Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Team Challenge for Losers and Maintainers!!!

QOTD: Looking forward to seeing Brave! Hope to see it on the cruise!

Parents will be here any time now. Just did my last consistent elliptical workout. Also made a pan of brownies while I cleaned up the kitchen!

Weekend is starting to calm down a bit. One client canceled and I have a feeling 2 more may as well. Oh well! Nothing I can do about it!

Brian and Ash are at soccer and Izzie just started playing Wii Sports Resort.

We had pizza for supper! I ate half a bbq chicken pizza. I hadn't eaten much before that and doing the workout I should be ok. Been drinking a ton of water today as well!

Only working until noon tomorrow as the kids have a half day. Then we may run to Kohl's to get Ash and myself bathing suits and sneakers. Also need to pick up some Mother's Day gifts.

Will have a slight gain or maintain in the morning but I'm feeling good. Looking forward to the Relay for Life next Friday night! I walked about 15 miles last year! I'm excited to walk a lot and enjoy my music and good conversations. I found it very therapeutic last year. Hoping the weather is cool, not cold or hot! It's been a horrible week weather wise so we are due to have a great night!

TTFN :tigger:

Hi everyone! I've been so MIA this week, but not for anything bad. On the contrary, I think I got hit with a big fit of spring cleaning/fever, and that got me going on some things at work that I really needed/wanted to get sorted out before my fiscal year-end projects hit. So I totally got going on all that, and now all of a sudden it's Thursday night!

Tracey, congratulations on Biggest Loser this week! :banana::yay::banana::yay:

QOTD catch-ups, at least the ones I can think of off the top of my head...

Our summer is planned almost to the minute! The week after school lets out, DDs will do a week of camp activities at their soon-to-be-former school. Then, they don't know it, but we pick them up that Friday and drive to Florida for PCC 3.0!* They know about the AKL stay starting a week later, but this will be a big surprise. :) When we get back, they have a couple of camp weeks - one gymnastics and one school - and then a week at Grandma's. Then they come back for another couple of camp weeks - one girl power at a local place we like and one school - another week at Grandma's, and then a week at Myrtle Beach. Then one last week of old-school camp, and then it's Labor Day weekend. *whew*!

*We had a freak-out moment when DDs heard a RadioDisney contest commercial last weekend! DD5 was all excited and told us how much she really wanted to go on a Disney cruise someday. DD7 looked very down and serious and said she *never* wanted to go on a Disney cruise. :scared1: We tried to get her to tell us why, but she couldn't come up with anything specific, just that she didn't want to go on one. Ever. This wasn't anything we ever anticipated when planning this surprise! They've seen the model of the ship in the resort lobbies, and they've talked about how they think it would be really cool - and then this. So when we got home that day, after dinner, we popped in the DCL DVD and said, hey, let's watch this show! Five minutes in, after seeing the run-down of the kids' clubs, DD7 was sitting straight up, staring, and said, "I changed my mind. I *really* want to go on a Disney cruise!!!" Cue sigh of relief. :)

On to movies - we saw Avengers last weekend and loved it! I'm a movie buff and will see lots of stuff...but Brave is way high up on my list. We're wondering if it might show on the Dream, as it opens on the 22nd, but if not, we'll see it when we get back.

I'm still maintaining, despite the toe and my only exercise being the stationary bike! I see the orthopedist again on Monday morning, and I expect to be leaving there without the shoe cast. :cool1: I'm thinking of creative ways of disposing of the damn thing. I should also know then at what point I can start running again. With the weather as beautiful as it's been lately, I'm really looking forward to that!

Happy almost Friday, everyone - I can't believe this challenge is almost done! I'm looking forward to the next one...

XO
Liz

Good Friday morning everyone.

We are leaving a while for ds2's graduation. We were just told last night that we are invited to breakfast in the engineering building.

I think we have everything that ds needs. He kept texting me to bring some extra things down that he forgot on Wednesday.

First graduation starts at 10 and when that is done we go to the engineering building for the engineering graduation. I know ds has to then check out of his dorm room and then I think we are going to his new apartment and then maybe a late lunch.

I have another Eagle ceremony to go to tomorrow. I think dh will go down to see his mom tomorrow and then we can all stay home on Sunday. I sent all the mother's day cards out last night so they should all get there tomorrow morning.

Off to get ready to hit the road.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Welcome to Healthy Habits The Finale: Soarin' and Soarin' Over California

We've come so far this challenge. We are truly "soarin'" on our health journey. In honor of some of what we see in this attraction and how wonderfully we have done,

For all 7 Days:

1. Celebrate the orange groves: Have 2 servings of fruit a day.

2. Get ready for the beach: Drink at least 48 ounces of water a day.

3. While you are at the beach, Relax: Do something relaxing each day.

4. Do something on plan each day. Examples: Watch portion sizes, journal points/calories, measure your food.

Mini-Challenges

1. Love Soarin's Music: Listen to music while exercising at least 3 times this week.

2. On one day this week, do something different that is OP. Examples: ount calories and fat, exercise for 10 minutes longer than usual, strength train. Or, do something like skip butter on your baked potato, have a sweet potato instead of a white potato, skip the sour cream on your taco.

Have a great last week of this challenge everyone!

Morning all!

Headed out on a field trip today with DS10 so I'll get a lot of walking in today!

Lisa Don't forget to log into MFP today!! We can do this!

I'm gonna weigh in tomorrow because I've had some not so great days the last 2 days so I want to have a good day today before I weigh in tomorrow.

Have a great OP day today everyone!!!

[/COLOR]
I'm hangin on too Lisa!!! I'm glad you are feeling better and hope that the scale is kind :goodvibes

Bikini?????? Are you crazy??? Not in this body...:rotfl2: I'm just hoping to not look like a beached whale at the pool ;)
I bet your body's not as bad as you think;) but I too cant imagine ever donning a bikini;)
So glad you made headway with the Swimming book!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yikes! It's already Thursday! And do you know what happened...:sunny: The SUN came back!!! I think I have been feeling dumpy due to the weather. I went home with a splitting headache yesterday, took a sulfidine (a headache medication I buy in bulk when I go to the UK and Ireland and works like a charm!!) and slept for an hour.

I ended up making GF pasta for dinner with GF pasta sauce and some shrimp. It was great tasting but my stomach is kinda gassy today :confused3 Oh well, I ate my yogurt this morning and it looks like soup for lunch with a big glass of water :drinking1
OK I SAW THE WEE GLASS AND IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT GUINESS:rotfl2::rotfl2: Water is indeed much healthier (even if its not so much fun:rotfl:)
I'm hoping for a run this afternoon provided my stomach settles...if not I can at least sit on the deck and get some Vitamin D!! Hang in there my friends and get ready for a nice weekend!!! I can't wait to do some planting in my window boxes :lovestruc

Welcome to Healthy Habits The Finale: Soarin' and Soarin' Over California

We've come so far this challenge. We are truly "soarin'" on our health journey. In honor of some of what we see in this attraction and how wonderfully we have done,

For all 7 Days:

1. Celebrate the orange groves: Have 2 servings of fruit a day.

2. Get ready for the beach: Drink at least 48 ounces of water a day.

3. While you are at the beach, Relax: Do something relaxing each day.

4. Do something on plan each day. Examples: Watch portion sizes, journal points/calories, measure your food.

Mini-Challenges

1. Love Soarin's Music: Listen to music while exercising at least 3 times this week.

2. On one day this week, do something different that is OP. Examples: count calories and fat, exercise for 10 minutes longer than usual, strength train. Or, do something like skip butter on your baked potato, have a sweet potato instead of a white potato, skip the sour cream on your taco.

Have a great last week of this challenge everyone!

Aiming to take part this week for sure but just wanted to say a big thank-you for all the effort you put into this:) its very much appreciated:thumbsup2
Finally in the 150's again so I'm chuffed to bits:yay:

Good morning everyone!!

I'm happy to report that...I surpassed my goal!! :banana::banana: I've officially lost 20.4lbs since I started Jan. 16th! I didn't start the challenge to the 24th, but I was still reading wish at the time so it counts. 4 months sounds like a long time and I see why some people might discouraged but when you take it 1 week at a time it is much easier. :goodvibes

Now I only have 10-15 more lbs to lose until I make it to my ultimate goal!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good Friday morning everyone.

We are leaving a while for ds2's graduation. We were just told last night that we are invited to breakfast in the engineering building.

I think we have everything that ds needs. He kept texting me to bring some extra things down that he forgot on Wednesday.

First graduation starts at 10 and when that is done we go to the engineering building for the engineering graduation. I know ds has to then check out of his dorm room and then I think we are going to his new apartment and then maybe a late lunch.

I have another Eagle ceremony to go to tomorrow. I think dh will go down to see his mom tomorrow and then we can all stay home on Sunday. I sent all the mother's day cards out last night so they should all get there tomorrow morning.

Off to get ready to hit the road.

Yeah!!! It's finally here! Enjoy the graduation :)

[/COLOR]

Aiming to take part this week for sure but just wanted to say a big thank-you for all the effort you put into this:) its very much appreciated:thumbsup2
Finally in the 150's again so I'm chuffed to bits:yay:

Oh how I wish it was a Guinness!!! When I think of Guinness I always remember two places...a really cool pub in Temple Bar and having my free Guinness in the Sky Bar after the Brewery tour (the view of Dublin was absolutely beautiful!!!) Hmmm...maybe this weekend....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Morning Friends!

The sun is shining and the grass is growing...time to plant my flowers!! I think i will assume that the frost will not be coming back for a while :hippie:

My deck gets crazy sun for most of the day so I was thinking petunias in the window boxes and maybe some hanging plants as well. I'm having a devil of a time finding a plant stand I like. My deck is small so I thought a tiered corner shelf would look nice....just can't find one that's not expensive (tried Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Christmas Tree Shop, and Sears.) I'm heading to Agway tomorrow and may just hit TJMaxx/Marshalls and Home Goods. Thought I would have had better luck by now :(

I forgot my yogurt this morning so I am heading out to Dunkin Donuts for an egg white flat bread and iced coffee (with just skim milk) It runs me 8 points for the sandwich and milk but such a nice treat this morning! I'm hoping to get out of here early today since I only have one student appointment and really need to do things at home. Brian has a long night at the 5th grade play with rehearsal going until 7:30...he has such patience with the kids as well as patience with his disorganized co-director - have you ever heard of a music teacher for an elementary school who didn't know how to play the piano??? Soo strange. Well, this is his last year at the school and will be looking for a new job this summer....being a behavioral aid does not pay very well :(

I'm going to do some updating to my Pinterest boards so feel free to follow me! Search "Karen Ferretti" or "Vista110". Love to have you on board!

Have a wonderful day!!

Good morning everyone! I just had to write today cause I'm so frustrated!! I gained a pound. This whole challenge has been up and down for me. And for the last 10 days I've really stepped up my exercise because I joined the May exercise challenge. I really need to figure out my eating and make it better. I'm tired of the yo-yo!! Congrats to those who have lost though, it's good to see that it does work! I have too much going on now and for the next few months to not get control of it, so I'll be re-reading posts on food cause I know you guys can help with it.
Ok, we can do it!! :yay:
--Lynda

Thanks, Dona, for coaching this week! :flower3:

And a big, BL welcome to Susan, our new coach! :goodvibes Hope your kitties are doing well.

Hope you are all doing well and are staying OP and in the wagon. If not, what are you waiting for?? Bikini season is just around the corner... are you ready??

:rotfl2: I'll never be ready for a bikini again but I am ready for swimsuit season.

And thanks to everyone for my goal support- it makes me feel like I can really accomplish them!

You can do it! :thumbsup2

Well, I am off all summer :cool1: so I plan to enjoy my time off. We are also supposed to be visiting relatives in TX, but airfare is killing our budget. I am thinking of telling my cousin we have to postpone and we may go to the Smoky Mountains instead. We love the Pigeon Forge area and love to spead time in the national park. There's so much to do there and it's free!

I hear you on the airfares this summer -- it is crazy! :crazy: Southwest has specials pretty much every Tuesday morning. Do you subscribe to their emails?

Lisa No the pool is really small and all the swimmers take up the whole pool with 2 groups, shallow end for polliwogs and deeper end for guppies. And I can't swim, irrational fear of water!! (must have drowned in a previous life, LOL)
I'll just have to build the schedule and figure it out. I'm also going to have DS15 make a plan for DS11 and I to work on drills and speed work.

You'll figure out a way! ::yes:: Sorry I had no idea about the water thing. :flower3: And I did catch up my MFP tracking --- I knew there was something else I needed to do yesterday. :blush:

Karen, hope the tummy is feeling better today. :flower3: Enjoy your week-end on the deck. I'm planting my windowboxes this week-end, too. It's a red, white and blue scheme -- red geraniums, white alyssum and blue lobelia.

Time for some celebration....I am finished with my first year of college!! :banana:

Congratulations! :yay:

Tracey, enjoy your week-end with your folks! :goodvibes

A big woo hoo on the maintaining, Liz! :woohoo:

CC, Soarin' is one of my favorite rides -- great HH! :thumbsup2

Woo hoo for the new decade, luvpoohandcompany!

I'm a samer this week but I feel like I will be a loser this coming week so it's all good. :goodvibes

Good morning everyone! I just had to write today cause I'm so frustrated!! I gained a pound. This whole challenge has been up and down for me. And for the last 10 days I've really stepped up my exercise because I joined the May exercise challenge. I really need to figure out my eating and make it better. I'm tired of the yo-yo!! Congrats to those who have lost though, it's good to see that it does work! I have too much going on now and for the next few months to not get control of it, so I'll be re-reading posts on food cause I know you guys can help with it.
Ok, we can do it!! :yay:
--Lynda

So sorry the scale didn't show all your hard effort today, Lynda. :hug: But it will! I bet with the increase in exercise that your body is going through an adjustment period and you may be retaining some water. Soon your body will get used to the new regime and the scale will be moving again. In the meantime, I bet you start noticing some NSVs, like loser clothes and jewelry. :goodvibes You can do it!

Good morning everyone!!

I'm happy to report that...I surpassed my goal!! :banana::banana: I've officially lost 20.4lbs since I started Jan. 16th! I didn't start the challenge to the 24th, but I was still reading wish at the time so it counts. 4 months sounds like a long time and I see why some people might discouraged but when you take it 1 week at a time it is much easier. :goodvibes

Now I only have 10-15 more lbs to lose until I make it to my ultimate goal!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Congratulations on making your goal! :thumbsup2

Congrats, Kayla!

Thanks, Lisa! They were still sleeping when I left this morning. It was a long day yesterday!

Well, down to one client for tomorrow! Some weekends that just happens! C'est la vie!

Going to Kohl's to find another bathing suit for Ash and me and also hopefully get both of us a pair of sneakers. They seemed to have some decent days.

Leaving work in about 30 minutes to pick up Izzie and then home for lunch and then running those errands.

Not sure if I will get in a workout today. Hoping to get in something at some point!

TTFN :tigger:

I know I have not posted in a while. I have been busy busy busy.

I managed to maintain since I started Spring Break at the beginning of April and have just gotten down to the 50 pound mark since starting in January.

I hope all are doing well and I look forward to seeing the big results that are coming out as we near the end of the challenge.

I am already looking forward to the next one so I can get back to being actively involved.

All the best.

Christopher

So sorry the scale didn't show all your hard effort today, Lynda. :hug: But it will! I bet with the increase in exercise that your body is going through an adjustment period and you may be retaining some water. Soon your body will get used to the new regime and the scale will be moving again. In the meantime, I bet you start noticing some NSVs, like loser clothes and jewelry. :goodvibes You can do it!

Oh thank you! I'm sure you're right and it just feels better having someone else say it. haha! My husband has been pushing me (because I asked him to help me) and this morning I really didn't like him. I feel bad about it now, but keep in mind, he's an actual army drill sgt right now, so he's used to it!! He wasn't yelling at me, but just kept pushing. I wanted to cry. But I made it through, and we'll do it again. Thanks again for your encouragement!!

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a fabulous OP day! I must say I am guilty of not tracking the last few days. I am conscious of what I am eating, and eating pretty ok, but I don't want to fall completely off the wagon (and get crushed under its wheels!). :rotfl2: I know tracking is KEY and I need to jump back on it. I WILL! Today I biked 14 miles. It was beautiful. I got rained on lightly for a couple of miles but it just made me feel that much stronger! Tomorrow I have an 11 mile training run on the schedule. Wish me luck!

Also, for whomever is interested, I found a running blog from the perspective of a runner that isn't the *typical* runner's size. Its a running site/blog for bigger people. I was so pleased to find this. The link I'm going to post is the part of the site I first found, and you can navigate around from there. It talks about how to get a better race time. I know I have had several questions that people "of size" if you will might have that might not be addressed on a "regular" running site. This was interesting. I hope some people can find something helpful here. I don't know this person at all, but just stumbled up on it somehow with something I was google searching.

http://bigrunnertraining.com/blog.html?entry=sprinkle-in-marathon-pace-training

folks-- just wanted you to know I'm not flaking out again--just a crazy day. Started last night with a call from police in albuquerque involving my daughter and driving my stepdad up to Portland today to the airport so he can go there to help her. In between the fast planning I was trying to get the kittens to go #2 all morning-- nothing yet....:::.pulls hair out:: ::::
will get back to you all later.

Hey-- late quotd plus tomorrow's....

quotd: Friday:

What motivates you more--- a goal or your health.

Mine was originally for my health as I really wrecked my back about 2 years ago.

quotd Sat:
Waht's your favorite veggie and fruit?

I know our farms are just starting up around here and I loove really fresh produce.

My favorite veggie is mushrooms. And did you know they are super high in vitamin D? Fruit is probably fresh pineapple. Enzymes in pineapple and papaya help heal skin. I found that out lately when a cat knocked down an old 50's radio off of our headboard onto my face. Mederma also works really great it helped my very old stretch marks and the scar stuff is really working good on my fresh cuts and even on my really old ones-- weird.

Well my stepdad's in Albuquerque and everyone is safe--all I can tell you guys is something really bad happened to my daughter. My stepdad is the kind of person that takes charge and gets things done so I am so grateful to him. He was also a firefighter and knows how to deal with police and bad guys too...

The kittens still haven't poo'd and I'm so worried I'll lose another. If they don't go by tomorow i will take them to the vet. I'll call them in the morning. Everything I read says that you are lucky if a few survive being orphaned that young so I am doing everything in my power to save them.

Here's a link to some kitten vid on my husbands facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=607963965

Good Saturday morning everyone.

Graduation was wonderful yesterday. The main ceremony was very different at the beginning. Now you need to know I am a graduation snob. I have been to over 50 to 60 grauations in the last 35 years.

First we were invited to breakfast in the engineering building. We got to meet a couple of my ds's teachers and some of his friends. We got to take some picture and then headed over to the graduation. We go to the main ceremony at 9 and we ended up all the way in the back. At 9:30 music started playing. Quite a variety from rock and roll to a Sousa march. Just before 10 they started playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel. This is where I almost lost it since it is such a touching song. Then they announced that the graduation was getting ready to start. WE could see the faculty getting ready to enter the area (We were on the college green right outside the administration building.) They started walking in and there was no Pomp and Circumstance. They started walking in to "Never on a Cloudy Day" and that segwayed to Footloose. I think that there was eventually about 15 bars of Pomp and Circumstance. We stood up at one time and realized that the graduates were coming in from the sides in the front. By the time the faculty had entered almost all the students were in. We were surprised at how efficient it was.

They had the choir and band perform a medley from Jersey Boys so there was a medley from the Beach Boys. Even the people on the main platform were up and dancing. My ds says that the engineering people weren't dancing but we couldn't see them.

The main ceremony was over in an hour. Then we had to walk across campus to get to the engineering ceremony. It was supposed to start at 11:30 but it started right at 12 which gave us time to get seat, they had some water around if we wanted it and run the the bathroom if we needed to. This was a very intimate ceremony in from of the engineering building. The ceremony was only about 30 minutes. We got to see him walk down the aisle and get his diploma case. Each area was called up one at a time and the professors from that area formed a receiving line as they walked across the stage. After each group got together to get a picture of their department. We also got to meet the professor that he will be working for for the next year and a half. Then we went out to lunch and we got to see his new apartment. (ds1 hadn't seen it.)

We got home last night and I didn't even eat dinner. I fell asleep about 9. It was a great day.

Will be back later.

Woohoo!! Down 1 pound which puts me at 10 pounds lost since I starting WISHing!
Will add my clippie later, on my phone and it's causing me fits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter