Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Team Challenge for Losers and Maintainers!!!

So nice to see so many new Names this time around! Ready to get rid of all that holiday weight!

TTFN :tigger:

I'm all weighed and measured and ready to go! :thumbsup2

I was happy to see that I didn't gain anything over our trip or the holidays. I only lost 8 lbs in all of 2011, but it's still a loss.

i have let myself go for the last 20 years im 40.. and when I in school was skinny and people were worried about me and now im over weight. and people and me are worried..'

I started my journey OCT 3, 2011 i weight 249 pounds and was a size 24... and now im 224 pounds and a size 18... (when i tried on the size 18 i cried.. i couldn't believe what i was seeing.).

im making small goals for myself... my goal is 199 pounds and then i will go from there

I dont have a tape measure at this time.. but will get one...

I'm a LOSER! Just waiting for my team assignment.

Have 15 to 20 lbs to lose to feel like myself again. Keep saying I will start tomorrow, except tomorrow never seems to arrive. :laughing:

Just sent my PM to join. I lost about 80 pounds a couple of years ago with the this board's help...unfortunately a lot of it found me again so I have to start over. Hopefully I'll have the resolve to do this again.

Right now I am jonesing for a diet pepsi which I know I have to cut back on. I had a lot of success when I limited myself on the caffeine and carbonation.

I just sent a PM to join a few minutes ago. Not sure my exact weight right now because we not have a scale. :upsidedow But, I think it's about 50#s over where I want to be. I will get to a scale (or buy one) today

I have struggled with 30-50 extra #s since DD was born. I have been to lifetime and back 2 times with WW. Both times I stopped attending as soon as I reach my goal weight. The second time I swore I would keep going:rolleyes1 Now here I am again +50#s. This time I want to get to my REAL goal weight. I will turn 40 in Sept. I want to be in the 140s by 40!.

I am a runner and I stopped running right after I completed the Princess Half last Feb. That is when the weight really jumped on me. Before that I was maybe only 20#s overweight. I have not been running and I've been stress eating all of 2011. Yeah, that explains why a lady asked me last week if I was expecting:mad:

Anyway, I am excited to have an easy and accountable way to be a loser:woohoo:I am looking forward to getting to know everyone:cutie:

:welcome: I identify a lot with your post! Seems we have the same goals. I am at my heaviest right now - ever. I, too, am a runner. I know it would be so much easier on my all my joints - knees, ankles, everywhere- if I lost some weight. I would be able to run faster, which is my running pet peeve. I feel like I am putting in so much effort and not getting anywhere. However, when I first started running I could only run a 18 minute mile (and I was actually 25 lbs lighter then - 18 months ago). When I started running it was very sporadic (like hardly at all) but I ate whatever I wanted thinking "I'm training for a half marathon". lol. The results weren't cute-- in my 25 lb gain and my finish time at the race. I am happy to have just completed it, but now I want a faster time. I have yet to properly train for a race, I feel. Im doing the Tinker Bell Half Jan 29, and I hope to do ok in that. By the end of this Challenge I think I will have a much faster time. Anyway, welcome! And congrats on the Princess half! I have never done that one.:cool1: :woohoo:

I forgot to send my weigh-in yesterday and I need to find a tape measure to do inches, I know I have one someplace. But I need to lose 100lbs to be at my goal weight. That makes me ill to type that. :sad1:

I've always struggled with my weight since I was a teen. I have yo-yo'd a lot but I need to just find a lifestyle that works for me and that leaves me eating healthier and exercising a lot more. If I can find my balance then the weight should just come off.

My 10th anniversary is this summer and I was supposed to be at goal weight by then. If I do things right, there isn't a way to make that happen but I can be a good ways along my journey so that's what I need to focus on.

ETA~ I forgot to introduce myself! LOL I'm Mary, a 34 yr old SAHM & FT student. I have 4 kids and a very busy DH who has weird hours so I'm home with the kids a lot on my own. I do have a membership to the Y and it has childcare included so really there isn't much excuse to not get off my ever expanding behind and get it in gear!

Hi! :flower3: My name is Ami and I'd love to be a part of this group. I am a 34 year old full time mom, worker and student so my life is super busy but exciting!! In August of 2010 I started my journey to a healthier me. I started out at 285 pounds and am currently at 170. I'd like to lose another 25 and then start maintaining. I'm hoping to hit my goal weight before our spring break trip at the end of march but the weight loss has slowed down tremendously. I count calories, try to get plenty of protein and exercise daily. I vary between weight training, half hour cardio and hour long cardio. Anyone have any helpful tips at prodding the weight loss along?:confused3

Hello,

Joining in to lose! Lost 50 pounds on WW last year and have gained a few back in the last couple months so I need to get back on the wagon.

Kristi

Hi! I sent my PM to join this morning :goodvibes I am turning 40 in a few short weeks and my friend and I signed up to do "Mud Run" to celebrate in June. I have to lose some weight so I don't collapse on the course! :scared1:

Looking forward to meeting others and getting encouragement along the way.:thumbsup2

Hi. I would like to join this challenge as I've tried (and failed miserably!) to lose weight on my own. So I'd really appreciate some mutual support through the challenge.

JANIS - I've lurked on the DIS for a while but only just joined so I can't PM yet.
If you see this message I'd be grateful if you sign me up as a loser.

I need to lose 60 lbs altogether. That will take me much longer than this challenge but I really hoe this will get me started in the right direction.

:welcome: I identify a lot with your post! Seems we have the same goals. I am at my heaviest right now - ever. I, too, am a runner. I know it would be so much easier on my all my joints - knees, ankles, everywhere- if I lost some weight. I would be able to run faster, which is my running pet peeve. I feel like I am putting in so much effort and not getting anywhere. However, when I first started running I could only run a 18 minute mile (and I was actually 25 lbs lighter then - 18 months ago). When I started running it was very sporadic (like hardly at all) but I ate whatever I wanted thinking "I'm training for a half marathon". lol. The results weren't cute-- in my 25 lb gain and my finish time at the race. I am happy to have just completed it, but now I want a faster time. I have yet to properly train for a race, I feel. Im doing the Tinker Bell Half Jan 29, and I hope to do ok in that. By the end of this Challenge I think I will have a much faster time. Anyway, welcome! And congrats on the Princess half! I have never done that one.:cool1: :woohoo:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I run slow all the time. I think my fastest mile was just over 12 minutes. 18 minutes is faster than sitting on the couch;) Great for you for running in the Tinker Bell Half. The Princess Half was fun, and if you ever have a chance to run it I highly recommend it. I am thinking about doing it again next year.

2 of the 6 women I ran the Princess Half with last year are running a full marathon this year:scared1: Uh...as soon as I finished the half last year I knew I would never run a marathon. Even though I felt great, there is no way I wanted to do another 13.1. :eek:

Right now, I am with you: I think I will be in better running shape at the end of this challenge. I have a 13.1 magnet on the back of my car, and every time I see it I think: "other people must see me getting out of this car and think 'her husband must be the runner cause no lady that out of shape and overweight is bragging about running 13.1.'" :lmao:

Nice to "meet" you!

I'm in!!!

I'm weighing in tomorrow..

I'm gonna go for 4 lbs a month and if I do more.. then.. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

My idea for this year is to be healthy. I don't need to be "thin"... I need to feel better and be better for ME!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter