Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer Challenge

Just gotta say a WOOHOO for the $5 off haircut coupon I just found! Printing it was a bit sketchy (hate Google Chrome sometimes), but well worth it for $5 savings! If anyone else is looking for a cheap haircut for a kid, check out retailmenot.com and search for Supercuts coupon! I did have some trouble getting it to print right (ended up using Internet Explorer to open the page and then Cntrl-P to get it to print), but I'll do it for $5! Heck, that is lunch at Subway! :rotfl: ....................P

QoTD - in 60 seconds, I can park my car on the far end of the parking lot and walk from there - fitting in a little bit of exercise and some fresh air.

And hug my my son (he still hugs me, he knows how much I love it) and find something to laugh about. A good case of the giggles makes me feel younger!

I can take my Vitamin D!! I've been really slacking on ALL of my vitamins and supplements since getting back from vacation.
Do you ALL know how important Vitamin D is and how very lacking most of us are in it??
Happy Monday friends! Off to another busy but hopefully somewhat relaxing week here! The countdown is on for school (but don't tell the kids ;) ). Today is chiropractic appointments for DD and myself, hopefully a haircut for DS, and maybe a workout at the Y. Also moving laundry along and will try to finish the project I've got going for the mudroom (found a free mirror on the side of the road.... trying to paint and distress it to hang over the mudroom bench. Will post pictures if it comes out okay).
WOW! It is nearly 11 am already? That is what I get for sleeping in this morning! I couldn't believe it when I woke up and it was 7:45 am already! Made a special breakfast for everyone (Mickey waffles.... low carb for DH) and an eggwhite sandwich for myself. Was going to put stew in the crockpot, but don't have enough veggies, so that will wait until I buy carrots and onions this week.
Lunch will be a nice baked fish, green beans, and brown rice. That will be our big meal for today. Dinner will be sandwiches and salads.
Off to hunt down a coupon for the haircut.
TTYL.............................P

Vitamin D is a good one :thumbsup2, I take mine daily per my doctor. Since I don't get out in the sun much and can't do a lot of dairy products, this is a must for me!

You asked about the Rotation Diet. It was around in the 80's - 90's. It is a three week course, then one week off, then you start up again. The first week is 3 days of 600 calories, 4 days of 900 calories; the next week is 1200, then back to the 600/900. You take a week off then start up again, although it is recommended that you stay at 1200. Then start all over. You are also allowed one free fruit not counted.

I was very tired:faint:, and even though it pushed exercise, I had very little energy during that low week. I did lose 25 pounds after three rotations - basically 3 months. I can achieve that by sticking with WW as well. It made it hard to cheat because you were so low, you could only eat what was on the menu, and I was younger and had less stress in my life back then. But I also ended that low week sick as well:sick:, probably drained from low calories, called in sick a few times that a friend asked me about it.

I did look good when I was done, and I kept it off for a little while, ocassionally taking another crack at it, but once I started fertility drugs all bets were off, and my size eight clothes went in the closet. It wasn't healthy, and on WW I feel better, have energy and still lose weight. If I stick to it, I lose weight at a pretty decent clip. A little easier to cheat on WW, but you need motivation for any of these, and there is a lot more going on in my life as well. Back then we were married, no children.

That book went in the trash. I didn't see handing it on to someone else.

Just gotta say a WOOHOO for the $5 off haircut coupon I just found! Printing it was a bit sketchy (hate Google Chrome sometimes), but well worth it for $5 savings! If anyone else is looking for a cheap haircut for a kid, check out retailmenot.com and search for Supercuts coupon! I did have some trouble getting it to print right (ended up using Internet Explorer to open the page and then Cntrl-P to get it to print), but I'll do it for $5! Heck, that is lunch at Subway! :rotfl: ....................P

Love coupons! Just wish I could remember to use them!

QOTD: In 60 seconds I can refill my water bottle. :)

Perfect :thumbsup2

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My boss is missing :confused: I'm sure he told his boss why, but can't talk to him about taking time off. Rob thinks he might have a ride for this week. Once school starts, I'll talk to the coach about taking Rob once a week (he was really nice last year about it, since he left from the school anyway and Rob was already there), and I can leave early one day a week. I just don't want to always be asking for lifts, and don't know the other mothers well enough.

Well, back to work.

Carol

OK a couple replys:

Why my goal weight?? Cuz it is in the mid range for "healthy" for my height?? I guess I am really not sure but sounds like a good number :)

What can I do in 60 secs to extend my life? WALK AWAY! and I don't mean just walk I mean walk away from the idiot who I am ready to kill and would put me on death row!! :rotfl::rotfl:

OK so I am 45 and am guessing pre-meno since TOM is few and far between HOWEVER when it hits it hits HARD!!! the past 24 hrs have been miserable. I swear I am going to deliver any minute with the cramping and pain I am in! Thank goodness these are few and far between! With that said you can imagine what it has done to my weight and appetitte for the past couple days..:worried:

Trying to get into a new school routine since kids start in a little over a week. Thank goodness for 2 a day practices because at least the older 2 are getting use to having to get up in the morning....Zach will be a whole other issue. He usually spends the first few days flying out of bed and then by the 4th or 5th day that come crashing to a hault and he goes to school and falls back asleep on the couch in his classroom....
Still have not done any clothes shopping for anyone...have learned to take them one at a time to maintain my sanity :bitelip:

well suppose I should get back to work....have a meeting to prep for in an hour and have done nothing for it!!

Pam- It's ******* that goes where the stars are located! We've never been to the Big E so we are looking forward to it. We will be there for all three days of events! We are putting together at least 3 of the door prize baskets. One will be a Phineas and Ferb themed one and we have a Benji movie that we are donating. The kids saw some cute Muppets things today at Target so they are donating a Muppets themed basket.

Hoping to start exercising tomorrow or Wednesday. Two of my morning clients tomorrow rescheduled so I don't have to go in until about 11:15. I still have the 2 people at night. I feel bad that the new therapist's clients canceled tomorrow night. I'd give her mine but one is a friend so I was requested! She does have people Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I took Saturday off so we can get Hunger Games DVD first thing in the morning.

Watching Deathly Hallows Part 2 right now with the girls while Brian works. I picked up Downton Abbey Season 1 DVD this morning and we bought Izzie a book shelf and most of the rest of their school supplies.

Going out to dinner at 6 tonight with the family that went on PCC3 with us. Have only seen them briefly since the trip so we will have a lot to talk about!

TTFN :tigger:

Monday QOTD: What is something you can do in 60 seconds today to prolong your life?

Be back tomorrow with my answer. Good night all!

Carol

Take the dog for a walk! Obviously that will take more than 60 seconds...but I've been lazy the last couple days and not done it at all...so I guess my answer could be to walk him an extra 60 seconds ;)

Pam- It's ******* that goes where the stars are located! We've never been to the Big E so we are looking forward to it. We will be there for all three days of events! We are putting together at least 3 of the door prize baskets. One will be a Phineas and Ferb themed one and we have a Benji movie that we are donating. The kids saw some cute Muppets things today at Target so they are donating a Muppets themed basket.

Hoping to start exercising tomorrow or Wednesday. Two of my morning clients tomorrow rescheduled so I don't have to go in until about 11:15. I still have the 2 people at night. I feel bad that the new therapist's clients canceled tomorrow night. I'd give her mine but one is a friend so I was requested! She does have people Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I took Saturday off so we can get Hunger Games DVD first thing in the morning.

Watching Deathly Hallows Part 2 right now with the girls while Brian works. I picked up Downton Abbey Season 1 DVD this morning and we bought Izzie a book shelf and most of the rest of their school supplies.

Going out to dinner at 6 tonight with the family that went on PCC3 with us. Have only seen them briefly since the trip so we will have a lot to talk about!

Never been to the Big E?! Can't even imagine! You will love it!!! I've been going for 26 years haha, we used to go for school field trips! Be prepared to eat!
------------
Sorry I haven't checked in, but i haven't had much to report...well that's not really true but i've been busy.

I did quit Petsmart, my last day is the 22, and i feel wonderful about it. This was a great decision and i'm happy i made it. just can't wait to be done.

I've been very stressed about my room lately. I am a broke college student who still lives with her parents, in a room in the basement that's the size of a dorm room 9or smaller) and that can be quite frustrating. I came up with the idea that I really want to redo my rooom and also put a desk in it. This is proving very difficult, as my parents don't want me to paint it and are giving me no suggestions on how to rearrange it. I did start cleaing some stuff out last night but im waiting on more boxes to continue.

Weight wise...i've been doing my excersices every day which is good. Adding a little bit more each time, and hopefully i will start to notice a difference at some point. Not really working out otherwise, but i'm looking to change that. Eating has been ok, always that one meal a day that gets me but i'm trying.

Finally I found out that I failed the math portion of the praxis exam by two points. I was very upset but I've come to terms with it and will be trying again in september

It's a tiny url no space where the stars are!

It took me awhile to figure out what you were talking about :p

OK a couple replys:
Why my goal weight?? Cuz it is in the mid range for "healthy" for my height?? I guess I am really not sure but sounds like a good number :)
What can I do in 60 secs to extend my life? WALK AWAY! and I don't mean just walk I mean walk away from the idiot who I am ready to kill and would put me on death row!! :rotfl::rotfl:
OK so I am 45 and am guessing pre-meno since TOM is few and far between HOWEVER when it hits it hits HARD!!! the past 24 hrs have been miserable. I swear I am going to deliver any minute with the cramping and pain I am in! Thank goodness these are few and far between! With that said you can imagine what it has done to my weight and appetitte for the past couple days..:worried:
Trying to get into a new school routine since kids start in a little over a week. Thank goodness for 2 a day practices because at least the older 2 are getting use to having to get up in the morning....Zach will be a whole other issue. He usually spends the first few days flying out of bed and then by the 4th or 5th day that come crashing to a hault and he goes to school and falls back asleep on the couch in his classroom....
Still have not done any clothes shopping for anyone...have learned to take them one at a time to maintain my sanity :bitelip:
well suppose I should get back to work....have a meeting to prep for in an hour and have done nothing for it!!

Wow, someone must have really been hassling you at work!! I've had days like that. Sorry you are feeling so miserable. I was lucky in that regard. They had me on BC to regulate while we tried another fertility treatment for another go, and when that did not work, I stopped taking them and everything just...stopped. They said I was low functioning so I guess I shut down early.
Haven't taken DS out yet. He is bored with the whole thing, I just go to the racks and pull out the jeans and he tries them on. He does choose his shirts though, while I wander around elsewhere, and then comes to see me for the credit card :rolleyes:

Heard a lot about the Big E when they talk about the meets! I won't be able to make it, but I will have to try one year. Sounds like fun!
Guess I'll need to make a run for the Hunger Games DVD too. DS will want it and DH is curious - he did not come with us to see it. Although I really preferred the book. Except our Blu-Ray if fried...something happened during the Olympics that took out our cable box and Blu-Ray and messed up the HDMI connections on our TV. Bizarre. We don't think the Blu-Ray is working properly, but not absolutely sure. Right now cannot find a hook up that it likes.
Have fun tonight!

Take the dog for a walk! Obviously that will take more than 60 seconds...but I've been lazy the last couple days and not done it at all...so I guess my answer could be to walk him an extra 60 seconds ;)

Yes, I don't think he appreciate a 60 second walk!

Never been to the Big E?! Can't even imagine! You will love it!!! I've been going for 26 years haha, we used to go for school field trips! Be prepared to eat! I haven't checked in, but i haven't had much to report...well that's not really true but i've been busy.
I did quit Petsmart, my last day is the 22, and i feel wonderful about it. This was a great decision and i'm happy i made it. just can't wait to be done.
I've been very stressed about my room lately. I am a broke college student who still lives with her parents, in a room in the basement that's the size of a dorm room 9or smaller) and that can be quite frustrating. I came up with the idea that I really want to redo my rooom and also put a desk in it. This is proving very difficult, as my parents don't want me to paint it and are giving me no suggestions on how to rearrange it. I did start cleaing some stuff out last night but im waiting on more boxes to continue.
Weight wise...i've been doing my excersices every day which is good. Adding a little bit more each time, and hopefully i will start to notice a difference at some point. Not really working out otherwise, but i'm looking to change that. Eating has been ok, always that one meal a day that gets me but i'm trying.
Finally I found out that I failed the math portion of the praxis exam by two points. I was very upset but I've come to terms with it and will be trying again in september

Good for you about quitting your job! I think it's for the best, it was stressing you out way to much.
DS room is small too - all the houses we looked at had really small second bedrooms, but he tends to hang out with us (where he can use his computer). Just have room for bed, dresser (tall) and desk and a set of shelves. We also have a pull out drawer underneath the bed which had helped alot. I had a huge bedroom growing up, my dad converted the attic space and added on, and there were two bedrooms up there and a full bath. They were big! Couldn't find anything like that when we were looking :p
Sorry about the test. Only two points though! Did they show you it so you know what you need to focus on for next time? Now that you've had it once, hopefully it will be easier the second time.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DH is now trying to shift his schedule so that he can cover the afternoons and help out with DS's schedule. It won't work, it sometimes takes him two hours to get home, and there is always a last minute thing that delays him. I needed him to take the mornings, but he insists he leaves too early. Which he does not - usually not out of there until 8:30 - 9...I think most of the mornings may be over, and I'm not going to count on him for the afternoons, because he has said stuff like this before and it never happened...:rolleyes: Men! But I need to leave at 7 to get off by 3:30 if I work through lunch, so I can get home and take him to where he needs to be.
And he wonder's why I want him to get his license:crazy2:!

Sorry about the vent, it is getting a little frustrating. I love my DS, but he is getting too busy lately! And my boss skipped out on work today, so I guess I just put it on my calendar that I am leaving early Wednesday. He'll find out!

Carol

Let's switch gears to Disney now!

Tuesday QOTD: Since we're all Disney fans, when did your love for all things Disney begin? Did you get the Disney magic from the first time you entered a Disney park, or was it a love that gradually built up?

I visited DL as a teeenager, and WDW as a teenager and an adult before our first trip with DS. DL was like the fulfillment of a dream, but I was also a little old and "cool" :cool2: for Disney. I was on my own at WDW, in '74, and that was awesome :cool1: (I was 16, on a school band trip). With DH in '85, we spend alot to time in Epcot. But it was a fun trip, and didn't think much about it afterwards.

Once DS was born, I knew we would take him, although Mickey wasn't on TV much when he was growing up, he mostly heard about WDW from his friends. I decided to take him when he was old enough to remember it, since it might be the only time we could take him. I tend to be a planner, and stumbled across the boards. We hit a road block and I had to have an operation, so I had extra time to plan, and we made it when he was 9. But an obsession had started to grow while I was on the boards, and rewatching all the Disney classics. Being at the park just clinched my obsession. We had the BEST TRIP EVER :cheer2:!!!!! Thanks in large part to the DIS, I knew all the tricks and except for one rude waitress it was perfect. I started planning the next one when I got back, but there was no date as of yet.

After I was laid off, I got a job that made better money and my DS's best friends mother and I decided to take another trip together:grouphug:. We've traveled together ever since; it is great for DS to have someone his own age to hang out with. This November will be the first time without DH :sad1:.who can't get away from work. I am still excited about it tho, I just don't bring it up around him since he is upset about missing it.

Man, I love talking about Disney :goodvibes!

Carol

Hello everyone :goodvibes

Just a quick post to say that I'm going to wait and post results tomorrow. I'm not sure if this is just a big vacation week or if the DIS is giving people problems posting, but I'm still missing quite a few weigh-ins. Most of the missing ones are from people who usually pm me each week, so I'll give people the benefit of another day.

I'll check again tomorrow and if I don't have any more updates, I'll post the final results for last week :flower3:

Penneys has free kids cuts for grades K-6 all August. ;)

Just a quick post to say that I'm going to wait and post results tomorrow. I'm not sure if this is just a big vacation week or if the DIS is giving people problems posting, but I'm still missing quite a few weigh-ins. Most of the missing ones are from people who usually pm me each week, so I'll give people the benefit of another day.

I'll check again tomorrow and if I don't have any more updates, I'll post the final results for last week :flower3:

I didn't weigh in Friday and yesterday was blah. TOM for me and I know I'm bloated. ICK!:sad2:

Sunday QOTD: My goal is 150-160 because those fall in ideal healthy range for my height and because of my medium to large frame I know I'll stick to the upper end. I was probably in elementary or 7th grade when I last weighed that. :( I'd like to just be under 200 again. Got back under after high school(running and eating healthiest I could based on what mom/grandma cooked and vegetarian leaving out the meat).

Monday QOTD: I agree taking my meds. I've been extremely consistent with that. If only exercise was more consistent. I do feel A LOT better than I have in a year or so these past few weeks now that I'm over a month in on anxiety/depression meds. :) I've had a lot more energy to get housework done so it should transfer more into working out on purpose too. I also agree with vitamins and brushing teeth. I know its widely said that dental health shows a lot about how your internal body is health wise. I've been very good about flossing for the first time in my life because it keeps my daughter motivated after some really bad report at the dentist last month. All her work is done and she beat her anxiety and fear of the dentist. The final(3rd) filling set were done almost a month from the first exam visit and she told Zoe how proud she was that she had very little plaque so she could tell she was doing a lot better.

Good morning all! :goodvibes

I'm back from vacation and catching a bug and ready to jump back in here. It's been too long since I was here. pirate: But the good news is that I maintained during that time. :cool2:

Pamela, sounds like a great coupon you found. There have been multiple issues with Chrome and IE lately -- apparently they are having a fuss.

QOTD: In 60 seconds I can refill my water bottle. :)

That clippie looks great on you!

Tracey, hope you had a great birthday! :)

Shawn, hope that everyone is settled in at your house and ready for school to start. How are your sweet little kitties? :cat:

Carol, thanks for coaching this week! :flower3: Big :hug: on the kid transport issue. I end up doing the lion's share of them myself. Once I kind of got used to the idea that I was going to be the one doing it all it got better. :teeth:

Jen, hang in there! :hug: The madness that is getting ready for school to start again coupled with peri-menopause is so not fun. :hug:

You are so right that hanging out with your pets is a good way to get in the present. :dog:

Trina, sorry about the Praxis score. :flower3: When you are close like that can you ask them to review the test again? That happened to me on part of one of my bar exams and they passed me after review. It's worth asking. Your advisor should know or even call the Praxis folks.

Would one of those dorm bunks work in your room? The one where there is a bunk on top and a desk underneath? I saw some wall decals that adhered with static electricity that might be an option for you if you can't repaint.

I'm glad that you will be able to put the Petsmart part of your life behind you soon.

Let's switch gears to Disney now!

Tuesday QOTD: Since we're all Disney fans, when did your love for all things Disney begin? Did you get the Disney magic from the first time you entered a Disney park, or was it a love that gradually built up?

Ooo, I love talking about Disney, too. :smickey: I grew up in Anaheim and have had a lifelong love of Disney. I went every year for my birthday. As kids we would save up our money and go at least once a summer, carefully planning our tickets and rides -- our parents would drop us off outside the main gate and come back and pick us up at the end of the day. :rotfl:

During the summer I had to come home when the fireworks were over and I was a cast member in Tomorrowland. If you ever need your name sewn on your Mickey Mouse ears I am your go to gal. ;)

It was that 50+ year love of Disney that motivated me to start doing the RunDisney races and literally changed my life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Disney in some way, shape or form. I wear Mickey Mouse earrings every day; I have a Disney office; I spend hours planning our next getaway. We are DVC members and are going on our first ever Disney cruise next summer -- 12 days in the Mediterranean. :yay:

Thank you, Sue, for being our weightkeeper and for waiting for the delinquent folks like me to report in! :flower3:

End of the summer challenge is a tough, tough time for sure. ::yes::

Hi Melissa! :wave: Nice to see you.

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

QOTD Monday: I can take my vitamins!

QOTD Today: My room when I came home from the hospital when I was a baby was Disney. Therefore, it's all my parents fault. My mom always wanted to go to WDW but never did until my brother and I were born and we were around 2 and 6 and we had a great time. We've been 4 more times since and watched almost every disney movie known. I've turned into the Disney monster who knows everything and I'm applying for the DCP in January! So, really it's always been that way. :woohoo:

----
Done alright this week. Went to see the campaign last night with my friend. It was alright, had some funny parts, really only one that I need to see once. All of my friends are moving into apartments this year. I'm a little bummed living at home (due to work, money, etc). It's obviously a better decision at least until after my DCP, but the complete independence would be fabulous. :)

Kayla, it is hard to wait but it will be so much fun if you get to do a CP! :cool1:

Dona, so glad that I didn't miss you and get to say "bon voyage" and have a wonderful, wonderful time at WDW! :smickey:

LOTS of stress in life right now. Alan and I had a date day at Disney on Saturday and spent part of the day checking out the new Fantasy land at MK, had a few drinks at the Poly, and then headed home.

His daughter was giving his this impression she didn't want to be here. He's sounded like a broken record for weeks telling her "If you don't want to be here you let us know and we'll send you back to TX." We discussed it Saturday and I told him point blank "I'm tired of being taken advantage of. She doesn't want to be here she can leave, period. I'm not supporting a 20 something year old. My mom didn't do it with me."

I sat her down a few days ago and told her how I felt. I told her to quit burying herself in electronics and spend time with her dad. I told her "It pisses me off that I shelled out the money to get you here and you've not done anything you said you were going to do. I can't stand people who tell me they'll do something and then they don't." I reminded her of her dad's bout with cancer in 2008 and how she'd feel pretty bad if God forbid it were to come back and she'd be left kicking her own butt because she didn't spend more time with him. I told her I'm stressed out (she asked if it was because of her) and I told her "Partly, but not all of it. You guys want me to get pregnant but the more stress I'm under the harder its going to be." She got emotional at one point when I mentioned her dad's cancer. I told her "I'm not trying to be a b*tch but you have to look at it from my and your dad's point of view. Your dad isn't getting any younger. He's not going to be around forever. Yes, you've not had him in your life for 21 years but put the d*mn technology away and take advantage of the time you do have with him. Quit putting everyone else ahead of him. Its not fair to him and it pisses him off. I understand you miss your family and friends in TX but you made the choice to come out here to get a new start. Now do something about it."

She'll get paid in a few weeks and hopefully she'll pay me the money that we agreed upon. I told Alan I'll give her a few months to get her bearings but if she doesn't pay me to live here then she has to go. I'm not going to let someone live with me for free.

On the baby making front hopefully I'm making progress. I've been taking my prenatals. I've had 2 positive ovulation prediction tests (similar to the digital pregnancy tests you pee on. Except these give you a smiley face if your LH levels are high). I don't know how accurate they're going to be with my PCOS but I'm doing everything I can so this is possible between OPKs, baby dancing, temping, etc. I'm taking my chart with me on the 27th and hopefully it'll help my RE in figuring out what to do to help me.

Oh, and if your on my FB I have a few pictures of the new Fantasyland. We rode the new Dumbo and it was awesome! We also rode the new Goofy rollercoaster. It is definately geared toward little kids (it wasn't that long of a ride). It took longer to walk through the exit area then the actual ride. I more then likely won't ride it again but I loved the Dumbo and the play area is really cool! I wish I was a kid again so I could of played in it, LOL.

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenge & can re-start at any time, though
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you'll be marked excused

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 4
Congratulations jillbur, KDIPIAZZ, myweegirls & Rose&Mike!!!

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------42!
not reporting in for 1 week-----9
not reporting in for 2 weeks----6
not reporting in for 3 weeks----4
Excused--------------------------1
weigh ins-------------------------22
gains-----------------------------6
maintains------------------------7
losses----------------------------9
new or returning members ----0

Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer Challenge Week 10!
This week’s group loss = 0.0 pounds
Average percentage of weight lost 0 %
Total group weight loss so far 235.1 pounds!

AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 58 participants we had sign up for our start week on June 1st)
47% (this includes the Losers, Maintainers and Excused people!). Let's keep sending those weights people!

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 10?

The WISH Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer 2012 Challenge Week 10 Superstars!!
#10 - N/A
#9 - 0.20% - lmhall2000
#8 - 0.33% - Heather.Mohler
#7 - 0.40% - ChelleyB
#6 - 0.43% - Bethislucy
#5 - 0.73% - sissy ib
#4 - 0.88% - 6ofus2
#3 - 1.04% - thunderbird1
#2 - 1.06% - bigsis1970

and now
The WISH Biggest Loser "Sizzlin' Hot" Summer 2012 Challenge Week 10
Biggest Loser is:
#1 - 1.07% - mommyof2Pirates

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day! Congratulations mommyof2Pirates!!!
What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

31040weeklyBLsm.jpg

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

OOPS! I was one of those :guilty: I PM'd you - unfortunately, a gain this time. I've got to crawl back on that wagon for these last two weeks!

I didn't weigh in Friday and yesterday was blah. TOM for me and I know I'm bloated. ICK!:sad2:
Sunday QOTD: My goal is 150-160 because those fall in ideal healthy range for my height and because of my medium to large frame I know I'll stick to the upper end. I was probably in elementary or 7th grade when I last weighed that. :( I'd like to just be under 200 again. Got back under after high school(running and eating healthiest I could based on what mom/grandma cooked and vegetarian leaving out the meat).
Monday QOTD: I agree taking my meds. I've been extremely consistent with that. If only exercise was more consistent. I do feel A LOT better than I have in a year or so these past few weeks now that I'm over a month in on anxiety/depression meds. :) I've had a lot more energy to get housework done so it should transfer more into working out on purpose too. I also agree with vitamins and brushing teeth. I know its widely said that dental health shows a lot about how your internal body is health wise. I've been very good about flossing for the first time in my life because it keeps my daughter motivated after some really bad report at the dentist last month. All her work is done and she beat her anxiety and fear of the dentist. The final(3rd) filling set were done almost a month from the first exam visit and she told Zoe how proud she was that she had very little plaque so she could tell she was doing a lot better.

I'm looking at the upper end of my range too. But I'll double check my BMI once I get there. I figure it'll be easier to stick to then. When you go too low, it is so easy to slip back up.

Yes, prescription meds definately. All of mine are over the counter, but prescribed by my doctor. Vitamin D and Fish Oil especially, but I take Prevacid and Claritin D as well, both which went to over the counter after awhile. And I agree with the teeth. DH thinks I overbrush my teeth, I spend alot of time on them, but have not had a cavity or serious problem for years! My DH has had a couple of root canals and other problems, but still thinks I take too much time! DS has followed my example, especially since he has braces. Still after DH to take more time and floss. Good for Zoe beating her fear of the dentist and working so hard on her teeth:thumbsup2!

Good morning all! :goodvibes
I'm back from vacation and catching a bug and ready to jump back in here. It's been too long since I was here. pirate: But the good news is that I maintained during that time. :cool2:
Pamela, sounds like a great coupon you found. There have been multiple issues with Chrome and IE lately -- apparently they are having a fuss.
Carol, thanks for coaching this week! :flower3: Big :hug: on the kid transport issue. I end up doing the lion's share of them myself. Once I kind of got used to the idea that I was going to be the one doing it all it got better. :teeth:
Ooo, I love talking about Disney, too. :smickey: I grew up in Anaheim and have had a lifelong love of Disney. I went every year for my birthday. As kids we would save up our money and go at least once a summer, carefully planning our tickets and rides -- our parents would drop us off outside the main gate and come back and pick us up at the end of the day. :rotfl:
During the summer I had to come home when the fireworks were over and I was a cast member in Tomorrowland. If you ever need your name sewn on your Mickey Mouse ears I am your go to gal. ;)
It was that 50+ year love of Disney that motivated me to start doing the RunDisney races and literally changed my life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Disney in some way, shape or form. I wear Mickey Mouse earrings every day; I have a Disney office; I spend hours planning our next getaway. We are DVC members and are going on our first ever Disney cruise next summer -- 12 days in the Mediterranean. :yay:
Thank you, Sue, for being our weightkeeper and for waiting for the delinquent folks like me to report in! :flower3:
End of the summer challenge is a tough, tough time for sure. ::yes::
Have a great day all! :goodvibes

Sorry you had to end your vacation catching a bug, I've had that happen a few times. Really puts a damper on the vacation. Glad you were able to maintain! That was when I fell apart last time.

DS managed to screw up his courage and got a ride tomorrow and Thursday, so I don't need to take off early. I will probably do it a couple times next week, if DH manages he can take another day and maybe DS can get someone else to carpool with one day. Then school starts the following week and maybe the coach can help us out sometimes. Just don't want to make anybody feel like we are taking advantage of them.

How cool living so close to DL:lovestruc! And being able to work there as well. I know I do think about Disney nearly everyday - I am visiting the DISBoards or listening to the podcast and I have my shirts and jewelry as well!

QOTD Monday: I can take my vitamins!
QOTD Today: My room when I came home from the hospital when I was a baby was Disney. Therefore, it's all my parents fault. My mom always wanted to go to WDW but never did until my brother and I were born and we were around 2 and 6 and we had a great time. We've been 4 more times since and watched almost every disney movie known. I've turned into the Disney monster who knows everything and I'm applying for the DCP in January! So, really it's always been that way. :woohoo:
Done alright this week. Went to see the campaign last night with my friend. It was alright, had some funny parts, really only one that I need to see once. All of my friends are moving into apartments this year. I'm a little bummed living at home (due to work, money, etc). It's obviously a better decision at least until after my DCP, but the complete independence would be fabulous. :)

Vitamins and meds seem to be a recurring theme!

So you were indoctrinated early:goodvibes! Cool that you are applying for the DCP, good luck. I know someone from one of our previous challenges got in as well. It is worth hanging out at home is there is a chance you could do that.

LOTS of stress in life right now. Alan and I had a date day at Disney on Saturday and spent part of the day checking out the new Fantasy land at MK, had a few drinks at the Poly, and then headed home.
His daughter was giving his this impression she didn't want to be here. He's sounded like a broken record for weeks telling her "If you don't want to be here you let us know and we'll send you back to TX." We discussed it Saturday and I told him point blank "I'm tired of being taken advantage of. She doesn't want to be here she can leave, period. I'm not supporting a 20 something year old. My mom didn't do it with me."
I sat her down a few days ago and told her how I felt. I told her to quit burying herself in electronics and spend time with her dad. I told her "It pisses me off that I shelled out the money to get you here and you've not done anything you said you were going to do. I can't stand people who tell me they'll do something and then they don't." I reminded her of her dad's bout with cancer in 2008 and how she'd feel pretty bad if God forbid it were to come back and she'd be left kicking her own butt because she didn't spend more time with him. I told her I'm stressed out (she asked if it was because of her) and I told her "Partly, but not all of it. You guys want me to get pregnant but the more stress I'm under the harder its going to be." She got emotional at one point when I mentioned her dad's cancer. I told her "I'm not trying to be a b*tch but you have to look at it from my and your dad's point of view. Your dad isn't getting any younger. He's not going to be around forever. Yes, you've not had him in your life for 21 years but put the d*mn technology away and take advantage of the time you do have with him. Quit putting everyone else ahead of him. Its not fair to him and it pisses him off. I understand you miss your family and friends in TX but you made the choice to come out here to get a new start. Now do something about it."
She'll get paid in a few weeks and hopefully she'll pay me the money that we agreed upon. I told Alan I'll give her a few months to get her bearings but if she doesn't pay me to live here then she has to go. I'm not going to let someone live with me for free.
On the baby making front hopefully I'm making progress. I've been taking my prenatals. I've had 2 positive ovulation prediction tests (similar to the digital pregnancy tests you pee on. Except these give you a smiley face if your LH levels are high). I don't know how accurate they're going to be with my PCOS but I'm doing everything I can so this is possible between OPKs, baby dancing, temping, etc. I'm taking my chart with me on the 27th and hopefully it'll help my RE in figuring out what to do to help me.
Oh, and if your on my FB I have a few pictures of the new Fantasyland. We rode the new Dumbo and it was awesome! We also rode the new Goofy rollercoaster. It is definately geared toward little kids (it wasn't that long of a ride). It took longer to walk through the exit area then the actual ride. I more then likely won't ride it again but I loved the Dumbo and the play area is really cool! I wish I was a kid again so I could of played in it, LOL.

Sorry it isn't going well with Alan's daughter. I hope it gets better and she realizes how lucky she is, and that she needs to buck up.

Sounds like things are going good on the baby making front! Good luck!

I want to ride Dumbo this trip! Never have before, DS was too old so we never really thought about it. But it is an iconic ride, and I really want to just take a ride. Thinking it may be easier now that there are two of them and they have that new waiting queue. DH will roll his eye :rolleyes:, but I told him he needs to ride in front of me and turn around to take my picture!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Boss came back, but quiet day at work. For some reason very tired, and trying to sit through a meeting didn't help. But I did finally catch up on my expense reports!

Have a good evening all!

Carol

Another Disney one!

Wednesday QOTD: Let’s say you find yourself in Disney – alone! No kids, work, pets, responsibilities! What special event, show, tour, spa, little extra Disney thing would you like to do right now? You’ll have all the time you want to ride, there aren’t any lines, so what special thing would you like to do?

I would like to take some of the speciality tours, like Keys to the Kingdom. We never did before, DS was always too young, and now we only have a few days at a time so it would not work. Definately something I will do in the future.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter