:goodvibes I did my rehab exercises and stretched and used the foam roller--so I'm following the rules!

Yay Im glad to hear the knee is slowly improving.:thumbsup2

PS: I have a habit of coming up with nick names for people even when they dont really have one. A few times I was tempted to call you Rosie but I didnt want you to throw virtual rocks at me.:lmao::lmao:

Talked to my sister a few minutes ago and they got my mom into a wheelchair and the new meds seem to be helping. She had a visitor and a friend from up here had called so I will talk to her later if she's up to it.

Glad to hear she got up a bit today.

I have had such an amazing weekend. Nothing spectacular to report. Just beautiful weather and time with the family. It is so nice to just be able to spend relaxing time together and not have to rush from here to there.

Today I did alot of work on getting our house ready for summer. Cleaned the back patio/grill/furniture. Planted and weeded the rest of the garden. Scrubbed my bathroom and kitchen from head to toe. It feels so good to have a clean house inside and out.:goodvibes

Next up is making a meal plan and going to the grocery store. I most likely will do this on thursday after I get paid. My plan is to kick some butt this challenge and loose some major pounds. Im tired of my excuses!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to keep chatting with my old friends and make some new ones too.

I'd love to join as a loser. I am trying to lose about 30 pounds. I started W.W. this past Saturday but I need all the accountibility that I can get. Thanks!

I'm in! I didn't do so well last challenge either, pretty much just a big fat maintain. Hopefully I can pick it up a bit this time. I at least just need to get out of this stupid decade, lol!
Kelli

Hello Friends! I'm excited to jump on over to the new thread and the new challenge!! I'm heading to Great Adventure (Six Flags) tomorrow to chaparone the Senior trip so I probably won't make it back on the boards until Wednesday (by the time we get home and then I have to bake for the community service luncheon on Wednesday!). So, I wish you all a Happy Tuesday filled with great choices :) Although I wonder what I will exactly be eating at an amusement park that is classified as a "great" choice :confused3
I'll let you know how it goes!

[Hi Nancy! I will make a SELCOEYWBS category just for you.;)
:rotfl2:I love it. I'll be in this club too, and hopefully a loser also!

Thank you Rose, CC, Dona, Connie and Lisa for running this challenge. It is so appreciated, and really helpful to so many of us.:hug:

Good Tuesday morning.

I know I didn't get on here yesterday and I am sorry. After my visit with my in laws I was feeling a little down. My nephew is getting married June 2012. He will be 34 in Dec so it is nice to see him settle down. But we found the my neice in Kansas may be getting married Fall 2012. In nj terms she is young since she will only be 23 but to many parts of the country this is normal.

The part that got me down was that I want to go to that wedding which will involve a plane trip and a long weekend away. An expense I wasn't expecting. Just when we started thinking about going to DW next summer. I don't know if we can handle both along with the last year of tuition. We know not many people in the family will be able to make it so we really want to go but it will really not be a vacation and after 2 summers with no real vacations I really need one. I am even thinking about tutoring next year to make some extra money. We shall see.

Yesterday was a nice day. We had no real plans. I got the frig cleaned out and went grocery shopping. We then went to the local Memorial Day ceremony where we got to talk to some friends who are on the First Aid Squad. we then went and bought a new vacuum. This one vacuum costs as much as all the vacuums we have bought since we got married. BUT it got up the dog hair we have been drowning in. Never knew a short haired dog could shed so much but this new vacuum did a great job so we are happy. :woohoo::woohoo:

Welcome to the new challenge. I will be cleaning out my inbox to get ready for the weights on Friday.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Morning all,

Got up and did the 2 mile WATP with weights this morning. That's a start for me. Also should be walking tonight at the track during Izzie's soccer practice.

Mom got into the wheelchair twice yesterday. Not sure if she was going to the drs today. They may try a different radiation place. Hopefully one that will listen to her. I'm sending her a package on Thursday. The girls drew pictures and Izzie made her a bird in Sunday school. We also bought her a "Lady" stuffed dog to cuddle with. Not sure yet if I will be taking Izzie with me. Ash will be getting her braces while I am gone. I'll mail a box of stuff down for me when I go so I can just do a carry on. I will need my aloe and shake and tea with me and some other things.

Gotta get Ash moving. I was smart and made the girls' lunches last night so all I have to do is throw them in the bags.

Better get off this computer now. If I have time I will be back on later!

TTFN :tigger:

I have had such an amazing weekend. Nothing spectacular to report. Just beautiful weather and time with the family. It is so nice to just be able to spend relaxing time together and not have to rush from here to there.

Today I did alot of work on getting our house ready for summer. Cleaned the back patio/grill/furniture. Planted and weeded the rest of the garden. Scrubbed my bathroom and kitchen from head to toe. It feels so good to have a clean house inside and out.:goodvibes

Next up is making a meal plan and going to the grocery store. I most likely will do this on thursday after I get paid. My plan is to kick some butt this challenge and loose some major pounds. Im tired of my excuses!!!!!!!!!

glad you had a great weekend! awesome! i'm jealous of all the cleaning you did. i have some sort of mental block against cleaning. my house is really gross right now and i should just clean for goodness sake but i don't wanna i don't wanna i don't wanna!!!

I'd love to join as a loser. I am trying to lose about 30 pounds. I started W.W. this past Saturday but I need all the accountibility that I can get. Thanks!

hi and welcome! this place is great for accountability! i mean, i always feel bad when i come on and say i ate mcdonalds ;)

I'm in! I didn't do so well last challenge either, pretty much just a big fat maintain. Hopefully I can pick it up a bit this time. I at least just need to get out of this stupid decade, lol!
Kelli

hi kelli! you'll do great this time!! :)

Hello Friends! I'm excited to jump on over to the new thread and the new challenge!! I'm heading to Great Adventure (Six Flags) tomorrow to chaparone the Senior trip so I probably won't make it back on the boards until Wednesday (by the time we get home and then I have to bake for the community service luncheon on Wednesday!). So, I wish you all a Happy Tuesday filled with great choices :) Although I wonder what I will exactly be eating at an amusement park that is classified as a "great" choice :confused3

i haven't been to great adventure in such a long time. i loved HS trips and summer trips during college with friends. that batman ride was always my favorite!

have fun chaperoning. as i've gotten older i've had less and less tolerance for high school kids at amusements parks (and mostly because i realize how obnoxious i was :guilty:)

my neighbor just took her kids there the other day but i wonder if my 2 year old would be too young for the kiddie rides.

have a great time!!

Thank you Rose, CC, Dona, Connie and Lisa for running this challenge. It is so appreciated, and really helpful to so many of us.:hug:

morning kathy! welcome to my club. lol! it is definitely not exclusive. a while back after i figured out that i had PCOS and needed to really watch what i ate i lost a bunch of weight. people asked me which diet i did and i would tell them it was my newly patented "but the donut down, fatty" diet. lol.

Good Tuesday morning.

I know I didn't get on here yesterday and I am sorry. After my visit with my in laws I was feeling a little down. My nephew is getting married June 2012. He will be 34 in Dec so it is nice to see him settle down. But we found the my neice in Kansas may be getting married Fall 2012. In nj terms she is young since she will only be 23 but to many parts of the country this is normal.

The part that got me down was that I want to go to that wedding which will involve a plane trip and a long weekend away. An expense I wasn't expecting. Just when we started thinking about going to DW next summer. I don't know if we can handle both along with the last year of tuition. We know not many people in the family will be able to make it so we really want to go but it will really not be a vacation and after 2 summers with no real vacations I really need one. I am even thinking about tutoring next year to make some extra money. We shall see.

Yesterday was a nice day. We had no real plans. I got the frig cleaned out and went grocery shopping. We then went to the local Memorial Day ceremony where we got to talk to some friends who are on the First Aid Squad. we then went and bought a new vacuum. This one vacuum costs as much as all the vacuums we have bought since we got married. BUT it got up the dog hair we have been drowning in. Never knew a short haired dog could shed so much but this new vacuum did a great job so we are happy. :woohoo::woohoo:

Welcome to the new challenge. I will be cleaning out my inbox to get ready for the weights on Friday.

aw, that is stinky about the wedding stuff. we just missed my cousin's wedding because it was in naples, florida and just completely out of our budget. i mean, we had hawaii to go to afterall ;)

it is funny how in different regions of the country the average age for people getting married varies! i went to college in NC and most of my friends were engaged by senior year! and it just baffled me! i felt like i graduated and i was an old maid! but up here getting married at 22 just means you got knocked up! lol!

good morning everyone. it is a beautiful day! we have our last tuesday class of mommy and me (i teach a mon/wed class, a tuesday, and a thursday) today. after this week, our days will be totally free. my plan is to spend the mornings going for walks. i started running last year in june and did the C25k with thomas in a regular stroller. after about two months, my aunt and uncle bought me a jogger! it's a cheapie and very bulky but it works! i wound up doing it all summer and just kept going until the princess half! of course, the long runs were not in the jogger. anyway, unless it's too hot i'm planning on getting out as many days as possible. i don't know that i'll run but at least getting a walk in will be great.

that's my exercise plan. i think everyone is better off in this house when i get some exercise in! in fact, i'm going to get off here and get going. if i leave in the next 10 min i can get my walk in before mommy and me. cutting it close but since we only have a party today i don't really need to get there early :)

have a great day!!

Hi all! I'd like to be a big LOSER! ;)
Welcome!:goodvibes
Okay.... I finally made it. I'm here. But, of course, I have no time right now to do lots of replies.... but hopefully tomorrow.

Hello to all of my "old" BL friends and I look forward to meeting all of you new folks! Sorry I've gotta run again now.... busy, busy weekend. TTYL.........P
Good to see you, Pamela!:goodvibes
I was confused too. I saw Rose's post about moving and was like "I though we were moving on monday". Then after catching up on the first few pages here I realized it is Monday.:lmao:

I will be so confused tomorrow.:rotfl:

Im so glad you had a wonderful trip with your girlfriend Shawn. I am amazed that you lost weight how impressive.:thumbsup2

Yay Im glad to hear the knee is slowly improving.:thumbsup2

PS: I have a habit of coming up with nick names for people even when they dont really have one. A few times I was tempted to call you Rosie but I didnt want you to throw virtual rocks at me.:lmao::lmao:

Glad to hear she got up a bit today.

Sounds like a fabulous weekend, Lindsay! And I don't do Rosie, but Mike and my sisters call me Roe, or Roey. Kind of a weird name, I know. Mostly I just go by Rose or Mom.:thumbsup2

Welcome! We have several people who do WW on here.:goodvibes

Kelli
Good to see you Kelli! A maintain is not a gain, but I hope you are a BIG Loser this time!

Have fun at Six Flags!:goodvibes

I hope you had a good weekend Kathy!:goodvibes

Good Tuesday morning.

Hi Dona! Did you you have a nice birthday?

Morning all,

Got up and did the 2 mile WATP with weights this morning. That's a start for me. Also should be walking tonight at the track during Izzie's soccer practice.

Mom got into the wheelchair twice yesterday. Not sure if she was going to the drs today. They may try a different radiation place. Hopefully one that will listen to her. I'm sending her a package on Thursday. The girls drew pictures and Izzie made her a bird in Sunday school. We also bought her a "Lady" stuffed dog to cuddle with. Not sure yet if I will be taking Izzie with me. Ash will be getting her braces while I am gone. I'll mail a box of stuff down for me when I go so I can just do a carry on. I will need my aloe and shake and tea with me and some other things.

Gotta get Ash moving. I was smart and made the girls' lunches last night so all I have to do is throw them in the bags.

I bet your Mom will love the Lady dog, Tracey!

good morning everyone. it is a beautiful day! we have our last tuesday class of mommy and me (i teach a mon/wed class, a tuesday, and a thursday) today. after this week, our days will be totally free. my plan is to spend the mornings going for walks. i started running last year in june and did the C25k with thomas in a regular stroller. after about two months, my aunt and uncle bought me a jogger! it's a cheapie and very bulky but it works! i wound up doing it all summer and just kept going until the princess half! of course, the long runs were not in the jogger. anyway, unless it's too hot i'm planning on getting out as many days as possible. i don't know that i'll run but at least getting a walk in will be great.

that's my exercise plan. i think everyone is better off in this house when i get some exercise in! in fact, i'm going to get off here and get going. if i leave in the next 10 min i can get my walk in before mommy and me. cutting it close but since we only have a party today i don't really need to get there early :)

have a great day!!
Good exercise plan! Enjoy your walk! We got married very young--but that was was 24 years ago! And I must say, a lot of folks assumed I was pregnant. So annoying. We actually didn't have Tom for 4 years and by then people were asking us when we were going to have kids! It got really annoying!

Ok, I'm out of time. I hope everyone has a great day!

Here's a bonus QOTD
Are you On Plan now, or are you waiting until the challenge starts and having a last day or two of splurging?

Here's a bonus QOTD
Are you On Plan now, or are you waiting until the challenge starts and having a last day or two of splurging?
Great question. I am on plan now. There is always something to wait until after, the weekend, the fourth of july, vacation in august. But I just had a fantastic weekend. The beginning of summer, the weather here was amazing.
I actually was not totally out of control over the weekend. I thought of your advice, Rose, and waited 5 minutes before eating several times, and that definitely helped with the mindless eating. I was pretty active too, so proud of that. I did about 4 miles run/walk sat then we biked for a while in the afternoon. Went out sun morning for a short ride, and yesterday we walked in the town parade, probably a mile and a half, and went to a friends to swim, but her dh was there, so she and i ran/walked 3.4 miles. It's funny, my legs seem to handle it ok, but it was late morning, and the heat was brutal, but we did it. Then we stretched in the pool. My weight was up on saturday, and now I'm back down to where I ended the spring challenge, so happy with that.

I wish I had more time for replies this morning. This baseball schedule is interfering with my dis time. ;) Actually it's making me think I need a cell phone with internet before next year. I'll even learn how to text too.:rotfl2:

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It definitely was a great start to summer, and the week ahead here looks gorgeous too. It will be nice not to freeze at the park.

Bronxnancy- I was doing the math, and 7 pounds in 14 weeks, gives you 26 more weeks, even if you continued at that same rate, you'd only be up 21 pounds, or less. Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing great, and are making a beautiful little baby. :cloud9:

LTSCongrats on your race!! Saw the pics on the other thread, and you look great. So proud of you.

Lisah-Congrats on completing your half marathon!! So happy for you!!

I just started a book called Cinderella Rules, and thought of many of you when I read the first rule, especially you CC. :hug:
While life occassionally makes it appear otherwise, no one has control over your life... but you. Make decisions with care, because in the end, you have only yourself to blame for the outcome. I thought it was a good rule for weight loss/healthy living, and many other areas of our lives.

Not enough time this morning, so got to run. Have a fabulous day everyone!!

Here's a bonus QOTD

depends on what your definition of "on" is...:rotfl:

i'm trying to make good choices. i made a really delicious dinner last night and i'd say it was "medium" healthy. i got it from the south beach cookbook. it's lemon couscous chicken. instead of adding the chopped cooked chicken into the couscous i made some breaded chicken cutlet and served that on top of the lemon couscous (which was fabulous and had tons of broccoli in it). sure, the chicken was breaded and fried but i made it with those panko bread crumbs and it was yummy!

tonight it pork chops and brown rice and i'm shooting for good choices all day. of course we have a mommy and me party but i will just have to say no to the cupcakes!

Great question. I am on plan now. There is always something to wait until after, the weekend, the fourth of july, vacation in august. But I just had a fantastic weekend. The beginning of summer, the weather here was amazing.
I actually was not totally out of control over the weekend. I thought of your advice, Rose, and waited 5 minutes before eating several times, and that definitely helped with the mindless eating. I was pretty active too, so proud of that. I did about 4 miles run/walk sat then we biked for a while in the afternoon. Went out sun morning for a short ride, and yesterday we walked in the town parade, probably a mile and a half, and went to a friends to swim, but her dh was there, so she and i ran/walked 3.4 miles. It's funny, my legs seem to handle it ok, but it was late morning, and the heat was brutal, but we did it. Then we stretched in the pool. My weight was up on saturday, and now I'm back down to where I ended the spring challenge, so happy with that.

I wish I had more time for replies this morning. This baseball schedule is interfering with my dis time. ;) Actually it's making me think I need a cell phone with internet before next year. I'll even learn how to text too.:rotfl2:

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It definitely was a great start to summer, and the week ahead here looks gorgeous too. It will be nice not to freeze at the park.

Bronxnancy- I was doing the math, and 7 pounds in 14 weeks, gives you 26 more weeks, even if you continued at that same rate, you'd only be up 21 pounds, or less. Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing great, and are making a beautiful little baby. :cloud9:

LTSCongrats on your race!! Saw the pics on the other thread, and you look great. So proud of you.

Lisah-Congrats on completing your half marathon!! So happy for you!!

I just started a book called Cinderella Rules, and thought of many of you when I read the first rule, especially you CC. :hug:
While life occassionally makes it appear otherwise, no one has control over your life... but you. Make decisions with care, because in the end, you have only yourself to blame for the outcome. I thought it was a good rule for weight loss/healthy living, and many other areas of our lives.

i really enjoyed this post, kathy. thanks. i love how positive you always are!! :cheer2:

you had a really active weekend which is very inspiring. that book sounds interesting, just from that one quote! i'm going to go google it now!

i love my iphone and highly recommend it! i love to be able to take pics on a whim and post them to facebook. in case you haven't noticed i'm on facebook WAY too much!

just got back from my workout. it was really slow and i felt kinda icky actually. i wound up jogging about 2.5 miles in 30 min! that's pretty slow for me but hey, pushing a jogger ain't easy. i do my jogs around maritime college and it is beautiful down there today! it's completely on the water has awesome views of the manhattan skyline and and out towards queens. there were TONS of trucks down there and i could tell that inside the fort in the courtyard they were filming something. cool! of course nosey nancy asks my buddy the security guard what it was and he told me royal pains. my mom watches that show so i'll be sure to tell her.

anywho, off to shower and get ready for mommy and me.

gosh, i could waste all day on the DIS. i find myself on here so much, especially when i'm planning a trip!!

Morning all-

Not much exciting to report. My new goal each day at work is to walk the stairs from the first floor to the roof (16 stories) atleast once a day.. Dang it hurt the first day but between that and getting back to my 30-60 min of hard exercise a day I should start to feel better again... (course if I'd stop working 60 hrs a week itd be easier to fit it in..)

-em

QOTD:I am back on plan today! Just gotta control my stress eating! I had my last splurge yesterday when we went to the Cheesecake Factory. Going to be a crazy next few weeks with school and dancing and working on top of that. Then it will getting ready to go to my Mom's for a week. Going to check flights everyday to see what I can get for deals. My best bet now is SW out of Manchester for $79 each way. That's cheaper than Jet Blue which is having a sale that doesn't work with the days I can travel.

Two clients today so that should make the day go by fast.

Got the school newsletter that said there is a 5th grade concert next Tuesday night. So Ash will have to miss her last soccer practice and dance class. Not happy as I had asked Ashleigh to ask the chorus director if there was going to be another concert and he told her no. And once again, they only give us a week's notice. Why can't this school get their acts together!

Need to get this crankiness out of my system so I feel better for my clients.

In the Biggest Loser Summer Challenge, I am. :yoda:

You know there is a boy in the house when Mom can quote Yoda!! :rotfl:

I still need a coach for the week of 6/17 if anyone is interested.

I could do that week if you still need someone. I'll PM you.

looks like i'm posting again (sometimes i wonder if i have internet B.O. when i post and nobody posts after me)

:lmao: Good one!

today is moving day, right??

looking forward to a new challenge. i am up SEVEN pounds in the last month. i can't seem to get a handle on my food. i mean, look, i get that i'm pregnant but up 7 pounds for only being 14 weeks is just crazy. i gained alot with my first and it took me until the day before i found out i was pregnant with my second to get to my goal weight!

Seven pounds isn't terrible. And maybe now that vacation is over, you could slow down the weight gain or even maintain (as long as that is healthy for the bambino, of course).

i woke up this morning and after getting on the scale and seeing that number i put on my workout clothes and was headed out the door. and like something out of a movie, BOOM! CRASH! DOWNPOUR! really? what a way to start the challenge.

Sometimes it does seem like the exercise "force" is against us, doesn't it. Twice last week I ended up missing my workout because "stuff" jumped in the way. But I'm NOT going to let that happen this week!!

well, after my coffee i'm going to get on the elliptical (ick) for a while and sweat it out here at home. it's HOT and HUMID in that room. we have a ton of errands to do and one of them includes grocery shopping. i've made my menu plan for the week and have a list of healthy foods for the the week.

must get this butt (and gut) in gear! it's going to be a LONG summer chasing around a toddler and i need to get back in shape!

Don't get too overheated though!

Hi ladies !!! Please count me in for the Summer Challenge. My BFF is still here visiting but she is leaving tomorrow.

We have had a FANTASTIC 50th birthday extravaganza trip around Europe and we got home late last night.

Most fantastic of all is I lost 1.6 pounds during the trip !!!

I only have 1.2 to lose to reach 30 pounds !!!

I've only read page one so far of this thread but I am looking forward to catching up with everyone soon. I will be posting a brief trip report too even though it wasn't a Disney trip. You can read or not as you like. We had so much fun and no problems at all which is a miracle.

See you soon!

Shawn

I'm so happy to hear that you had a good visit with your BFF AND you lost weight!! Plus you saw lots of interesting sights..... I'm jealous of all three!! And maybe you'll hit your 30 pounds during the first week of this challenge and make all of the newbies green with envy!! ;)

:
Guess what I am doing--yep, icing my knees. BUT I am absolutely THRILLED. to say that we had a reasonable run today! We have got to start getting up earlier, though. We got to the park around 8:15 and it was already 76 and a billion percent humidity. But I am not complaining. I'd much rather be hot than cold! Mike said the heat might have actually helped my knee a bit.

We went 4 miles at a run 4/ walk 30 sec interval. I think the average ended up being right around 11:00, so pretty slow compared to earlier in the spring. But my goal was to go 4 miles. My knee got sore pretty quickly and then just stayed there. No real pain. If it wasn't for the fact that I have battled the itbs for so long now, I would have just ignored it. The really exciting news is the soreness went away during the walk breaks and NOTHING hurts now.:banana: I am cautiously optimistic, for the first time in a long time now! We'll see what the doctor says--he might still say more time off, but I'm hoping he says I can keep running for now. I did my rehab exercises and stretched and used the foam roller--so I'm following the rules!

I think I am going to hold off and start the QOTD, maybe on Thursday. Let everyone recover from the holiday weekend.

Have a great day!

Rose..... you are sounding so much more positive and more like yourself in this post. I'm pleased that the running is working out lately..... but be sure not to over-do! You are really inspiring me lately with your determination. So many people would have just given it all up when faced with all of the challenges you have had lately both with food and exercise. I am constantly thinking "would Rose approve of this choice?" "What would Rose do?" I am proud to call you FRIEND.:hug:

Good morning all. So I feel a little blue this morning. Even though I am behaving much better I still see the numbers creep up a bit each morning so I am going to have to break out the old food journal and start writing things down again. I tried a new breakfast with a 1/2 cup egg beaters south western style and a low carb small tortilla and a few bits of diced onion. It was pretty tasty...now we just have to see how long it keeps me full for. It is only 2 points on WW which is the plan that I am on so that still gives me plenty of points for the rest of the day. My dh is making a pulled chicken sandwich for lunch. It is a yummy WW recipe we found and we use the thin buns instead of bread to hold it together.

A little about me for those who don't know me. I am a married mother of two. My son just turned 6 and will be entering 1st grade in the fall. My daughter is almost 3 and is very funny and stuborn! My son is my disney lover...even going on rides my dh is too nervous to go on like tower of terror! I used to be a travel agent and my specialty was Disney so I was able to do an onsite trip to WDW and toured one of the ships quite a while ago. My family is going on our first Disney Cruise and WDW trip in November so we are very excited about that.

I have been on my weight loss journey for just over 2 years now. The first year went great but this past year I have actually gone up and down about 30 lbs...right now I am up so am down about 85 over all right now though I have been down as much as 111 at one time. I have decided to start from where I am as of the begining of this challenge so when I weigh in on friday that will be my 0 and I will go from there. I had great success two summers ago with this challenge and hopefully it will bring me the same motivation as it did last time.

I look forward to getting to know you all as the challenge progresses!

SarahMay

P.S. Oh, and for those of you who know who we are...I am a DIS Diva!

Hey..... glad to see you back with us! Think POSITIVE about the 85 pounds you have kept off and just take it from there! So many people come back to a weight loss challenge having gained EVERYTHING plus 20 or 30 pounds.... so you are ahead of the game!!

Hi Everyone!

I am definitely in as a loser. I will be coaching Healthy Habits again and have some ideas to keep things fun this summer.

A little about me...my name is Christina but everyone calls me CC. It just takes too long to say my full name. I work in quality control. I used to teach special education, but when no one was hiring after I finished my full-time master's program, I got a job in quality control and loved it. That was a temporary position and I started a full-time one just after Thanksgiving of 2010. I love my new job and love my co-workers too. I am doing some training as well. I also spend a lot of time crunching numbers and running statistical analysis. I have a big presesntation due in a few weeks that will really test my statistics knowledge.

My big plan for today is to clean my bedroom. I toss and turn A LOT at night (I've been having big problems with nightmares lately) and have managed to knock my sheets off my bed. So, I need to change my sheets and pick up all the junk on my floor.

Then, I'd like to get in some exercise. I'm supposed to go to WW tomorrow and weigh-in and meet the leader. The receptionist who works this meeting with her talked me into coming to meetings when I weighed-in on Friday afternoon. I'm hoping that will help me lose the 20 (or 40 if you are going my mom's opinion ) pounds I need to lose before our trip to WDW in August.

Well, I need to go eat lunch. I woke up about an hour ago so I haven't had breakfast. Better get going on my day...

CC

CC...... I didn't know all that about your career changes. Interesting. Do you ever think you will go back to special ed? It is SO challenging, I'm sure (just from what I see in our school here), but I imagine it can be very rewarding.

I hope you find a FABULOUS WW leader....that can REALLY make a HUGE difference! If you don't LOVE this one, find another!!!

Rose said to move to this thread, so here I am! Just in from a weekend basically spent on our deck in my swimsuit. The good news -- I had to go order a new one in a smaller size on top and bottom -- I'm clearly smaller than last year, even though I think I weigh almost as much as I did a year ago. The bad news -- that's the only good news. I have eaten whatever dh decided to bring me all weekend, and other than deciding June 1st he would start eating healthy, he hasn't made a good nutrition decision once!

I'm packing my healthy lunch for tomorrow, and we have a good menu planned for the week. Now I just have to make myself get back to working out...haven't done that since Friday, either...

Maria

Focus on the POSITIVE and the rest will start to fall into place. Where did you order your swimsuit from?

I bought a new swimsuit after I had lost about 40 pounds..... it was expensive and I thought I'd use it for years. But the next year I was so much smaller, I had to buy ANOTHER new suit.... same type, different color, still expensive. And last summer I discovered it was also too big! While I would love to splurge on yet another new suit (especially since I am virtually at goal), I am hesitating to spend the $$. So I guess I'm looking for a bargain.... I want it to cover everything that needs covering, support the stuff that is heading south, look FABULOUS and be dirt cheap!! :rotfl: That isn't asking too much, is it???:rolleyes1

Good afternoon,

Tomorrow is my new beginning once again! I have eaten nothing but bad stuff all weekend including the big burger and fries and cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory for lunch. All I am eating the rest of the day is water with my mango aloe! I also hope to get up and get in a 2 mile workout to get me going again on working out. I have taken far too much time off from that. I will also get in a walk tomorrow night if the weather cooperates for soccer practice. Probably getting the kids take out for supper tomorrow night. I'm planning on doing a shake for breakfast, a protein bar for lunch and a chicken burger for supper with some cole slaw.

Are we doing introductions yet?

Talked to my sister a few minutes ago and they got my mom into a wheelchair and the new meds seem to be helping. She had a visitor and a friend from up here had called so I will talk to her later if she's up to it.

Almost my turn to play LEGO POTC. It's hot outside but the inside has stayed nice and cool while we've been out. Trying to get the kids showered and cleaned up for school tomorrow. I have to work until 2.

TTFN

I noticed a few introductions, but I didn't see an "official" request for them so I'm holding off. Plus I'm lazy..... I will probably go back and cut and paste my old introduction!!:laughing:

I'm glad to hear that Mom is having a good day. I'm sure talking with friends helps, but make sure that she isn't getting too many visitors. It can be very taxing to try and be talkative and alert when you are tired and in pain. Like you said a few days ago, maybe she needs a nice polite note for the door.

Today I did alot of work on getting our house ready for summer. Cleaned the back patio/grill/furniture. Planted and weeded the rest of the garden. Scrubbed my bathroom and kitchen from head to toe. It feels so good to have a clean house inside and out.

Wow.... you got a TON of stuff done this weekend. In comparison I was a slacker. But I was away on that whale watch Friday and at a swim meet Sat and Sun.... and catching up on rest on Monday was the first order of business. But I got a few things done yesterday and will be plowing through the rest (hopefully) today.

YEAH for your meal plan! YOu know how I love a good plan!!

You WILL kick butt this challenge!! You are up for it!

Kelli

Maintaining is WAAAAY under-rated!! It is harder thank you realize, so be pleased with that accomplishment and then move forward from there!

Hello Friends! I'm excited to jump on over to the new thread and the new challenge!! I'm heading to Great Adventure (Six Flags) tomorrow to chaparone the Senior trip so I probably won't make it back on the boards until Wednesday (by the time we get home and then I have to bake for the community service luncheon on Wednesday!). So, I wish you all a Happy Tuesday filled with great choices Although I wonder what I will exactly be eating at an amusement park that is classified as a "great" choice

I take it they don't allow outside food?? I can't imagine what the choices will be. How did it go??

Good Tuesday morning.

Yesterday was a nice day. We had no real plans. I got the frig cleaned out and went grocery shopping. We then went to the local Memorial Day ceremony where we got to talk to some friends who are on the First Aid Squad. we then went and bought a new vacuum. This one vacuum costs as much as all the vacuums we have bought since we got married. BUT it got up the dog hair we have been drowning in. Never knew a short haired dog could shed so much but this new vacuum did a great job so we are happy.

Dona.... you've got over a year to save for the wedding in Kansas. Could you make a few small changes to the budget and perhaps save for that in ADDITION to saving for a real vacation? I'm sure it is tough with tuition payments on top of everything.... I am DREADING that in a few years.

Do you have a credit card that gives air miles? If not, could you get one and use it (and of course, pay it off) as much as possible over the next year and end up flying cheap/free? I know that our SW Airlines CC has paid for itself (since there is a small yearly fee) several times over. We don't use it a lot, we keep the credit line low (to avoid temptations), and we still manage to earn about one free roundtrip ticket per calendar year.

Just some ideas.

Morning all,

TTFN

I'm sure that the package will brighten Mom's day!! :)

that's my exercise plan. i think everyone is better off in this house when i get some exercise in! in fact, i'm going to get off here and get going. if i leave in the next 10 min i can get my walk in before mommy and me. cutting it close but since we only have a party today i don't really need to get there early

have a great day!!

Like I said..... I LOVE a good plan!! :thumbsup2 WTG on getting out the jogger!

Good to see you, Pamela!:goodvibes

Thanks..... I missed you all this weekend!

Good exercise plan! Enjoy your walk! We got married very young--but that was was 24 years ago! And I must say, a lot of folks assumed I was pregnant. So annoying. We actually didn't have Tom for 4 years and by then people were asking us when we were going to have kids! It got really annoying!

They aren't happy if you are PG and aren't happy if you aren't!! Can't win!

Ok, I'm out of time. I hope everyone has a great day!

Here's a bonus QOTD

Nope.... not waiting..... ALWAYS on plan (in some fashion or another). A similar question was asked last spring between challenges and it really gave me a bit of a wake-up call. It had NEVER, EVER occurred to me that I would change my healthy eating or exercise habits, just because the challenge ended. This is my LIFESTYLE now and I will be continuing when/if these challenges ever end. When I realized that, I realized that I had hit a turning point in this journey. I really AM going to succeed with this. I really HAVE turned my life around. I HAVE made positive changes in my eating and exercise and they are now HABITS that I will continue with for (hopefully) a lifetime!

I wish I had more time for replies this morning. This baseball schedule is interfering with my dis time. Actually it's making me think I need a cell phone with internet before next year. I'll even learn how to text too.

I just started a book called Cinderella Rules, and thought of many of you when I read the first rule, especially you CC.

Glad you had a fun, active weekend.

I LOVE that quote!! SO TRUE!

i'm trying to make good choices. i made a really delicious dinner last night and i'd say it was "medium" healthy. i got it from the south beach cookbook. it's lemon couscous chicken. instead of adding the chopped cooked chicken into the couscous i made some breaded chicken cutlet and served that on top of the lemon couscous (which was fabulous and had tons of broccoli in it). sure, the chicken was breaded and fried but i made it with those panko bread crumbs and it was yummy!

Care to share the recipe for the lemon couscous???

tonight it pork chops and brown rice and i'm shooting for good choices all day. of course we have a mommy and me party but i will just have to say no to the cupcakes!

Like Nancy Reagan used to say "Just say NO!" :rotfl:

just got back from my workout. it was really slow and i felt kinda icky actually. i wound up jogging about 2.5 miles in 30 min! that's pretty slow for me but hey, pushing a jogger ain't easy. i do my jogs around maritime college and it is beautiful down there today! it's completely on the water has awesome views of the manhattan skyline and and out towards queens. there were TONS of trucks down there and i could tell that inside the fort in the courtyard they were filming something. cool! of course nosey nancy asks my buddy the security guard what it was and he told me royal pains. my mom watches that show so i'll be sure to tell her.

anywho, off to shower and get ready for mommy and me.

gosh, i could waste all day on the DIS. i find myself on here so much, especially when i'm planning a trip!!

WOOOHOOO.... you got out there and got moving! The plan worked!!

Morning all-

Not much exciting to report. My new goal each day at work is to walk the stairs from the first floor to the roof (16 stories) atleast once a day.. Dang it hurt the first day but between that and getting back to my 30-60 min of hard exercise a day I should start to feel better again... (course if I'd stop working 60 hrs a week itd be easier to fit it in..)

-em

OMG!! 16 stories is crazy! I think you will be amazed at how much endurance that will build!

******Happy sunny Tuesday morning friends!!

Once again, I am feeling so INSANELY busy today, I just don't know where to start! I think I am mostly stressing about this RELAY!! Remind me next year to say a big fat NO THANKS if I get asked to help again! The big problem is... I offered to help and I have ended up running/organizing the ENTIRE THING!! Not exactly what I had planned.

And of course, after being gone to DD's swim meet most of the weekend, the housework didn't get done, the pool didn't get opened this weekend, the garden didn't get planted, the lawn didn't get mowed, laundry is behind, meals aren't prepped for the week, and of course, I could spend the ENTIRE day getting stuff done for Relay if I had the time. And I am schedule to work the remainder of the week!! :eek: Something will HAVE to change this week. I will be taking Friday off of work, for sure. And meals this week will be crockpot or sandwiches... no time for anything much else.

I wanted to make a meal to take to a friend going through chemo, but not sure I will have time.... it might end up being just a pan of treats or something like that.

But I will NOT let all of this stuff get in the way of my workouts this week, like I did last week!! As soon as I sign off with you all here, I'm hitting the TM. Sure, it is beautiful out, but I want to watch last night's Extreme Makeover Weight Loss show and the ONLY way I will fit that in is if I watch from the TM.... so there you have it.

After my TM time it will be power cleaning and emails out for Relay (aka: "cries for help"). Then a quick shower, pick up DD at school, etc etc etc and a Relay meeting at the ACS office at 6:15.

Cup of coffee is empty so I guess it is time to say good-bye! TTYL..........P

Hi Rose,
Count me in for the summer challenge. Looking forward to it.

Dave

QOTD: I have been back on plan for the past few days but will start recording my food in a journal today and focusing more on my water today. I will work on getting my excersize back in a day or two.

Later,
Sarahmay

Oooh, I would love to join. Gotta fit back in the Eeyore outfit before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter