Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer Challenge

Good morning all!

Have you ever looked into scanning those receipts to save them? We've spent the last couple of years converting our Mom & Pop law office into a paperless office. It's been a process but so much better not to have to chase that paper that you can't find half the time anyway. If we can do it, anyone can! ::yes::

Have a great day everyone! Make good choices and finish strong! :cool2:
well we don't have a home computer but those little scanners do look quite cool!

QOTD for Monday, August 20:

Navy or Black? BLACK

Odd or Even? ODD

Math or English? ENGLISH

Oatmeal Raisin or Chocolate Chip? CHOCOLATE CHIP

World Showcase or Future World? WORLD SHOWCASE ALL THE WAY

Summer or Winter? SUMMER FOR SURE

Hardwood or Carpeting? HARDWOOD

Cat or Dog? AHH TOO TOUGH LOVE ME BOTH OF THEM

Board/card games or computer games? BOARD/CARD

City or Country? COUNTRY LIVING FOR ME

Saver or Spender? SPENDER UNFORTUNATELY

French Fries or Onion Rings? A GOOD BEER BATTERED ONION RING ANYDAY

Coffee or Tea? (and follow-up.... iced or hot?) HOT TEA/ ICED COFFEE

Oprah or Ellen? ELLEN

Imported or Domestic? DOMESTIC WHEN I CAN

Rock or Rap?
ROCK

That's enough for now!....................P

:thumbsup2

I fear I may be your MIA coach and I really don't remember what week I signed up for! I thought I signed up for next week! I honestly don't remember when the challenge ends. Things have REALLY gotten away from me.

I don't think I've posted in a few weeks. I'm going through major drama at home and haven't weighed in since the beginning of the summer.

So if I'm supposed to be coach I'm so sorry, I can take over for the rest of the week starting tomorrow!

Navy or Black? Both, but not together!

Odd or Even? Even

Math or English? Math

Oatmeal Raisin or Chocolate Chip? Chocolate chip

World Showcase or Future World? Idk

Summer or Winter? Fall

Hardwood or Carpeting? Both

Cat or Dog? Dog

Board/card games or computer games? Depends whether I'm alone or with people

City or Country? Suburbs

Saver or Spender? Save some, spend the rest!

French Fries or Onion Rings? Fries

Coffee or Tea? (and follow-up.... iced or hot?) iced coffee

Oprah or Ellen? Ellen

Imported or Domestic? I'm domestic, dh is an import lol

Rock or Rap? I like all genres.

:woohoo:We have completed our August “measure-in” for the WIN! Challenge. YAY!::woohoo:

I know that some people were feeling a little discouraged at their numbers, but really, any progress is GREAT! Feel free to join at any time, whether it is a WIN week or not. Our next WIN! measure-in will be August 31.

Please remember to send in the TOTAL of your measurements rather than the five individual measurements. Thank you!

Our WIN!ners are -

kdipiazz - -3%
mickeymagic - 4%
lmhall2000 - 6%

and the winner is.............................:banana::banana:

disappearing Otter - 6.3%

Navy or Black? Black

Odd or Even? Even

Math or English? Math

Oatmeal Raisin or Chocolate Chip? Chocolate Chip

World Showcase or Future World? World Showcase

Summer or Winter? Neither, Fall

Hardwood or Carpeting? Hardwood, easier to maintain

Cat or Dog? Dog

Board/card games or computer games? Board games

City or Country? Country

Saver or Spender? Spender

French Fries or Onion Rings? Onion Rings

Coffee or Tea? (and follow-up.... iced or hot?) Tea, Both hot and cold

Oprah or Ellen? Neither

Imported or Domestic? For??? Car- Imported. Everything else I attempt domestic when I can.

Rock or Rap? Depends on my mood, but mostly Rock

I fear I may be your MIA coach and I really don't remember what week I signed up for! I thought I signed up for next week! I honestly don't remember when the challenge ends. Things have REALLY gotten away from me.

I don't think I've posted in a few weeks. I'm going through major drama at home and haven't weighed in since the beginning of the summer.

So if I'm supposed to be coach I'm so sorry, I can take over for the rest of the week starting tomorrow!

We are all set for now. Look forward to your coaching next week. :thumbsup2

:woohoo:We have completed our August “measure-in” for the WIN! Challenge. YAY!::woohoo:

I know that some people were feeling a little discouraged at their numbers, but really, any progress is GREAT! Feel free to join at any time, whether it is a WIN week or not. Our next WIN! measure-in will be August 31.

Please remember to send in the TOTAL of your measurements rather than the five individual measurements. Thank you!

Our WIN!ners are -

kdipiazz - -3%
mickeymagic - 4%
lmhall2000 - 6%

Congrats to all the participants! Geat job!

Pamela the recipes are awesome!! Thanks for the help.
the whole chicken one sounds amazing!

You are welcome!

Evening all! Spent an ungodly fortune at Staples today on school supplies! But at least it's done.

Not feeling too chatty. TTY tomorrow..............P

SUBSTITUTE QOTD for Sunday 8/19:

Are you a hoarder or a minimalist? If you hoard, is it anything in particular? If you are a minimalist, how far do you take it? Do you get rid of gifts right after the holiday if you KNOW you won't use it?

In that same vein.... are you a "user" or a "saver"? Do you get something new and save it for that just-right moment? Or do you use it immediately, figuring that you might as well enjoy it?

I am a minimalist. I would be happy to get rid of half the things we own, but DH stops me lol.

I am a little of a user and a saver. I guess it depends on what it is we are talking about.

AGH!!! I made it to 100 days on MFP then blew it over the weekend, family drama.
Crap, now I'm back to square one again.

Wow! 100 days is awesome. Don't gt discouraged. Now you can get to another 100 :)

Whole chicken in the crockpot. THis is truly a whole meal in one pot.

Fill the bottom of a LARGE crockpot with onions, carrots, and potatoes (cut to large chunks).

Rinse and dry a whole roaster. Place an onion in the cavity and season the outside with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place whole chicken on top of veggies in crockpot. (You may have to rearrange some of the veggies to be sure that the lid can go on. It is okay to surround the chicken with veggies.)

Dump some white wine and chicken stock into the pot (taking care to NOT rinse the seasonings from the chicken). I usually go with anywhere from 2-3 cups of liquid. I want the veggies covered at least.

Cover and cook all day (you can add more liquid if it seems to be drying out. Some crockpots allow for more evaporation than others.) Remove chicken from crockpot (it will be falling apart by this point). Dish veggies straight from the crockpot in their yummy liquid and serve chicken next to it. No need to carve the chicken, as it will just fall apart.

Thanks for this and the other recipes. I'll have to look through my crockpot stuff. I have a few recipes (some are not real ww friendly) and use my crockpot at least once a week.

Navy or Black? Black

Odd or Even? Even

Math or English? Math

Oatmeal Raisin or Chocolate Chip? Chocolate chip

World Showcase or Future World? World showcase

Summer or Winter? Summer

Hardwood or Carpeting? Carpeting

Cat or Dog? Both :)

Board/card games or computer games? Board games

City or Country? A little of both~I'd like to live in the country and visit the city

Saver or Spender? I try to save, but I like to spend too much

French Fries or Onion Rings? French Fries

Coffee or Tea? (and follow-up.... iced or hot?) Coffee, both iced and hot

Oprah or Ellen? Oprah

Imported or Domestic? Both

Rock or Rap?
Rock I guess...80's rock!

That's enough for now!....................P

Our WIN!ners are -

kdipiazz - -3%
mickeymagic - 4%
lmhall2000 - 6%

Congrats to everyone and especially Disappearing Otter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a pretty good day eating and exercising. So that makes me happy.

Warning~Rant~I convinced my sister to try weight watchers with me back in May and she is doing really well. The problem is that she is constantly asking how much I weigh and telling me how crappy she eats then loses 3 pounds. It's getting on my nerves sooooo much. In fact, I'm not sure what's going on, but I think she is obsessed at weighing less than me. I even caught her lying to me about her weigh in. She said what she weighed and then said she took a week off of exercising and still lost 2 pounds. However, earlier in the week when I called her she mentioned just getting home from running. And, she is constantly telling me how people are commenting how great she looks and she's so skinny & to not lose any more weight. Ugh. I am happy that she is eating better and exercising, but I have had enough. It's a daily thing. It's all she talks about. Luckily, I go back to work on Friday so I will probably talk to her less. Sorry to complain. Has anyone had this happen with a family member or friend? What did you do? Right now, I just don't give her too much info and don't encourage her too much. Sad, I know.

Thanks to Pamela for substitute coaching this week.

Off to watch Cider House Rules with DH. I've never seen it, so I hope it's good. Off until tomorrow...

Jill

Hi My Dear DIS Friends!

I am so sorry for being missing in action the last few weeks. Life just got crazy ... like it always does when I go back to work. I started last Thursday and has a whirl-wind weekend. We had our annual party for the band preview show (which my youngest son has now joined) on Friday night. Went to my middle son's football game on Saturday at 10:00. Packed our car and took my oldest to Penn State. Stayed over at our cousin's house for the evening and got to see her daughter's 5 day old daughter. Woke up Sunday and unpacked my son in his new dorm room. Had lunch with him then drove home. Finished gathering the football ads online. Had a good cry about sending my first born to college. Then went to work today and had to stay after for our parent orientation. I am missing the band parade this evening at our local amusement park (Kennywood). My husband is there and I really couldn't pull myself together to go .... I am SO tired.

So thanks for letting me vent. Every time I think I can't get any busier, I am hoping to catch up with all the posts tomorrow. I have jumped off the wagon and just haven't had time to focus on weight loss. I am hoping towards the end of the week everything will be a lot calmer.

Hard sending my oldest off to college. It is such a life changing event for him and us. Going to bed for now. Catch up with all of you tomorrow. :)

Busy day but just checking in to say I finally had a job offer. WOOHOO!! :cool1: I had a 4 hr shift today but not sure what my schedule will be like for the rest of the week. I'm supposed to be waiting for a call tomorrow to know. I hope they schedule me in soon don't like saving my whole day waiting at the phone. But otherwise its going good. Its a daycare and sounded like from interview that I'd be working into doing the 2's room. I did 2's before and I loved it.

QOTD MON:
Navy or Black? Black

Odd or Even? Odd

Math or English? Math

Summer or Winter? Winter

Hardwood or Carpeting? carpet but I do like the look of hardwood I just hate sweeping and mopping. I'd much rather vacuum.

Cat or Dog? I LOVE both but prefer cats slightly not sure why just always had a thing for cats especially black ones and orange ones.

Board/card games or computer games? I like both

City or Country? country but now that I've had anxiety and agoraphobic tendencies its nice to live in a couple mile radius of everything I could need.

Coffee or Tea? (and follow-up.... iced or hot?) Tea I like iced traditional tea(Luzianne is preferred can't stand Lipton) but I do like green tea hot with honey or iced both.

Oprah or Ellen? Ellen

Imported or Domestic? For??? Domestic. I do like Nissans though I could see myself buying another one day. My Dodge Neon's transmissions have been hell. I think my next purchase will be a Ford Fusion or Taurus. Plus my brother can get me a employee discount on Fords. HEHE

Rock or Rap? Depends on my mood, but mostly Rock(totally agree I can go from rock to rap to country in a blink)

AS for the hoarder talk. I used to have hoarding tendencies as my parents and grandparents were a bit of hoarders. I've learned to let stuff go. My biggest issue is procrastination on getting the stuff I box/bag up for donating to the site. Zoe definitely has hoarding tendencies. EEK

I am a minimalist. I would be happy to get rid of half the things we own, but DH stops me lol.

I am a little of a user and a saver. I guess it depends on what it is we are talking about.

Wow! 100 days is awesome. Don't gt discouraged. Now you can get to another 100 :)

Thanks for this and the other recipes. I'll have to look through my crockpot stuff. I have a few recipes (some are not real ww friendly) and use my crockpot at least once a week.

Congrats to everyone and especially Disappearing Otter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a pretty good day eating and exercising. So that makes me happy.

Warning~Rant~I convinced my sister to try weight watchers with me back in May and she is doing really well. The problem is that she is constantly asking how much I weigh and telling me how crappy she eats then loses 3 pounds. It's getting on my nerves sooooo much. In fact, I'm not sure what's going on, but I think she is obsessed at weighing less than me. I even caught her lying to me about her weigh in. She said what she weighed and then said she took a week off of exercising and still lost 2 pounds. However, earlier in the week when I called her she mentioned just getting home from running. And, she is constantly telling me how people are commenting how great she looks and she's so skinny & to not lose any more weight. Ugh. I am happy that she is eating better and exercising, but I have had enough. It's a daily thing. It's all she talks about. Luckily, I go back to work on Friday so I will probably talk to her less. Sorry to complain. Has anyone had this happen with a family member or friend? What did you do? Right now, I just don't give her too much info and don't encourage her too much. Sad, I know.

Thanks to Pamela for substitute coaching this week.

Off to watch Cider House Rules with DH. I've never seen it, so I hope it's good. Off until tomorrow...

Jill

Sorry about all this with your sister. I think you need to remind her, in a friendly nonchalant kind of way that it isn't a competition between you. You are supposed to be supporting and encouraging one another, not going head to head in a show down!

Mary•Poppins;45888835 said:
Hi My Dear DIS Friends!

I am so sorry for being missing in action the last few weeks. Life just got crazy ... like it always does when I go back to work. I started last Thursday and has a whirl-wind weekend. We had our annual party for the band preview show (which my youngest son has now joined) on Friday night. Went to my middle son's football game on Saturday at 10:00. Packed our car and took my oldest to Penn State. Stayed over at our cousin's house for the evening and got to see her daughter's 5 day old daughter. Woke up Sunday and unpacked my son in his new dorm room. Had lunch with him then drove home. Finished gathering the football ads online. Had a good cry about sending my first born to college. Then went to work today and had to stay after for our parent orientation. I am missing the band parade this evening at our local amusement park (Kennywood). My husband is there and I really couldn't pull myself together to go .... I am SO tired.

So thanks for letting me vent. Every time I think I can't get any busier, I am hoping to catch up with all the posts tomorrow. I have jumped off the wagon and just haven't had time to focus on weight loss. I am hoping towards the end of the week everything will be a lot calmer.

Hard sending my oldest off to college. It is such a life changing event for him and us. Going to bed for now. Catch up with all of you tomorrow. :)

Busy time for you. I think I can totally understand about sending you oldest off to college. I will be there myself next year and I'm already teary about it. How far away is he?

Busy day but just checking in to say I finally had a job offer. WOOHOO!! :cool1: I had a 4 hr shift today but not sure what my schedule will be like for the rest of the week. I'm supposed to be waiting for a call tomorrow to know. I hope they schedule me in soon don't like saving my whole day waiting at the phone. But otherwise its going good. Its a daycare and sounded like from interview that I'd be working into doing the 2's room. I did 2's before and I loved it.

QOTD MON:
Navy or Black? Black

Odd or Even? Odd

Math or English? Math

Summer or Winter? Winter

Hardwood or Carpeting? carpet but I do like the look of hardwood I just hate sweeping and mopping. I'd much rather vacuum.

Cat or Dog? I LOVE both but prefer cats slightly not sure why just always had a thing for cats especially black ones and orange ones.

Board/card games or computer games? I like both

City or Country? country but now that I've had anxiety and agoraphobic tendencies its nice to live in a couple mile radius of everything I could need.

Coffee or Tea? (and follow-up.... iced or hot?) Tea I like iced traditional tea(Luzianne is preferred can't stand Lipton) but I do like green tea hot with honey or iced both.

Oprah or Ellen? Ellen

Imported or Domestic? For??? Domestic. I do like Nissans though I could see myself buying another one day. My Dodge Neon's transmissions have been hell. I think my next purchase will be a Ford Fusion or Taurus. Plus my brother can get me a employee discount on Fords. HEHE

Rock or Rap? Depends on my mood, but mostly Rock(totally agree I can go from rock to rap to country in a blink)

AS for the hoarder talk. I used to have hoarding tendencies as my parents and grandparents were a bit of hoarders. I've learned to let stuff go. My biggest issue is procrastination on getting the stuff I box/bag up for donating to the site. Zoe definitely has hoarding tendencies. EEK

Great news on the new job. I think it takes a special kind of person to work with kids all day...especially little ones! You must have tons of patience and love to share.

As for the "imported or domestic" question.....I was intentionally vague. Was just curious what came to mind first. Strangely I thought of wine (even though I rarely drink it), but it could be cars, cheese, sparkling water...lots of things!

Morning all! Another beautiful but cool morning here. It really feels like summer is over.

Dad has his visit with the surgical oncologist today. Continuing prayers appreciated. I'm sure Mom will call me when they get home.

Nothing on the schedule today until DD's dive class tonight. Housework, laundry, and then some scrapping hopefully in the works for me. I should go to the dump too. DD is talking about having a friend over tomorrow, so she will need to clean her bathroom and do some MORE picking up in her room.

Coffee is calling me ! TTYL..........P

QOTD for Tuesday, August 21:

Tell us two things about yourself that you really like/love and two things you would like to change (other than your weight!). Do you work on changing them or do you figure it is a lost cause?

Good morning everyone!

QOTD: I used to be a hoarder, mostly gifts because I felt bad for throwing things out. Now I'm a minimalist and anytime I see anything not being used it gets chucked (either to sell or trash).

QOTD Today: I love that I am very responsible and love my creativity with graphics. Oh, and I quite like my legs! ;)

Things I do'nt like...I sometimes try too hard to be productive and I can't just sit down and relax and the fact that I'm always thinking about the future. It is hard for me to sit down and enjoy a moment. I'm working on those things, I'm getting better, but I think it's just my personality. There are pros and cons to it.

----
Well, I've done quite well this week. Took off exercise yesterday, it's crazy how much skinnier you feel when you work out! I've been feeling great with all the running and weight lifting I've been doing. SChool started yesterday and with my job it's gonna be a heck of a semester. I've been trying to think of good ideas to take for lunch that can survive at room temperature for a couple hours. I'm tired of PB sandwhiches...if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them! :)

Have a fabulous day!

Mary•Poppins;45888835 said:
Hi My Dear DIS Friends!

Oh gosh :grouphug::grouphug: to you! I have to send of my DD (oldest) to college 2.5 hrs away next Friday 8/31 -- I am teary everytime I think of it - but I want her to go and have fun and study hard and make a good life for herself when she is done with college so I try hard to be positive around her..Lucky for me my BFF is having her annual Labor Day party on Sat 9/1 and I can drink away any lingering sorrow (my Hubs will drive us home!)

Tell us two things about yourself that you really like/love and two things you would like to change (other than your weight!). Do you work on changing them or do you figure it is a lost cause?

like/love about myself - I can cook and bake and I like it.. and being single for 10 yrs I am confident about who I am
dislike about myself - because I was single 10 years it's hard for me not to be in control and let my Hubs have some it. and my pack rat tendencies..

I try hard to keep both of the dislikes in check but sometimes they just get away from me.. I tell Hubs I'm trying when it gets on his nerves too much lucky for me he is such a GREAT guy..

Hi everyone!!

I feel like I haven't been around in forever. Life has gotten crazy but I think calm for the most part. If you remember we were having issues with Alan's daughter. Well, I wrote a letter to her the other night while she was at work. I basically put my foot down but still managed to stay calm and cool. I read it to Alan and he agreed with everything I said.

You fast forward to the next morning and she sees it on her dresser. She walks outside and asks her dad "Is this an eviction notice?" He simply told her "Read it." After she read it she asked him "Is she kicking me out?" "No, that's her way of putting in black and white things need to change and if they don't you have to leave. She's tired of the stress, the fighting between she and I, and if she is in fact pregnant she doesn't need more stress added to an already stressful situation."

I honestly think we got through to her this time but only time will tell. She is working her butt off right now (She worked 17 hours between yesterday and today pulling a double shift). I think she's finally getting her head on straight and going to get her life together.

In addition to that going on my healthy eating and such has gotten off track. I've not looked at a scale in over a week. Quite frankly I'm afraid to. I worked out yesterday for half an hour and plan to keep that up the rest of the week. I got a late night swim in along with a few strength training exercises. My plate is going to be extremely full in the coming weeks. I'm part of a Biggest Loser Challenge over on Sparkpeople and have taken on the role as lead co - captain. I'm trying to help my friend, the captain, get things in order. The team has 32 members and we do a task almost every day of the week between tighten and tone (strength training), last chance workout, weekend challenges, and weigh ins. So there is a lot to coordinate.

THEN.... this happened... :)

I was talking with my mom the other day for the first time in months. We weren't talking about anything specific and I let it slip that I'm taking a HPT this weekend. As soon as the words came out of my mouth I thought "Oh crap!". She lives with my grandpa (her dad) right now and is literally a few blocks from my uncle (her brother). She's basically in the thick of all of her family. My fear was great now she's going to go tell everyone. However, I blew it off and was like "She's a workaholic. She'll get so wrapped up in work she'll forget what I said."

PFFT, fat chance!

A couple days later she texts me and asks when I'm taking the test. I told her and asked her why. She stated because she wanted to know if she was going to be a grandma again. I sent her a reply back and basically told her "I'll tell you but you need to understand something first. I don't plan on telling many people when and if it happens. I've already lost Maddie and it was hard enough. I don't want to shout it from the rooftops only to have to turn around and tell people I miscarried. I'm holding out until I'm 12 - 14 weeks along and then I'll tell everyone. I don't have a problem telling you but you need to please not say anything to ANYBODY."

She texted me back and told me she completely understood how I was feeling. I think she felt that way because a) she's a mother, b) she has PCOS herself, and c) she's been an RN for almost 20 years, 5 years of it working in labor and delivery.

I was talking with Erica the other night and I told her "I'm glad she understands. I honestly didn't want to have to keep it from my own mom. I wanted to be able to tell her but the fear of everyone finding out is what really bothers me. I'm glad that she understands where I'm coming from and she's going to keep her mouth shut. I mean come on if I start having family asking me about it I'll know she said something. None of my friends are going to get hold of my family and be like hey Kristina is pregnant."

So yes needless to say it has been crazy chaotic in this house. I'm hoping for an exciting weekend but we shall see...... I think the suspense is driving Alan more crazy then me. :)

Toodles :tinker:

Two things I like/love about myself:

I'm friendly and help almost anyone who needs it.
I'm a kid at heart. I'm more into the cartoon movies that come out in theaters vs the action/drama/horror movies. When we go to Disney i love to just sit for hours and people watch. I'm not shy and will go stand in line and get pictures with Mickey all alone. :)

Two things I dislike:

Since Josh's passing my organization and cleaning skills have been lacking. Granted part of that could be due to the fact that everytime I try to do something Alan comes behind me and says "Honey I'll do it" LOL...

I know I'll be able to get this changed. Hopefully soon Alan will be working outside the home. So with me being the only one home during the day I'll be able to crank up the music and go to town. I don't know what it is but I get a cleaning vibe going when I'm home alone vs when there are people around. I guess it gives me time to do it my way and concentrate on what I'm doing.

I really like my (usually) positive outlook/non-worrier status. I also like my organizational skills.

Don't like....my ability to fly off the handle at times (PMS time especially), and my procrastination tendencies! I work on the patience thing all the time, but it sneaks up on my when I'm not expecting it! Procrastination.... I live with LOTS of procrastinators, so it is HARD!! But I try to be a good example.

Good morning everyone!

QOTD: I used to be a hoarder, mostly gifts because I felt bad for throwing things out. Now I'm a minimalist and anytime I see anything not being used it gets chucked (either to sell or trash).

QOTD Today: I love that I am very responsible and love my creativity with graphics. Oh, and I quite like my legs! ;)

Things I do'nt like...I sometimes try too hard to be productive and I can't just sit down and relax and the fact that I'm always thinking about the future. It is hard for me to sit down and enjoy a moment. I'm working on those things, I'm getting better, but I think it's just my personality. There are pros and cons to it.

----
Well, I've done quite well this week. Took off exercise yesterday, it's crazy how much skinnier you feel when you work out! I've been feeling great with all the running and weight lifting I've been doing. SChool started yesterday and with my job it's gonna be a heck of a semester. I've been trying to think of good ideas to take for lunch that can survive at room temperature for a couple hours. I'm tired of PB sandwhiches...if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them! :)

Have a fabulous day!

WTG with all of the great exercise!!

Not a lot to think of for lunches. Have you considered using a blue-ice pack? If you can bring an insulated lunch pack and blue-ice, it should really increase your choices.

For room temp lunch suggestions..... hummus (no mayo or meat or dairy in it, so room temp for a bit should be okay) with veggies and/or pretzels, apples and pb, pears and cheese (most hard cheeses are okay at room temp for a while), nuts, granola bars, cereal (if you freeze milk in a small bottle, it should melt and be okay for lunch.... or bring it in a thermos), those tuna "kits" that Starfish sells (tuna, mayo, crackers all together), anything you can bring hot or cold in a thermos (soup, stew, pasta, oatmeal), lots of fruits are okay at room temp for a few hours... apples, oranges, bananas, pears, berries, grapes.

Oh gosh :grouphug::grouphug: to you! I have to send of my DD (oldest) to college 2.5 hrs away next Friday 8/31 -- I am teary everytime I think of it - but I want her to go and have fun and study hard and make a good life for herself when she is done with college so I try hard to be positive around her..Lucky for me my BFF is having her annual Labor Day party on Sat 9/1 and I can drink away any lingering sorrow (my Hubs will drive us home!)

BIG hug to you and ALL the moms here who are sending away their babies to college!!

like/love about myself - I can cook and bake and I like it.. and being single for 10 yrs I am confident about who I am
dislike about myself - because I was single 10 years it's hard for me not to be in control and let my Hubs have some it. and my pack rat tendencies..

I try hard to keep both of the dislikes in check but sometimes they just get away from me.. I tell Hubs I'm trying when it gets on his nerves too much lucky for me he is such a GREAT guy..

Lucky that you can cook and bake. I am terrible at both and hate doing it.

Two things I like/love about myself:

I'm friendly and help almost anyone who needs it.
I'm a kid at heart. I'm more into the cartoon movies that come out in theaters vs the action/drama/horror movies. When we go to Disney i love to just sit for hours and people watch. I'm not shy and will go stand in line and get pictures with Mickey all alone. :)

Two things I dislike:

Since Josh's passing my organization and cleaning skills have been lacking. Granted part of that could be due to the fact that everytime I try to do something Alan comes behind me and says "Honey I'll do it" LOL...

I know I'll be able to get this changed. Hopefully soon Alan will be working outside the home. So with me being the only one home during the day I'll be able to crank up the music and go to town. I don't know what it is but I get a cleaning vibe going when I'm home alone vs when there are people around. I guess it gives me time to do it my way and concentrate on what I'm doing.

I prefer housework when I am alone as well. I think it is because I know it will stay done, at least until the troops come home! :rotfl:

Afternoon all! Got a few things done around here, but of course, not as much as I had planned. And now DD tells me that she would like to leave early for tonight's dive class so that she can get in a swim at the downtown Y before class. So instead of leaving home at 5:30, now I have to leave at 4:15.... but I also should hit the dump, so we are probably leaving about 3:45 or so so that I can make a dump run. With the warmer weather, the trash definitely stinks FAST!

DD is trying to make plans with a friend for tomorrow, but so far the friend and her Mom haven't texted back, so not sure if it will be a go. If it IS a go, then DD needs to hustle her butt into gear and give me a bit of help with some picking up around here. It is "family clean", but not "company clean." It is mostly the bathrooms and some vacuuming and picking up. Nothing in depth.

So Mom called on their way home from Dad's appointment with the surgical oncologist. She (the oncologist) is 99% sure that it IS cancer (probably some type of sarcoma). That is the bad news. The good news is that she is pretty sure that it can be removed with good clean margins and that, depending on the pathology report after that, he may or may not need radiation, but probably no chemo. They are getting a second opinion (at the surgeon's suggestion) probably in Boston asap, but will more the likely do the surgery in Worcester (much shorter and easier drive). I will probably to go Worcester that day and stay with my Mom. Kids and DH will have to take care of themselves. Thank you in advance for your prayers and KEEP THEM COMING! I think my biggest concern about this is for my Dad's mental health. I don't want him getting depressed. He is a real "get up and get going" type of guy and having to lay low (and having no energy) will really drive him nuts. Plus at his age, I know that people can have mental changes with radiation. But I am optimistic that this will pass and by next year at this time we will be celebrating his one-year of remission-iversary!

Off to get dressed to be seen in public and throw the trash in the car....ick!:crazy2: TTYL..........................P

It is crazy to think that next month Alan and I will have lived here a year. We've used our DVC and plan on staying for 3 days to mark the occasion. It'll be nice to spend a few days and kick back without any stress. :)

Great news on the new job. I think it takes a special kind of person to work with kids all day...especially little ones! You must have tons of patience and love to share.

As for the "imported or domestic" question.....I was intentionally vague. Was just curious what came to mind first. Strangely I thought of wine (even though I rarely drink it), but it could be cars, cheese, sparkling water...lots of things!

Well I don't drink, not a big cheese eater either from tummy issues. Cars I've got favs both domestic and imported. I'm more likely to get imported little girls clothes or music and sorts.

Thanks for compliment on working with kids. I do have a lot of patience. :) I have missed working with kids. It's been fun but work because they are used to another teacher. I'm so excited to have income again and also because as long as it keeps working out and I get worked up to full time hours it will help so much with our plans of going to Disneyland in April. Now to keep motivated that should be good motivation to exercise I gotta get used to walking that much again.

QOTD Tuesday:
I love my hair and my changing shade eyes. :) Two things I'd like to change are procrastination and probably self esteem I can be self critical its not so much what others think its more about what I think of myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter