Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Just got the call that my new grandaughter made her appearance at 2am today.

Will be stopping by to see her friday on the way to the beach. :love::love:

Wonder if the kids will let me take her to the beach with me. :moped:

Probably not but we may just take the grandson off their hands for the weekend.

Good Wednesday morning everyone. It is the Jewish holyday and I have the day off. I am planning on making a tablerunner for a friend who is moving to Arizona. It will have lighthouses on one side and a beach scene on the flip side. While I am doing that I will also make a halloween one for my dinning room table. It is an easy pattern. It takes longer to cut the fabric than to do the sewing.

II had a great great QOTD but I thought of it before I went to sleep last night and of course I can't remember it this morning.

Pam I am sorry for all your daughter's drama about swimming. It is so difficult to leave something that is such a big part of her life for so long. Then throw in the all the college stuff it is very stressful. Good luck with the visits this week. My gf's daughter goes to URI and is spending this semester in the Bahama's for her marine biology program. Must be nice.

Question of the Day

If you had three wishes, one for you and the other two for anyone else you want what would they be?

Have a happy and healthy day

Hey Dona, our school was off too. It rained today, but I did get outside and picked up acorns. They are scattered through my ivy and if I don't get them now, I will be pulling them all next year.

Wishes:

Me: Peace and tranquility ... I am so lucky to be blessed with a great life, I just get overwhelmed with how busy it can be.

Family: My sons and husband to just be "happy" with whatever path life directs for you.

My DIS Friends: The goal weight you are working towards. :goodvibes

Question of the Day
If you had three wishes, one for you and the other two for anyone else you want what would they be?

for my children.....personal success and happiness in life.
for my Mom and brother.....that these difficult days in their lives pass quickly and easily.
for me.....that my DH would take control of his weight/health so I can love him and have him with me for many, many, many more years to come.

this was a hard one and really made me cry.

Hugs to you ..... I hope your wishes come true.

:offtopic:

Okay .... does anyone know what is up with the smilies? I don't have any hug smilies and I use these a lot on here. I don't like when my smilies are all messed up. Okay, thanks for reading my vent.

Congratulations on a new family member. party:

And congrats to 6ofus2 for being a big loser this week!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Mary•Poppins;46278981 said:
Hugs to you ..... I hope your wishes come true.

Thank you. Been a rough year and we have a bumpy one ahead with both of them.

Good Thursday morning everyone.

Good luck to anyone going off for a race this weekend.

I spent a great day off. I sewed in the morning. I made a table runner for my dinning room table and one for a friend who is moving. For my friend I made one with lighthouses and onthe opposite side a beach scene. For us I made a halloween one. I will try to get a picture of it. ON it I placed a Jim Shore piece (he does sculptures with quilt themes) that depict the three hitchhiking ghosts and then added three tombstones we found at DW last month. The Jim Shore piece is dh's birthday present and it came on Tuesday. I told him he could open it early (birthday Oct31) so that we can use it for the month.

Question of the Day

Do you use a lot of Disney in your holiday decorations?

We have several disney halloween pieces and many disney Christmas pieces. They are not the only ones we have but they are a good chunk on our decorations.

Off to a busy day.

Have a happy and healthy day.

QOTD: For Halloween, we don't do a lot of decorations at all. We've never been big Halloween people (ironic as we're participating in a "Happy Haunted" race this weekend). Our daughter has pretty extreme visual sensitivities so Halloween and with the scary costumes and decorations, it was always a no go for us. We usually go out driving along the beach that night and pull out the Charlie Brown Christmas CD which then gets played in our car for two months.

Christmas is another story! We go all out and several of the decorations are indeed Disney related. We have ornaments from just about every trip. Love putting them up every year!

Question of the Day

Not usually. However...a good friend of the family recently gifted my daughter with some of the princess figurines from the Disney Village set. She loves those things, and I love to display them.

I was behind a family while leaving the airport on sunday and they had a Mickey Popcorn Bucket from MNSSHP hanging on their stroller. I want one to put out for Halloween!!!!

kollerbear said:
Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 2

First, some statistics:

MAINTAINERS (i.e. participants staying within 2 lbs of their goal weight):

Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining-----2
Congratulations princessbride6205 (Nicole) & myweegirls (Liz)!!!
Maintainers Reporting In------------------------------1

LOSERS:

Current Participants----------------69
Weigh ins-----------------------55
Excused-------------------------2
Missing this week (first time)----11
Missing this week (second time)--1

Losses--------------------------39
Maintains------------------------5
Gains --------------------------11
New this week-------------------0

This week’s group loss = 58.9 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.58%

RETENTION RATE (including Maintainers and Losers): 57/72 = 79%

THE WISH BIGGEST LOSER FALL CHALLENGE! WEEK 2 SUPERSTARS!!

Disclaimer: I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference the weight lost formula is = loss for the week divided by last week's weight times 100.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 2?

#8 (tie) - 1.30% - DorkyDisneyMom (Mary)
#8 (tie) - 1.30% - KDIPIAZZ
#7 (tie) - 1.31% - CruiseBoundinKY (Karen)
#7 (tie) - 1.31% - Melissahac99 (Melissa)
#6 - 1.49% - Reagansmom
#5 - 1.50% - SunnyB1066
#4 - 1.64% - andijean (Andrea)
#3 - 2.31% - elleherself (Elle)
#2 - 2.47% - disneymom2one (MB)

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 1 Biggest Loser is:
#1 - 2.56% - 6ofus2 (Robbie)

Congratulations!!!

What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week!

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version:

or use this:

or we have a medium version:

or use this:

and we have a small version:

or use this:

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great?!

Yay! Thanks everyone! Congrats to all the losers this week!

AWWW Congrats!!!!! a new littel bundle to love an cuddle.. Have fun with your GS!

Good luck to anyone going off for a race this weekend.

I spent a great day off. I sewed in the morning. I made a table runner for my dinning room table and one for a friend who is moving. For my friend I made one with lighthouses and onthe opposite side a beach scene. For us I made a halloween one. I will try to get a picture of it. ON it I placed a Jim Shore piece (he does sculptures with quilt themes) that depict the three hitchhiking ghosts and then added three tombstones we found at DW last month. The Jim Shore piece is dh's birthday present and it came on Tuesday. I told him he could open it early (birthday Oct31) so that we can use it for the month.

Question of the Day

We have several disney halloween pieces and many disney Christmas pieces. They are not the only ones we have but they are a good chunk on our decorations.

Off to a busy day.

Yay! Thanks everyone! Congrats to all the losers this week!

Disney Holiday Decorations.. well I do not have any Halloween ones YET last year we finally moved to someplace where we'd get T or T (when my own kids are too grown up to enjoy it anymore) and we just didn't have the $ as we had lots of fixing up to do so maybe this year we'll get a few.. I do however have LOTS of Disney Christmas decorations and we mainly use them all season..

Indygirl - Congratulations!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Question of the Day

We use some. We don't decorate a lot for Halloween, but I think we have Mickey & Friends window clings. And we usually have Disney costumes. Last year DD was Cinderella and this year she is going to be Belle.
Christmas, we have lots of Disney decorations. We have a Mickey Christmas card holder, Mickey and Friends in holiday attire stuffed animals, Santa Stitch, and tons of Disney ornaments.

Hello all! :wave2:

I have a lot of catching up to do but just have to share this

222036_420281991368037_1148426185_n.jpg

Congrats to indygirl99 on your new grandbaby! :flower3:

Sorry that I have been MIA, I have been reading though. I have had a lot of stress in the last week and a half and am eating everything I can get my hands on. I just do not feel motivated to work on losing right now as it feels like one more thing that I do not have control over. I know that if I exercise I feel better so that is something that I am trying to do. Sorry for the vent.

Just got the call that my new grandaughter made her appearance at 2am today!

Congrats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry to be so M.I.A. lately... Really busy day today. Having a large gathering this weekend so today was 'crazy cleaning of the house' day. Did a load of laundry, cleared the dishwasher and washed the water bottles in the sink, cleaned the bathroom, took out the garbage and ran errands...all before noon! :cool1:

On top of all that, last week we found termites so we had the exterminators here today, plus we had to move the woodpile so that he could spray around the house. Fun... :rolleyes2

So it feels good to finally get some rest this afternoon before cleaning the rest of the house tomorrow. Not to mention that I have to bake a brownie trifle for the gathering. Which has chocolate syrup and caramel and whipped cream and chocolate chips and all the other yummy stuff that I shouldn't be eating. Must exercise self control!!!

Was able to get to Zumba last night and did much better than the last time. Last time, I pushed myself too hard, got over-heated and ended up throwing up in the kitchen sink... That is one thing that I've really had to learn is to pace myself and not beat myself up over not being able to keep up with everybody. So I ended up bringing a cooler with 2 water bottles and a freezer pack which really helped bring my temperature down when I started getting too hot. Thinking I may do that more often. :scratchin

And for the best news, we got our luggage tags for Disney in!! Getting excited now!

Hope everyone has a great weigh-in tomorrow!

And a little something for the Sherlock fans on here:

tumblr_mam87f1eQh1qb6m4c.gif

Get it? :laughing:

pjlla said:
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! Yup.... I share both first and last names... but not middle.

.....P

Yay! I live winning!

indygirl99 said:

Oh my! Congrats and enjoy :)

:

Okay .... does anyone know what is up with the smilies? I don't have any hug smilies and I use these a lot on here. I don't like when my smilies are all messed up. Okay, thanks for reading my vent.

I don't know, but every time I'm on, they change & move on me!

donac said:

Question of the Day

I don't have too many Disney decorations, but I am trying to add things after each holiday when they are on sale/clearance. I bought a white 3ft fiber optic tree last year & a bunch of Disney ornaments for it, so that'll go in my dining room this year. I can't wait. DH thinks I'm nutso, so I'm glad I can share my excitement with other Disney freaks lol!

penguin1102 said:
Sorry that I have been MIA, I have been reading though. I have had a lot of stress in the last week and a half and am eating everything I can get my hands on. I just do not feel motivated to work on losing right now as it feels like one more thing that I do not have control over. I know that if I exercise I feel better so that is something that I am trying to do. Sorry for the vent.

Oh no :(
I hope things turn around for you. Keep checking in here if you need support. That's why we're here :)

belledreamer said:
So it feels good to finally get some rest this afternoon before cleaning the rest of the house tomorrow. Not to mention that I have to bake a brownie trifle for the gathering. Which has chocolate syrup and caramel and whipped cream and chocolate chips and all the other yummy stuff that I shouldn't be eating. Must exercise self control!!!

You had me at brownie :) It sounds wonderful...but maybe a tad too many WW points for me? Lol!

Just a quick hello to everyone!

WARNING: RANT-I had an absolutely terrible day at work today. In fact, during our teacher lunch meeting, I almost walked out. There's a lot of mismanagement in our small company & I'm so sick of being dumped on while others don't do their jobs. I teach 6 different History classes a day plus do 1/2 of the special Ed work (tons of documentation & paperwork). I'm just getting burnt out. It probably doesn't help that I work in an alternative Ed program for kids with behavior problems, huh? But, I ate 6 Hershey kisses, came home & went to the gym for an hour. I feel much better now, but am dreading tomorrow since I have an iep I need to work on. Sorry to ramble, but I just had to get this frustration off my chest! I am looking for a new job ASAP. That's stressful also!

I hope everyone has an awesome weigh in tomorrow! I'll be back then to check in. Have a great night & as a semi-Steelers fan (it's hard not to be when we live so close), I don't say this often, but go Browns tonight!

Jill

Good evening all!

Going to answer a QOTD before I move on: For Halloween I have some plastic light up pumpkins. One is a Tigger face, another is Tinkerbell and another is Mickey Mouse. This year we also have a Perry Pumpkin that we used at our NEDismeet 2 weeks ago. If you see any photos from the event especially of the podcast you will see it. My cold weather costume is a Tigger costume. Not sure what I will be this year. I need to get thinking about that.

So Sorry I have been so MIA. This have been unusually chaotic around here the past few weeks with school starting, DH starting a new job, dancing and soccer starting and the girls and I being sick since last Saturday. We all went back to school and work today despite not feeling 100% but sometimes you just need to push through.

I like to post my questions the night before so I don't forget! I will try and get on during the afternoon tomorrow for replies. I have to work until 1:30 and then do some errands. If it rains I will have some extra time. I will be starting fresh with my weigh in tomorrow as I have been HORRIBLE since being sick! With this cold all I wanted to do was eat and very poor stuff so hopefully being your coach this week will get me back in a healthy mode! Feed a cold, starve a fever! I didn't have a fever at all but the cold was a dousy!

OK, here goes!

Hi, I'm Tracey and I'll be your coach this week! I have done several challenges but due to a lot of stress and crazy work schedule I have fallen off the wagon and looking forward to getting back where I was at the beginning of the summer. I'll have some fun questions this week and some thought provoking ones.

This first question is based on my very over active TIVO tonight!

Friday's Question of the Day: What old and new shows are you looking forward to this season?

I record a lot of shows. I try to watch some of them on demand when I do the elliptical which I plan on starting up again sometime this weekend!

For returning shows I'm looking forward to Grey's Anatomy, Scandal (yeah, they start tonight). We also love Big Bang Theory. We're watching Person of Interest right now. We really enjoy Doctor Who (will be very sad with Saturday's finale). We watch CSI and CSI New York. We like Survivor and Amazing Race. Loved Private Practice last night too!

I have trouble sleeping some nights so now I will have something to watch when that happens.

Man, I watch WAY TOO MUCH tv!

Have a great Thursday night! I'll catch you guys tomorrow!

Don't forget to send in your weigh ins to kollerbear! She has been very good at reminding me each week as I've been quite forgetful lately!

TTFN :tigger:

Evening all! Worked today and working again tomorrow, plus kids have their Homecoming dance tomorrow night, so unless I get computer access at school tomorrow, I won't be around again until tomorrow night.

Feeling pretty ok about tomorrow's weigh-in, but had sushi with soy sauce for dinner, so that might be an issue...plus a bit of micro popcorn...too much salt!

TTYL..........P

Friday's Question of the Day: What old and new shows are you looking forward to this season?

In all honesty, I hardly watch any TV anymore except Food Network and Doctor Who. There are several shows that I'd like to get to start watching though, like the new Sherlock show 'Elementary' (Personally I like the fact that Watson's a woman in this series, but I just can't stand Lucy Lu...) There's a new show on ABC called 'The Neighbors' that I'd really like to see, (here's a link to the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_iJy5auBko) and of course the new season of 'Criminal Minds' which I only watch because I have a crush on Spencer Reid... :lovestruc

belledreamer said:
There are several shows that I'd like to get to start watching though, like the new Sherlock show 'Elementary' (Personally I like the fact that Watson's a woman in this series, but I just can't stand Lucy Lu...) have a crush on Spencer Reid... :lovestruc

I have had 3 people mention that show and the fact that they don't like Lucy Lu to me in the past week. Must be a common feeling!

Happy Friday morning all! I am at work, but should have some computer time this morning while the kids are at Music. I'll answer the QOTD for now and then pop on later to chat! Hope everyone is well today and that the scale has a number that makes you happy! .....................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter