• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

I recently stayed at DW for 8 days. We stayed at All Star Music and then moved to BLT with a MK view. While we were there we got to see the MSEL Parade. We saw this on our honeymoon so it has a special meaning for us. It is my favorite parade. What is yours?
I don't know if I have a favorite parade. I remember a few from when I was little ("Happy Birthday to Mickey Mouse from across the USA!") and I've seen the very recent ones: MSEP, Boo to You, and the Pixar ones at DHS and at DL. The Pixar one at DL California Adventure is cool the way they've integrated stunts and acrobatics.

I successfully maintained at this week's weigh in, so I'm happy about that.

I was able to video the MSEP last month and when I get it up on line I will post a link for those people who enjoy it.

It's been a good (but rough eating-wise) morning and afternoon. I haven't really been counting my calories, but haven't been -over-eating, just eating the wrong things. My little sisters and her two boys were here, and it's my dad's birthday this weekend, but he'll be out of town, so we were doing a little celebrating (with a light, home-made cheesecake, chili rellano, chips & guacamole, etc.) at lunch. Like I said, good, but I'm not sure where I am after all those "bites." I just need to keep it simple and lo-cal for dinner and hope for the best, I guess. Drink extra water! I'm glad that my parents are trying to be healthy (we're living with them for a few months) otherwise I know I would have a harder time being successful. My dad has lost 17% of his body weight in the last year, and is eating better and exercising more than I thought I would ever see! For him it has been a lifestyle change - he's one who has always loved to eat, and piled on the cheese, butter and desserts. He has almost completely given up cheese and butter, and is very careful with desserts now. He's even started counting his calories. I'm still blown away by his dedication and success, and it makes me want to work harder. He now weighs about what I did at the beginning of the year (he's down to 190) which should be a little bit of a wake-up call by itself, especially since I'm 25 years younger than him and 5-6 inches shorter... Hoping for a good rest of the day. Hoping and praying for lots of will power over the weekend, too!
This is great. That's all.

Sounds like your Dad is setting a great example! You'll do great with his lead to follow!

Thanks for coaching :)

This strategy is hit or miss for me. Some days, I can have a small portion of something and feel satisfied. Other days, one bite and the next thing I know I eat 5 times as much and don't even remember! So, I try hard to not deprive myself, but it doesn't always work.

My favorite country is...all of them! I absolutely love WS. I love talking to the CMs in each country, all the fun things, and the food/drinks. I don't think I could pick just one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pamela~I'm so sorry for your DD. That has to be so tough on her. I know she's a great swimmer, so I think she should swim where she can be the most successful. Also, I know she does relays and it sounds like with the Y team, that could be an issue of not enough girls for a relay. I'm sure no matter what she decides, her senior year will be awesome.

Things have continued to go downhill as far as this goes. :worried: Sshe is at the point where she is seriously considering going to another team, which I would have said would NEVER happen. And you are right...with no one left in her age group there is no hope for a relay team. It is just a difficult situation. Thanks for your good thoughts.

Happy almost Friday/weekend :)

DH has this weekend off of work and this is his only weekend off of 2012, so we are trying to find something fun to do. Apparently we should have planned better since the kennel doesn't have room for our fur baby, so we will have to do some smaller things insead of a weekend getaway. I think we'll see Finding Nemo in 3d tomorrow. Saturday, we are thinking of heading to the National Aviary in Pittsburgh and then to the science center or Pitt game depending on weather. I am also hoping to hit up IKEA, but DH didn't seem too thrilled with that :lmao: We were hoping to get to a corn maze, but we have a good chance of rain and corn maze+rain just doesn't sound fun to me!

I'm off to get ready for bed and relax a bit. I'm hoping to be able to check in this weekend, but I may have limited time. Good luck to everyone on weigh ins.

Jill

Enjoy your special weekend! I'm sure you will make the most of it, no matter what you do!

Good Friday morning

I will be your coach this week. Thanks JacksLilWench for being our coach this week.

I have not been on this thread too much because I just started back to school the same time it started. Now I have been teaching for 35 years you would think I would have it down by now but NO they had to change things up. We went from teaching 5 classes of 48 minutes to 6 classes of 80 minutes. Some schools take a year or two to train their teachers for a move like this. Not my school. We found out about it in May and we started in Sept with 1 day at the end of last year and 2 days at the beginning of this year. To say we have been fumbling in the dark is an understatement.

Sorry your year is off to such a rough start. It will definitely take some time to adjust to a new schedule like that!

Question of the Day

P1000815.jpg

I recently stayed at DW for 8 days. We stayed at All Star Music and then moved to BLT with a MK view. While we were there we got to see the MSEL Parade. We saw this on our honeymoon so it has a special meaning for us. It is my favorite parade. What is yours?

Off to get breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day.

I love all that I've seen for different reasons, but if I had to pick I'd say SpectroMagic is my #1favorite! I get teary-eyed every time I hear the sound track!

QOTD My favorite parade is Spectromagic. The music is so beautiful. I'm sad we won't get to see it when we go next month, but I've never see MSEP so that will be something new. My second favorite it the Boo to You parade. I wish we could go to the party but it's gotten so expensive. My daughter is still scared of some of the villans so I'm not even sure she would enjoy it. But I love that parade. That song will be stuck in my head all day.

I'm down a pound this week. I want to lose at least another pound before our trip which I should be able to do in two weeks. I don't know why, but I just like the idea of being in the 120s when we go on our trip.

I don't blame you! A "2" in the tens place is great!

This weekend will be spent hanging and tagging items for a consignment sale. If everything sells I should make around $300, which would be really nice right now. I'm excited to go shopping at the sale too. It's always fun and my kids need jeans and shoes so hopefully I find some good deals.

I'm also going to an auction for the first time. I don't know if I'll buy anything because this lady has tons of antiques so it will be really crowded and I don't want to spend much. I'm hoping to get some things for the new house. I may go furniture shopping this weekend too. And start some packing for Disney. And make an appointment for a pedicure before we go. So I'm going to have a busy weekend. I may not be around much, but if not I'll see you guys monday. Have a good weekend everyone! And good luck on the weign-in.

Have a great busy weekend!

Happy Friday everyone!!!!! Hope you all have some wonderful plans for the weekend whether it is curling up with that long waiting book, long walk to enjoy the beginning of fall, a festival perhaps, or just "you" time! The weather here in the Northeast is definitely starting to have that fall feel to it and the festivals are running one on top of the other. Loads of fun but also serious danger territory with the foods! I'm good this weekend but next weekend is the Grape Festival in Naples, NY and they have this regional dessert....Grape Pie.....that is just to die for! It's a once a year treat so I know I'm going to have to put in a few extra miles of walking/running to make up for that splurge! lol

As far as the QOTD, for us the parades are more like a "if we happen to be there" types of things. We don't plan for them at all. Part of it is because of how ugly people can get around parade time with fighting over spots, etc. If we see it, great...if not, no big deal. We travel by ourselves now so no little ones to make a fuss over. :thumbsup2

Grape pie sounds...interesting. ::yes::

Evening all! DD and I went to visit a college in Maine today. It was a short visit because she had to get home to finish an online AP Biology quiz before swim practice. But we got a good look at the school and I definitely think it will be a contender. We will try to attend an open house next month if she decides to seriously consider it.

Swim drama continues. DD is the only swimmer left in her age group. She is waiting until we get more info next week before making any decision, but she is considering attending a practice with another team next week, just to check them out. Several of her former teammates are swimming there now, so there would be familiar faces. She is like me and does NOT like change, so this will be a hard decision for her. Throw in school stress and my Dad starting radiation treatments next week, plus having to start making some college choices, and her stress level must be hitting maximum density right now.:faint: Wish I could make everything all better like I did when she was little. Thank goodness there is no boy drama to add to this!;)

Weigh in put a smile on my face this morning and eating went well, despite being in the car for 4.5 hours and away from home for lunch. I am saving my splurge for movie popcorn tomorrow! Finally getting to see Finfing Nemo 3-D!popcorn::

Oven timer is beeping! Dinner is ready! TTYL............P

Good Friday everyone, I am really excited I started walking for excercise at the beginning of the week because I didn't want to further injure my back, as well as doing some yoga to work on my lowerback strength. I felt good today , I have decided to motivate myself by starting a big goal. Right now I plan to run the 2013 TOT ten miler, I have been reading up on it and I know I can do plus we are going to be down there for family vacation anyway. I will start my running program on Monday. Also I signed up for a 5k benefiting lung cancer research it's in late November two weeks before my adult only Disney trip. I am very motivated and hope to stay this way all the way to my goal weight of 160, which I feel so so much but a little at a time. I weighted myself today and loss two pounds, that's was encouraging as I had cheated bait on my meals and minimal exercising because of my back. Still planning on seeing the doctor want to make sure it wasn't a herniated disc or any gallbladder problems.

Also thanks to everyone on this board even thought I don't comment everyday, I read everyone's post, some I follow to other post as well. Hope everyone had a good week, and if you didn't we will make it up in this new week coming up

I live on the other coast and have never been to the World :sad: so can't have a favorite parade there but I as a general rule really like any parade.

I played in a marching band in school and really gained an appreciation of parades at an early age.

I enjoy all the parades at DLR and DCA because I think they continue the magic throughout the day and into the night.

On a totally different note I will be so glad when we get our rain back here in the Pacific Northwest, or at least a good week of showers to knock out the wildfires that are burning. Eventhough I don't live close to the fires the smoke has traveleved to my area and it is driving my asthma crazy. It is really hard to get in my exercise when I already feel like I have a couple of tires around my chest. :crazy2:

Hey guys I'm going to bow out of the challenge. Still having issues getting access to a computer at the minute and dont know when that will be resolved. Just wanted to wish you all good luck and I'll check in when I can:goodvibes

Good Saturday morning everyone .

Hey guys I'm going to bow out of the challenge. Still having issues getting access to a computer at the minute and dont know when that will be resolved. Just wanted to wish you all good luck and I'll check in when I can:goodvibes

Sorry you are having such problems with your computer. It was nice to get to know you in the last couple of challenges. Check when you can.

Question of the Day

TOday Fall begins. What do like to do to stay healthy in the fall?

Sorry no picture today. I have many things to do today so I am short on time. I am going to a quilting demo on strips of fabrics called "The Monthly Stripping Club" It only costs me $5 to the bouncer at the door and I will get a pattern and a demonstration of the pattern. Then I have to do some shopping.

I also have to straighten the house and shop for a couple who are coming over. I also have to take ds2 to the phone store to update his phone.

Off and running.

Good Saturday morning everyone .

Sorry you are having such problems with your computer. It was nice to get to know you in the last couple of challenges. Check when you can.

Question of the Day

Sorry no picture today. I have many things to do today so I am short on time. I am going to a quilting demo on strips of fabrics called "The Monthly Stripping Club" It only costs me $5 to the bouncer at the door and I will get a pattern and a demonstration of the pattern. Then I have to do some shopping.

I also have to straighten the house and shop for a couple who are coming over. I also have to take ds2 to the phone store to update his phone.

Off and running.

Wow! Busy Momma! never got into quilting but am fascinated by what people do with those "scraps" of fabric. I have some very old hand pieced squares that my FILs Mom did that I am having put together as a lap throw for him as a surprise. Amazes me that she hand sewed all those little pieces. Can't say it is a particularly pretty one but it is so special in that she made it, KWIM? it is the colors more than anything that turn me off......

Had a good day yesterday and planning on another good one today eating wise! Which leads me to answer your QOTD! :)

Question of the Day TOday Fall begins. What do like to do to stay healthy in the fall?

Much as I love love love the warm weather there is just something so special about fall here in upstate NY. The weather is so different each day, almost each hour! The best part of that is the foliage of course! It is also harvest season for many of my fav fruits and veggies so I start buying and putting up stuff for the winter to keep eating healthy. I get my various squashes to store, apples of every kind to eat out of hand and to make into sauce (no pies this year! lol), grapes, all kinds of good stuff! Our produce here is so sooo good and I think it is because of how rich the soil is on the mucks. This is also my fav time of year to go for super super long walks and runs. Perfect for it! I am also lucky to not live too far from the Finger Lakes Region which is home to over 100 wonderful wineries. Once a year or so I cajole hubby into an afternoon out there. I sample, he drives since he doesn't like wine! Hey c'mon....wine IS good for you! I get bottles of the ones I like the most and we are set for the holidays when guests come over. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :thumbsup2

QOTD: After a long, hot Florida summer, I love everything about fall. We live in an area that sees very high tourist traffic all summer long. Love what it does for the economy but am always so glad when we get our little piece of paradise back. We spend a lot of time outside - biking, walking, you name it.

Also, I finally figured out how to place photos in my signature so I posted a small before and after duo. The first one is at AKL almost three years ago and the second one is after a race I ran a few weeks ago.

Also, I finally figured out how to place photos in my signature so I posted a small before and after duo. The first one is at AKL almost three years ago and the second one is after a race I ran a few weeks ago.

WOW!!!!!!!!! What an inspiration!!!! Way to go for sure!!!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

QOTD: After a long, hot Florida summer, I love everything about fall. We live in an area that sees very high tourist traffic all summer long. Love what it does for the economy but am always so glad when we get our little piece of paradise back. We spend a lot of time outside - biking, walking, you name it.

You look fantastic! Way to stick with it!

I love fall! Summer is soooooo humid here in Kentucky and it's just miserable to be outside for very long. The last couple of weeks have been wonderful. The kids and I stay outside for hours. Football, bonfires and hayrides, apple and pumpkins and winter squash. I honestly think fall (aside from Christmas) is my favorite time of year. Plus running outside has been amazing! I can actually breathe because there's hardly any humidity.

I know there's been some mention of eating gluten free. Going GF is one of the best decisions I have ever made! I feel so much healthier. My stomach and I get along much better. It's still not great because I have Crohn's disease, but I know which one is making me sick and it's certainly worth it to only be sick from Crohn's and not both.

Here are some things I've learned in the last year since I went to the allergist and was diagnosed with allergies to wheat, rice, oats, cashews, hazelnuts, and oysters. First, I am not allergic to rice, cashews, or hazelnuts. My GI doctor says that I am gluten intolerant, not allergic to wheat, but I sometimes break out in a rash when I eat wheat. I am definitely allergic to oats. I don't even like looking at oysters, so I will not be finalizing that allergy. I cannot eat peanut butter and have never liked eating peanuts. Nuts in general are not encouraged when one has Crohn's. I also was on a peanut/tree nut free diet when my ENT thought I had Meniere's disease, so I'm pretty used to it.

Here is what I do to manage my dietary restrictions.

I plan as much as possible. My lunch box is huge because everything I eat during the day should come from home. The cafeteria at work is a cross-contamination gold mine, not to mention unhealthy. I pack lots of fruit and as many veggies as possible. GF deli meat is great. The deli washes down the slicer before they cut my meat. I simply tell them I am GF and they automatically wash down the slicer. There is a woman at the deli at one store that I don't even need to tell and she tells her co-workers for me. I found GF wraps at the same store. I cut the wrap in half, add some mustard, and 4 oz. of natural turkey breast or oven roasted chicken breast and I have a great lunch. I usually add a side salad or baby carrots. Plenty of salad dressings are labeled GF. I have found many that are dairy free as well. I like Ken's Healthy Options. Yoplait now makes lactose free yogurt. It is GF as well. It has more sugar than I'd like, but I can eat it and it is important that I have dairy in my diet. Lactaid milk is also GF. I buy Enjoy Life gluten free/nut free granola. It is also oat, soy, and dairy free. If you can eat eggs, I highly recommend them.

Dinner is harder because my parents do not eat gluten free. However, they are very good about making sure that the protein and veggies are GF. They sometimes have a rice dish that is not GF and once in a while will have wheat pasta. Usually they eat corn pasta. I think someone mentioned being GF and vegan. I cannot eat a lot of soy (like soymilk, edamame, or tofu), so that would be very hard for me. I love eggplant and we do all sorts of things with it. Quinoa is great. My parents don't like it, so we don't it eat, but it is a great option. GF oats are another option, if you can eat oats at all. They are readily available. I buy almost all of my GF baking products at either Ocean State Job Lot or from amazon. It depends on which one is cheaper. It varies by product. If you can eat rice, make friends with rice milk. I can have Lactaid, but rice milk is often what GF/dairy recipes suggest you use.

A big thing that I have found is that more and more "regular" products are being labeled GF. You can also go to companies' websites and print off lists of their GF products. I can't remember where I heard that suggestion and it has been one of the best things I did to help me eat GF. I have to be so wary of cross-contamination so these two things are very helpful.

Somewhere online there is a beginner's guide to eating gluten free. It tells you ingredients that also mean "there is gluten in this food." The one that I kept messing up on is malt. It is from barley. Maltodextrin is in some products and usually labeled if it is made from corn.

When I am at a restaurant, I always ask questions. Even if the restaurant has a GF menu, I make sure to tell them that I am gluten intolerant, not making a choice to eat GF. I ask what kind of oil food is cooked in if I happen to stuck eating nachos. There are 2 restaurants that I frequent that are very good about cooking GF. One is a local chain and the other is the 99 Restaurant. Something really important is flavoring. Burger meat is often seasoned and they season pounds of it at a time. French fries, if you chose to eat them, are often cooked in the same fryer as chicken tenders or beer battered fish.

Eating GF sounds complicated, but my feeling is that it is only more difficult when you are eating out somewhere. I do everything possible to avoid gluten and I am much happier and healthier because of it. Don't be embarrassed about asking for ingredients. You are taking care of yourself and that is what is most important.

No matter what dietary restriction and/or choice you are navigating at this time, advocate for yourself and do what is right for you!

In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Have a great, OP day everyone!

Hi everyone!!

I'm down 2.2 pounds this week. I'm glad to see the scale moving after the last few months of stress. I need to really get back into my exercise routine (mainly cardio). I'm going to jump off of here in a few and get on the treadmill.

Favorite parade at Disney: Spectromagic! :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I've got more dr apts to schedule on Monday. I met with my hematologist on Thursday. I'm starting Lovenox (blood thinner) injections on October 1st. I can't be on warfarin and pregnant so they're stopping it now before I start my fertility drugs.

Toodles! :tinker:

Yes! I am all caught up! And it's only 10:30 Saturday morning. Gotta love no commitments. I'm going to ignore all the wonderful QOTDs from the past week (sorry I missed your coaching Kaiti!) and just start in with today's from Dona (thanks for coaching). I really prefer summer over fall and am quite disappointed at the change in the weather. I'm trying to look at the positive side and tell myself that the cooler temps mean running will be better. BUT I have only run once in 6 weeks, so that's hardly helping. :lmao: Plus it's so dark. sigh

I had a maintain this week and am so very happy. I must admit that I got caught up on my reading while eating a Costco muffin for breakfast. Not off to a great start for the day. But dinner will be a salad with leftover chicken so that makes up for it right? ;)

Need to figure out some way for DS2 to drive longer than 10 minutes today. It is taking a very long time to reach 100 hours. We're at 8. We may have him drive us to visit DS1 at college. Not that that's something I really want to do, but it would get him 45 minutes behind the wheel each way and that'd be good.

Better go accomplish something around here. DS1 left his room a mess when he left for college. Just packed what he wanted and left everything else. ugh I had hoped to move DS2 into it today, but it is a bigger project than I had anticipated. Insert a maid with a scrub brush smilie here!

Have a super OP weekend!

Good Sunday morning everyone.

I have not time this morning for anything. I have been to church, am off to the nursing home in a few minutes and then when I come home I have to mow some lawns.

I see though it has been pretty quiet this weekend. Where is everyone?

Question of the Day

When do you like to exercise? What works best for you?

Whew...just caught up!!!

Remember my community bowl rule! Not everyone washes their hands after the potty! Stay out of the toilet bowl of candy!

Ewwwww...that WILL keep me out of the candy bowl!!!

Here is the link to the information about the groups http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45953534&postcount=4
I think it is just another tool to give you a smaller group to check in with for support. :goodvibes
Thank you!!!!!

I had a disappointment at my race on Sunday and had to DNF (did not finish) at mile 9 due to illness. :sad: I was having a great race until I had problems with dizziness. Apparently it was a problem with the beta blocker I take for blood pressure. It was disappointing to not finish but probably a blessing in disguise as I would much rather have a problem at a local race than have this happen to me in a few weeks at the Wine & Dine. I'm cleared to run again and ready to rock n' roll. :rockband:

Kudos to all of us for sticking with this healthy lifestyle thing and working on our dreams! :goodvibes

Oh noo!! So sorry about your race. But you put it in a great perspective. I can't wait to hear about the Wine and Dine!! So jealous!!

As for me, I decided not to do the Hudson Mohawk Half scheduled in 3 weeks. I am sticking to my running plans but the mental aspect of "now is the day I MUST do (x) miles", on top of the stress of the campaign, DH's unemployment, jobs #1, 2 and 3, etc etc...I made the decision that I need to give myself a break from something. And the relief was felt almost instantly. Just too much pressure on myself right now, I think. Plus those 5 hours of walking every Saturday and Sunday (going door to door in the neighborhoods) are really taking a toll on my feet!! I am going to keep running 4 miles at least 3x a week, and try for a longer run each weekend and see how things go. I might be able to sign up for one in the spring...

Good Friday morning

I will be your coach this week. Thanks JacksLilWench for being our coach this week.
:)

Question of the Day

Mine is Spectromagic. It was the "new" parade when my DH and I went to WDW on our honeymoon - in 1991!! It was his very visit ever to WDW and watching that parade with him was absolutely magical. Just hearing the opening bars of it brings me back to watching it for the first time with him...

Evening all! DD and I went to visit a college in Maine today. It was a short visit because she had to get home to finish an online AP Biology quiz before swim practice. But we got a good look at the school and I definitely think it will be a contender. We will try to attend an open house next month if she decides to seriously consider it.

Swim drama continues. DD is the only swimmer left in her age group. She is waiting until we get more info next week before making any decision, but she is considering attending a practice with another team next week, just to check them out. Several of her former teammates are swimming there now, so there would be familiar faces. She is like me and does NOT like change, so this will be a hard decision for her. Throw in school stress and my Dad starting radiation treatments next week, plus having to start making some college choices, and her stress level must be hitting maximum density right now.:faint: Wish I could make everything all better like I did when she was little. Thank goodness there is no boy drama to add to this!;)

Weigh in put a smile on my face this morning and eating went well, despite being in the car for 4.5 hours and away from home for lunch. I am saving my splurge for movie popcorn tomorrow! Finally getting to see Finfing Nemo 3-D!popcorn::

Oven timer is beeping! Dinner is ready! TTYL............P

I am so sorry to hear about the swim drama. My fingers are crossed that she adapts to change for this, and whatever decision she makes will be the right one for her.

We're also in the college-visit season. DS is considering all the military academies, plus SUNY Maritime and Siena College (with an ROTC scholarship, hopefully). if anyone has any insight into any of those, I'd love to hear it. I'm a lot worried about his desire for the military academies on two fronts: not sure he can get in because while he has "good" grades (93 or so average with all AP and Honors classes), plus good leadership stuff, etc - I'm not sure it is "good enough" and while disappointment is a part of life, it will still be hard if it happens. And hard as a mom to watch and 2), the military academies force kids to grow up so quick. Again, my thoughe here, not his - I want him to be able to really enjoy the maturing process that college offers. But I'm not saying any of this to him - it will have to be his decision, not mine. I'll support whatever that is!!
Question of the Day

Question of the Day TOday Fall begins. What do like to do to stay healthy in the fall?

Much as I love love love the warm weather there is just something so special about fall here in upstate NY. The weather is so different each day, almost each hour! The best part of that is the foliage of course! It is also harvest season for many of my fav fruits and veggies so I start buying and putting up stuff for the winter to keep eating healthy. I get my various squashes to store, apples of every kind to eat out of hand and to make into sauce (no pies this year! lol), grapes, all kinds of good stuff! Our produce here is so sooo good and I think it is because of how rich the soil is on the mucks. This is also my fav time of year to go for super super long walks and runs. Perfect for it! I am also lucky to not live too far from the Finger Lakes Region which is home to over 100 wonderful wineries. Once a year or so I cajole hubby into an afternoon out there. I sample, he drives since he doesn't like wine! Hey c'mon....wine IS good for you! I get bottles of the ones I like the most and we are set for the holidays when guests come over. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :thumbsup2

I love to run outside in the fall. A little chilly at the start but perfect once I get going. It's my favorite season - love the colors, the "smell" in the air. We're upstate NY too, but are closer to the Mass border and I can see 2 mountain ranges from our house. It's beautiful when the colors change....

Wow, wow, wow!!! You just gave so many of us the inspiration to keep going!!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Question of the Day

When do you like to exercise? What works best for you?

In the evening. I'm not much of a morning person. However, if its still warm outside I'll get in the pool around mid afternoon.

I don't typically change my habits with the seasons. I try to continue to eat healthy, exercise, and drink my water. I tend to walk a lot more outside obviously because its cooler. I also have to keep an eye on my eating. This time of year I like to do a lot of baking. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter