Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Team Challenge for Losers and Maintainers!!!

I was up till 4 am last night. I'm a bit drowsy today and so far it's not the best birthday ever. I basically found out last night that all my sources for my big research paper that i've been working on all semester did not count towards the 20 required sources. I'm not going into why but let's just say I was having a freaking panic attack and I did a semesters worth of research in one night. I think its done now, finally but it was just not great.

so yes, today is my bday, I have class and then I guess i'm going out to dinner with my parents. my boyfriend won't come. I'm a little annoyed.

Le sigh, it doesn't really feel like a birthday

Question of the Day
With summer just around the corner do you have any plans for the summer? (Besides being part of the summer BL challenge)

Have a happy and healthy day.
Well, I am transitioning into my new job as of July 2nd :) And they have me doing some travel...don't know where but hopefully somewhere good!! I'm not thinking a vacation is going to happen over the summer but I know I will be in COlorado in October for a work/conference/vacation. Bring on the pool at my condo...THAT is my summer plan!

Good morning, everyone.

I took a sneak peek at the scale for the first time during this challenge. All things are looking good, but I'm only recording Friday's weigh-in so hopefully it's even better.

My algebra final was difficult. I'm nervous to see what I got, but I'm SO glad it is over so I can stop worrying. I have one more easy final on Friday and I'm done!

Half-Marathon is next Saturday. Definitely undertrained. I'm not too worried about finishing anymore. Lately I've been worrying about injuring myself during the run. Since we leave for WDW that same week I don't want to overtress any muscles or end up twisting my ankle or something. I'll feel more apt to walk than run. I also don't have any belt for snacks or water. It'll certainly be interesting!

Have a beautiful day everyone!!
Kayla!! You can do it!!! Don't worry about the time...it's all about having the courage to even register for the race! Wishing you the best!!

Not much time to chitty chat here. I told DD I would google times and prices for her Scuba classes for her Senior project paperwork, so I need to get that done. Plus I am DEEP into the heart of two big scrapping projects. I am getting ready to start DD's swim book and I am getting ready and organized to get the book for DMIL underway (well... it is SORT of started). Just waiting for some feedback and more pictures from extended family.

Well..... off to make beds and hit the TM! Exercise time has been definitely lacking lately and I'm afraid it will start to show on the scale!!

I'll try to pop on at lunchtime to maybe catch up a bit here. I miss my daily chats with everyone when I'm not here! TTYL......................P
P, I am exhausted just reading your schedule!! Hopefully things will calm down soon :) But, I am jealous of the scrapbooking organization time!!

You mean you can wear bathing suits in other colors? :confused: This is the first year in FOREVER that I can actually wear any suit that is in my drawer.

Just swimming along here and hoping for a good week. :fish:
HA!! Lisa, it's an entirely new world when you buy a suit that is not black :rotfl2: I actually bought a turquoise suit last summer from Land's End and I really like it....ok, I also bought the same suit in black :lmao: I'm thinking purple will do the trick this year!!!

Keep on swimming....and I mean that literally as well ;)

Summer is our busy time!
Last days of school are June 13 and 14
School starts last Wed of August
Wow....and the summer hasn't even begun!! I hope you have time to relax for a bit with a nice glass of wine...after the kids go to bed!

I was up till 4 am last night. I'm a bit drowsy today and so far it's not the best birthday ever. I basically found out last night that all my sources for my big research paper that i've been working on all semester did not count towards the 20 required sources. I'm not going into why but let's just say I was having a freaking panic attack and I did a semesters worth of research in one night. I think its done now, finally but it was just not great.

so yes, today is my bday, I have class and then I guess i'm going out to dinner with my parents. my boyfriend won't come. I'm a little annoyed.

:bday:
I know it may not feel like it, but please enjoy your dinner out and the fact that your paper is done!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's already Wednesday!!! This week is flying and I really feel like I have not accomplished that much! With the boss back I think I have more to do...lol! The kids are now really comfortable with me so they continue to come here to talk and ask questions. Such a switch since last May I was bored out of my mind!

Rain...AGAIN!! Yes, we were in a drought situation a few weeks ago but come on Mother Nature!! You know how you feel when it's mucky out and raining...no desire to get up and go :( My legs finally feel better today and not as sore (I must have moved way too much furniture this weekend cause my legs were screaming for 2 days!) So I have hopes to hit spin class tonight after I deliver the Wizard of Oz scenery to Brian's school. I never made it to teh food store last night so I really need to get there....out of frozen veggies :scared1:

Hang in there friends!!! We are in the home stretch!! I'm already prepared for the summer challenge and my continued weight loss!!!

Question of the Day
With summer just around the corner do you have any plans for the summer? (Besides being part of the summer BL challenge)

I don't have anything big planned for the summer, maybe a weekend or two at the beach. But I do have some goals-

By the third week in June, I want to be at a 16:30mile. Totally doable, I think. I also want to be in the mid to low 170's.

By the end of July I want to be at a 15:45 mile and weigh no more than 171.

By the end of August I want to be at a 14:30 mile and weigh 167.

If I lay it out like this, I feel like I have a better chance at reaching my goals :)

Can't wait for the summer challenge!

trina - happy birthday!

pamela - can't blame you for indulging. that cookie dough sounds yummy!

jackslilwench - great goals. you can so do it!

QOTD: not too many big summer plans. most days will be a run in the morning followed by going to the beach club with the pool until lunch time/nap time. then after nap probably hit up the other beach club (the one down the street that just has the beach, no pool) to hang out. i realize two beach clubs sounds fancy...don't worry, it's not! after all, we do live in the bronx. hehe. i will be doing the bronx half marathon in august so i will make myself focus on that training and eating well to maximize my training efforts. we have a plan to go to WDW in september which may actually be moved b/c there's some convention in vegas that DH might need to go to.

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Looks very cool and I read on a good day that you can see Dublin and Belfast from the top -- wow! :cool2:

Just swimming along here and hoping for a good week. :fish:

Dont think it would be possible to see Dublin but it is a coastal mountain and on a clear day you can definitely see the higher peaks on The Lake District (England), some in Scotland,parts of the Isle of Man and Aaran Island so its really cool:cool1:

Happy Birthday Trina

Sorry you are so stressed out about your paper. It is amazing what can be done when our back is against a wall.

Lisa I noticed on my ticker on another page that I am now in double digits. :banana::banana::banana: until my trip

I don't have anything big planned for the summer, maybe a weekend or two at the beach. But I do have some goals-

By the third week in June, I want to be at a 16:30mile. Totally doable, I think. I also want to be in the mid to low 170's.

If I lay it out like this, I feel like I have a better chance at reaching my goals :)

These are really great goals! Very inspiring ::yes::

Yesterdays QOTD: During this challenge I did start exercising a lot more, so I'm happy with that, but my eating hasn't improved as much as it should. I'm doing better, but we're on a tight budget and sometimes it's easier to quit trying to find healthy foods cheap :( I know that's a terrible excuse, but it happens!

Todays QOTD: For June I plan to walk/jog ALOT taking my son back and forth to summer school (he volunteered!!). Then we'll spend all of July at my parents house and in August we'll relocate up to Michigan! Lots going on and I'm about ready for fall! hahaha!! :rotfl2:

Lynda

Wow, busy summer, Buffy! But looks like some good opportunities for training runs in between shuttling. :thumbsup2

I'm off to start my tracking for day 3 . . . we are almost there!

I hope! I can't leave swim but I might just put her in daycare at the place my mom works at so I can get some laps in at the green. One lap is 1.6 miles so I could realistically get a 5K in every day. Or I can the track at the HS while DS15 and DS11 are at XC and camp.

Woohoo!! Day 3!! Wanna try for 7 days???

Happy Birthday Trina!!! Sorry it wasn't the day you planned for, but think of it as the beginning of a new year!
Besides, you are in single digits until your trip!! You gotta be happy about that!

HA!! Lisa, it's an entirely new world when you buy a suit that is not black :rotfl2: I actually bought a turquoise suit last summer from Land's End and I really like it....ok, I also bought the same suit in black :lmao: I'm thinking purple will do the trick this year!!!

Wow....and the summer hasn't even begun!! I hope you have time to relax for a bit with a nice glass of wine...after the kids go to bed!

LOL I was thinking of buying that suit in purple and black!!

Yeah, our summer is crazy fast!
I would hit the wine today but I'm already pushing over my calories for today. DS15 is making Coq au vin for dinner but having my barley with it will push me up and over (I had 2 new soups for lunch. I couldn't decide which one I wanted and they were both so good, I ate them both!) LOL

Awesome goals!!!!!

Healthy Habits Results for Week 17: "a bug's land"

Congratulations to our participants! They were:
glass1/2fll
jillbur

Congratulations to jillbur for earning 25/30 points!

Healthy Habits Results for Week 18: Finding Nemo

cclovesdis
glass1/2fll
jillbur

Congratulations to jillbur for earning 23/30 points!

My paper is done! WOO HOO! Drinks on me! I have one more final for the semester and then i am done!

My birthday was ok, we went out to dinner and it was very good, a japanese buffet and all you can eat sushi. I only had one roll, I so wish I could eat more sometimes because I would have loved more!

I did not receive any gifts for my birthday so I can't share any exciting things, but it was still nice. I guess birthdays get less exciting as you get older.

I've decided to take my seinor seminar course next semester which is a really big deal. It's pretty much the hardest class i will ever take, but my teacher thinks i'm ready.

i'm tired so now its time for bed!

Good Thursday morning everyone.

Trina I am glad that your paper is done and you did get to celebrate your birthday in some way.

I spent a nice day with my parents. We met up with my mother's sister and her husband, my father's sister and another couple who are my mother's cousins.

Then dh and I had dinner with some friends and their relatives to celebrate their daughter's graduation from college. Dh got sick for the first time in over 2 months. In Jan all his tests came back as okay but there were a few times when he had some stomach problems. He hasn't had a problem since the beginning of March. He was tested for celiac but they were negative but we are still suspecting a gluten intolerance. I think we confirmed it last night. He got sick when he had a beer on an empty stomach. After he ate something and stopped drinking the beer he felt better.

Question of the Day

When I was growing up the summer movie season did not start until Memorial Day weekend. I remember standing in line to see Star Wars, Indianna Jones during Memorial Day weekends. But that seems to have changed. They are calling The Avengers the first summer blockbuster of this summer. (A little early for me)

Is there any movie coming out this summer that you are excited about?

I really don't know too many that are coming out since I don't usually go to the movies but I am looking forward to Brave. I love her red hair.

Off to get dressed for school and see how my kids did on the AP exam.

Question of the Day

When I was growing up the summer movie season did not start until Memorial Day weekend. I remember standing in line to see Star Wars, Indianna Jones during Memorial Day weekends. But that seems to have changed. They are calling The Avengers the first summer blockbuster of this summer. (A little early for me)

Brave!! I've been waiting, like, FOR.EV.ER for this movie to come out!

Trian, a belated Happy Birthday to you! :bday: party: I'm glad that the paper was done and that you are in the home stretch now. You can celebrate your birthday this week-end and relax!

Karen, a summer by the pool sounds lovely! :beach:

JacksLilWenchGreat job writing down those goals for summer! :thumbsup2

Nancy, a summer on the beach sounds like fun, too! :beach:

Dont think it would be possible to see Dublin but it is a coastal mountain and on a clear day you can definitely see the higher peaks on The Lake District (England), some in Scotland,parts of the Isle of Man and Aaran Island so its really cool:cool1:

Sounds very scenic and a fun goal for summer! :goodvibes

Lisa I noticed on my ticker on another page that I am now in double digits. :banana::banana::banana: until my trip

Woo hoo double digits! :woohoo:

Bummer about your DH being sick. Beware cross-contamination in the GF stuff. From what I've read about it from the folks here who have the sensitivity, it is easy to do.

Lynda, that is going to be a busy summer! :sunny: Fall will be here quick enough as it is. ;)

Buffy, can you do running in the pool while the kids are swimming? :fish: It is supposed to be excellent cross training. I haven't tried it myself. Cam does it a lot. A 5K for your short runs would be great and help pass the time.

I'm in for a 7 day streak -- we can do this! :yay: Then we should shoot for the rest of the month, what do you think?

Jill, a big, BL congrats on being HH winner two challenges in a row! :cool1:

And a big, BL congratulations to Linda, too, because she has been so consistent with HH this challenge! :flower3:

Thanks for the HH results, CC!

Question of the Day

I guess I will have to confess the answer was "no" as I had to look at a list of upcoming movies to see what is coming out. ;) I still haven't see Hunger Games yet. I was looking forward to Dark Shadows but it looks like it might be more weird than fun. :3dglasses I would like to see Avengers, too.

I do remember Star Wars and what a big deal it was. I saw it 13 times in the theater. :darth:

I don't know what the scale is going to say tomorrow but I do know that my body feels much better and I can tell things are going back in the right direction now that I am hanging on here in the wagon. Woo hoo! :woohoo:

Have a great day all!

Happy Thursday friends!

More busy days around here and still rainy! I know we needed the rain, but come on now! We had a half day of sun on Saturday (thank goodness for that!) and a mostly sunny day Sunday.... but that has been it for about 10+ days now!

Clicking along on DD's swim scrapbook and will DEFINITELY have it caught up to current by the time school gets out this year (unless things get nuttier!). THen I will put my full effort into DMIL's book with its early August deadline!

Hope you are all doing well and are staying OP and in the wagon. If not, what are you waiting for?? Bikini season is just around the corner... are you ready??

Talk with you later today.......................P

Good Thursday morning everyone.
Question of the Day

I am really looking forward to a few movies- Dark Shadows, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and Brave. The Avengers was AMAZING!!! I would be hard-pressed to ignore an invite to see it a second time...I may even extend an invite to myself. Any excuse to watch Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye ;)

And thanks to everyone for my goal support- it makes me feel like I can really accomplish them!

Question of the Day

Well, I am off all summer :cool1: so I plan to enjoy my time off. We are also supposed to be visiting relatives in TX, but airfare is killing our budget. I am thinking of telling my cousin we have to postpone and we may go to the Smoky Mountains instead. We love the Pigeon Forge area and love to spead time in the national park. There's so much to do there and it's free!

Hola my friends!! Once again, I must apologize for my MIA status since last week. Busy times around here again. Why is it when the KIDS schedules get busy, I can't find time to catch my breath?? Last weekend was SAT's and Prom for DD (both of which went great), plus my parents came up for a short visit to see DD in all of her attire. Monday was DD's first AP test, the one she was most dreading (Chemistry) and she came out smiling and cheering! All of her hard work appears to be paying off!

Further this week is a big speech due today for her in AP English, Tae Kwon Do for DS, plus the start of a delayed town rec league baseball season for him also. Friday is DD's AP US History test, so more before and after school study sessions, plus of course summer swim is kicking into high gear.... and this week her Senior project paperwork is due!! :headache: Crazy, crazy week around here! None of this applies directly to me, of course, except for all of the extra driving and extra "teen drama" that this creates.

Friday is also a Rainbow Girls bake sale and middle school penny sale, both of which I need to contribute to and attend.... and it's teacher appreciation week.... wouldn't it be nice of me to actually send something to the teachers??!!

Had a crazy encounter with some cookie dough a few days ago (for those of you who know me, you remember that this is my KRYPTONITE). Tried to talk DH out of making them, but DD needed to bring cookies to school Tuesday for a post-AP exam party for Chem class and DH didn't want to send in fridge dough cookies.... oh well. Fridge dough I can resist.... homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough I have trouble avoiding. I moved on and started right back OP the next morning, but my belly is having some trouble getting past all of the fat/sugar/fiber/carbs and is still gurgly a few days later. That will teach me!

Not much time to chitty chat here. I told DD I would google times and prices for her Scuba classes for her Senior project paperwork, so I need to get that done. Plus I am DEEP into the heart of two big scrapping projects. I am getting ready to start DD's swim book and I am getting ready and organized to get the book for DMIL underway (well... it is SORT of started). Just waiting for some feedback and more pictures from extended family.

Well..... off to make beds and hit the TM! Exercise time has been definitely lacking lately and I'm afraid it will start to show on the scale!!

I'll try to pop on at lunchtime to maybe catch up a bit here. I miss my daily chats with everyone when I'm not here! TTYL......................P

Geez~not much going on, huh? :rotfl2:
I'm glad my kids are still in elementary school. I do not need the high school years anytime soon!

so yes, today is my bday,

Happy birthday!

Healthy Habits Results for Week 17: "a bug's land"

glass1/2fll
jillbur

Congratulations to jillbur for earning 25/30 points!

Healthy Habits Results for Week 18: Finding Nemo

cclovesdis
glass1/2fll
jillbur

Congratulations to jillbur for earning 23/30 points!

Thanks for all your hard work CC. And thanks for the fun themes and keeping me on track!

Question of the Day

I really don't know too many that are coming out since I don't usually go to the movies but I am looking forward to Brave. I love her red hair.

I really am not looking forward to any movies except Brave. I wouldn't mind seeing Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, but would like to read the book first.

Jill, a big, BL congrats on being HH winner two challenges in a row! :cool1:

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am showing my American History class Pearl Harbor today so I actually have a chance to get on the computer! I am planning to go grocery shopping after work. I need to go to Aldi's to get snacky things for the kids & DH and for the kids lunches. Then I'm off to the regular store to get everything else including meats.

I am hoping to make it to circuit training today, unless my new shoes have arrived when I get home via UPS. Then, I might skip the gym and take the new shoes for a run.

DSs have swimming lessons tonight. I can't believe how improved DS5 is. He just swims all over the high school pool now. I can't wait for swimming in the summer this year.

I also can't believe DH and I leave for WDW a week from tomorrow! I am so not organized for this yet, but I do have lists. Tons of lists.

I have a meeting in 10 minutes, so I am going to head out. I'll catch up later.

Have a great day!

Jill

Lisa No the pool is really small and all the swimmers take up the whole pool with 2 groups, shallow end for polliwogs and deeper end for guppies.
And I can't swim, irrational fear of water!! (must have drowned in a previous life, LOL)
I'll just have to build the schedule and figure it out. I'm also going to have DS15 make a plan for DS11 and I to work on drills and speed work.

Question of the Day

Hope you kiddies did well on the exam :)

I am GI and I hear your husband's pain from here! I'm constantly testing my gluten and I always feel crappy after I eat it. Maybe he can try to lay off the gluten for a while and see how he feels?

Summer movies....since when is May the summer??? I did see The Avengers...I know soooo many people love it but I thought it was lacking. The story line was weak and aside from Robert Downey Jr and his funny comments I was not impressed. Even less impressed with the summer line up....except for Brave...can't wait for that one!! Also, I heard that Nemo was coming to 3D in July in the theaters!!! I hope the rumors are true!!!

I guess I will have to confess the answer was "no" as I had to look at a list of upcoming movies to see what is coming out. ;) I still haven't see Hunger Games yet. I was looking forward to Dark Shadows but it looks like it might be more weird than fun. :3dglasses I would like to see Avengers, too.

I do remember Star Wars and what a big deal it was. I saw it 13 times in the theater. :darth:

I don't know what the scale is going to say tomorrow but I do know that my body feels much better and I can tell things are going back in the right direction now that I am hanging on here in the wagon. Woo hoo! :woohoo:

Have a great day all!

I'm hangin on too Lisa!!! I'm glad you are feeling better and hope that the scale is kind :goodvibes

Happy Thursday friends!

More busy days around here and still rainy! I know we needed the rain, but come on now! We had a half day of sun on Saturday (thank goodness for that!) and a mostly sunny day Sunday.... but that has been it for about 10+ days now!

Clicking along on DD's swim scrapbook and will DEFINITELY have it caught up to current by the time school gets out this year (unless things get nuttier!). THen I will put my full effort into DMIL's book with its early August deadline!

Hope you are all doing well and are staying OP and in the wagon. If not, what are you waiting for?? Bikini season is just around the corner... are you ready??

Talk with you later today.......................P

Bikini?????? Are you crazy??? Not in this body...:rotfl2: I'm just hoping to not look like a beached whale at the pool ;)

So glad you made headway with the Swimming book!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yikes! It's already Thursday! And do you know what happened...:sunny: The SUN came back!!! I think I have been feeling dumpy due to the weather. I went home with a splitting headache yesterday, took a sulfidine (a headache medication I buy in bulk when I go to the UK and Ireland and works like a charm!!) and slept for an hour.

I ended up making GF pasta for dinner with GF pasta sauce and some shrimp. It was great tasting but my stomach is kinda gassy today :confused3 Oh well, I ate my yogurt this morning and it looks like soup for lunch with a big glass of water :drinking1

I'm hoping for a run this afternoon provided my stomach settles...if not I can at least sit on the deck and get some Vitamin D!! Hang in there my friends and get ready for a nice weekend!!! I can't wait to do some planting in my window boxes :lovestruc

Question of the Day When I was growing up the summer movie season did not start until Memorial Day weekend. I remember standing in line to see Star Wars, Indianna Jones during Memorial Day weekends. But that seems to have changed. They are calling The Avengers the first summer blockbuster of this summer. (A little early for me)Is there any movie coming out this summer that you are excited about?

Oh yah there is...GI JOE!! hahaha!! Ok, ok, I know I'll get laughed at for this, but I'm a Army wife, so I am partial to soldiers you know. But the real reason is for The Rock...Oh how I love watching him :rotfl2:

I also need to see the Avengers yet, everyone's been raving. And Dark Shadows looks good too.

Good afternoon everyone.

QOTD: Brave for sure! Other than that I don't really know of too many that are coming out, so I guess that is it!

Time for some celebration....I am finished with my first year of college!! :banana: :banana:

Other than that, not much going on here. Hope you are all having a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter